ADVERTISEMENT

The Mighty Red Raiders at Pisgah.

So based on the small amount of investing I have been able to do the last 24 hours....I'm really feeling like the SP squad is Tyson Riley led and what a stud they have in that kid!! Says he's an army brat. Both parents are military and apparently his father is an officer. Very respectful and intelligent young man. His positive attitude, team first mentality....and his belief in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ....a little shorter at about 5'7 and that looks generous. However the kid playes like he's 6'1 210. Regardless of his size, this young man can make laterall movements and bounce the ball outside, or even run through ya if need be cause there is ZERO fear in this young man!! I understand that he was second in the state at 152 LB class last year wrestling which that alone tells you what kind of athlete he is!! PHS will screw themselves right off the jump if they underestimate this savage little man based on his height alone!! That's when he will drop 3 bills of yardage and 5 TDs on the night. The good news however, is we have some of the best if not THE best coaching staffs in the state of NC and I assure you that Coach BC will have those blood thirsty savages on D ready to bust heads with Mr Riley and will have a plan in place to ensure he doesn't run like Gump all over the Bears first team D!! Lots of mid level talent and didn't see many "weak spots" where SP was concerned with exception of a passing game. Lacking there as it seems. But....when you have a Tyson Riley then you're naturally gonna run the ball much more! Pisgah Defense stays at home and plays hard nosed....hit, wrap up and run through.....and lastly angle tackle quick and often where it's so hot in the kitchen where Chef Riley been cooking Defenses all season!! Have to wrap this kid up yall! We do that...we come out with a ticket to round 3 I have no doubt!! I constantly see and hear these young NC prep football athletes lay claim to a 4.4 forty yard dash but Riley looks like he may have actually timed a couple of those. Quick bursts of speed when he gets to the second level he's running north and south so safeties need to try and get him before he reaches thirds!!! Gonna be a good one yall!! I like the little commentary SP does like the kicker edition with Burtwhistle I think was his name that kicked a nice little walk off field goal a week or two ago and that kid is hilarious yall! Seems like an overall great group of kids in SP that mesh well and it shows on the field!! SP Head man seems like a great hire and hope they keep him many more years!! Great tradition in SP from what I gather. This game had a lot of mirroring factors really. All the way down to your #31 and our vertically challenged #8 that by all rights has been our go to stud with the rock as well. Quick feet and runs with scissors. Not gonna time him less than a 4.7 I wouldn't think but I know he's squatting, benching and cleaning the weight room so....we love our Ian!!! We pray the Lord gives us a great football game that is as injury free on both sidelines and memories made that lasts a lifetime no matter who is the victor!! Should be a good one but I like my BAAAARS!! LETS GET OUR GROWL ON TOMORROW NIGHT MEN!!!

Go Baaaaaars!!!

I'd imagine the fans traveling by moped have already departed Belmont. Ditto for the donkey and mule riders. The ones that are actually traveling by motorized vehicles will probably leave around lunch , allowing time for a Rutherford County likker tastin' at Larry's Likker Tastin' Joint.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: tyreeseram
So based on the small amount of investing I have been able to do the last 24 hours....I'm really feeling like the SP squad is Tyson Riley led and what a stud they have in that kid!! Says he's an army brat. Both parents are military and apparently his father is an officer. Very respectful and intelligent young man. His positive attitude, team first mentality....and his belief in Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ....a little shorter at about 5'7 and that looks generous. However the kid playes like he's 6'1 210. Regardless of his size, this young man can make laterall movements and bounce the ball outside, or even run through ya if need be cause there is ZERO fear in this young man!! I understand that he was second in the state at 152 LB class last year wrestling which that alone tells you what kind of athlete he is!! PHS will screw themselves right off the jump if they underestimate this savage little man based on his height alone!! That's when he will drop 3 bills of yardage and 5 TDs on the night. The good news however, is we have some of the best if not THE best coaching staffs in the state of NC and I assure you that Coach BC will have those blood thirsty savages on D ready to bust heads with Mr Riley and will have a plan in place to ensure he doesn't run like Gump all over the Bears first team D!! Lots of mid level talent and didn't see many "weak spots" where SP was concerned with exception of a passing game. Lacking there as it seems. But....when you have a Tyson Riley then you're naturally gonna run the ball much more! Pisgah Defense stays at home and plays hard nosed....hit, wrap up and run through.....and lastly angle tackle quick and often where it's so hot in the kitchen where Chef Riley been cooking Defenses all season!! Have to wrap this kid up yall! We do that...we come out with a ticket to round 3 I have no doubt!! I constantly see and hear these young NC prep football athletes lay claim to a 4.4 forty yard dash but Riley looks like he may have actually timed a couple of those. Quick bursts of speed when he gets to the second level he's running north and south so safeties need to try and get him before he reaches thirds!!! Gonna be a good one yall!! I like the little commentary SP does like the kicker edition with Burtwhistle I think was his name that kicked a nice little walk off field goal a week or two ago and that kid is hilarious yall! Seems like an overall great group of kids in SP that mesh well and it shows on the field!! SP Head man seems like a great hire and hope they keep him many more years!! Great tradition in SP from what I gather. This game had a lot of mirroring factors really. All the way down to your #31 and our vertically challenged #8 that by all rights has been our go to stud with the rock as well. Quick feet and runs with scissors. Not gonna time him less than a 4.7 I wouldn't think but I know he's squatting, benching and cleaning the weight room so....we love our Ian!!! We pray the Lord gives us a great football game that is as injury free on both sidelines and memories made that lasts a lifetime no matter who is the victor!! Should be a good one but I like my BAAAARS!! LETS GET OUR GROWL ON TOMORROW NIGHT MEN!!!

Go Baaaaaars!!!
Good grief, write a book why don't ya. 😂

From what I have seen so far, SP has played a tough schedule and had some success this year. It appears you guys lean heavy on #31 and that's understandable, but I can guarantee you that if that is all you got, it's gonna be a long drive back to Belmont tonight. Pisgah by 3.
Safe travels Raider's fans!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I feel like the Pisgah faithful doesn't fully grasp the differences in these two teams. This should be an interesting contest. I do love Pisgah's and many other mountain towns allegiance to small town HS football. Belmont was like that until recently. You can see the glimpses of that going away - as referenced by the other poster and the 1st round home crowd. I wouldn't expect to see more 500 SP fans, but I'm sure some interested Tuscola and other mountain folk neighboring fans may fill the seats in some.

All aboard! Train 31 west bound, headed for Asheville, Canton, and Waynesville. This train don’t stop often and when it does it’s just to let folks get off. Put all your lumber in the middle and block the track, then you’ll be shocked 😮 to see what happens next! I’m sure lookin forward to the ride. GO BIG RED

I feel like the Pisgah faithful doesn't fully grasp the differences in these two teams.

Put all your lumber in the middle and block the track, then you’ll be shocked 😮 to see what happens next!
As with almost anything, there's two sides to every coin. Sure, I would expect SP to bring some things we haven't seen, but as a two sided coin, don't be surprised for Pisgah to do the same. Yeah there's differences in every team we have played this year and to be honest, I haven't personally spent a lot of time studying SP other than for a few of the basics that make a high school football team successful so I am sure there are things that I nor any other Bear fan know or have seen. I mean, if your suggesting a "shocker" for Pisgah you may be terribly disappointed.
78 all the talk this season has been around #31, haven't heard of any Randy Moss' or Jerry Rice's. Without the air assault, you have fewer options, left, right, or up the middle.
Either way, gonna be a dandy of a game. See y'all there.

Like all football games this one will be decided by who makes the least mistakes.Jf Bears keep it close going into the fourth QT we win. Win or not couldn't be any prouder of these kids and the coaches.Been through a lot this year .Will be the first Pisgah team in history to never play a home game .When they walk off that field for the last time [which I hope is a few games away] they will deserve and get a standing ovation from their fans .Go Bears! .Pisgah by 7.

Last edited:
As with almost anything, there's two sides to every coin. Sure, I would expect SP to bring some things we haven't seen, but as a two sided coin, don't be surprised for Pisgah to do the same. Yeah there's differences in every team we have played this year and to be honest, I haven't personally spent a lot of time studying SP other than for a few of the basics that make a high school football team successful so I am sure there are things that I nor any other Bear fan know or have seen. I mean, if your suggesting a "shocker" for Pisgah you may be terribly disappointed.
78 all the talk this season has been around #31, haven't heard of any Randy Moss' or Jerry Rice's. Without the air assault, you have fewer options, left, right, or up the middle.
Either way, gonna be a dandy of a game. See y'all there.
That’s just south point ... pound the rock and when you are playing 11 in the box they will throw a pass .... usually left,right,middle, counter is all that’s needed 😂

Reactions: beamer24
From what I have seen so far, SP has played a tough schedule and had some success this year. It appears you guys lean heavy on #31 and that's understandable, but I can guarantee you that if that is all you got, it's gonna be a long drive back to Belmont tonight. Pisgah by 3.
Safe travels Raider's fans!
That's all we've got..... other than a 6'7" 290lb tackle he runs behind. But it doesnt matter if it wasn't all we had. SP isnt going to scheme any differently. They run the ball and as frustrated as we fans get sometimes being so one dimensional we are very fortunate to have the success we have doing exactly what everyone knows we are going to do.
https://www.gastongazette.com/story...er-continues-hard-nosed-tradition/6384611001/

Last edited:

That's all we've got..... other than a 6'7" 290lb tackle he runs behind. But it doesnt matter if it wasn't all we had. SP isnt going to scheme any differently. They run the ball and as frustrated as we fans get sometimes being so one dimensional we are very fortunate to have the success we have doing exactly what everyone knows we are going to do.
https://www.gastongazette.com/story...er-continues-hard-nosed-tradition/6384611001/
I won't write a novel on this one since some of my Milltown brothers don't take to reading anything more than basic surface chit chat....With that said, PHS is gonna have to find keys early on to give them that split second of pre play direction and be careful with the counter and traps coming as well. Angle tackle and wrap up and hold on for dear life! Two cents of mine in simp terms for some of yall river rats who lost their patience to read a post in the flood apparently. Lmao. GO BAAARS!

Yeah, up the middle, left and right. 3 plays lol
Its been that way for years. When I was a kid Willie Strain was the first running back I remember. He was my hero, I even got a full uniform with his name and number on it one year for Christmas. But even then I remember my dad telling people its either Willie left, Willie right or Willie up the middle.

Good luck Big Bear, Black Bear, Brown Bear, Polar Bear, Poppa Bear, Momma Bear, Baby Bear, Hillbilly Bear, Smokey Bear, Pokey Bear, Shit Bear and Bare Butt. Y’all be sure and clean up Tuscola’s stadium after the game. I spect it will be the last time you’ll be needin it this season.

I won't write a novel on this one since some of my Milltown brothers don't take to reading anything more than basic surface chit chat....With that said, PHS is gonna have to find keys early on to give them that split second of pre play direction and be careful with the counter and traps coming as well. Angle tackle and wrap up and hold on for dear life! Two cents of mine in simp terms for some of yall river rats who lost their patience to read a post in the flood apparently. Lmao. GO BAAARS!
I was just giving ya a hard time brother. It was a good post.

It's been fun y'all. Y'all be safe traveling to Haywood county today. We'll see ya at the game. Oh! Buy some 50/50 too. It was over 600 take home last week, SG only had like 25 people in the stands.
OUDuckfan, if I see ya I'll introduce myself.

It's been fun y'all. Y'all be safe traveling to Haywood county today. We'll see ya at the game. Oh! Buy some 50/50 too. It was over 600 take home last week, SG only had like 25 people in the stands.
OUDuckfan, if I see ya I'll introduce myself.
Sounds good. You'll see me, I stick out like a sore thumb wearing green at the game!

Last edited:
Have another commitment and not making it to the game. It is killing me to miss this game, but I will be following Calvin's twitter feed on the edge of my seat.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Have another commitment and not making it to the game. It is killing me to miss this game, but I will be following Calvin's twitter feed on the edge of my seat.
Does SP have radio team? If not, Pisgah’s radio broadcast is from WPTL in Canton. You can download their streaming app in the App store, or go to WPTL.net, and stream from there.

Did yall not tell all the Pisgah fans yall were the home team tonight? Got some strays on the visitors side.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
Hello, Ms. Sasha...I'm fine and hope you and yours are , too. Your prediction may be correct, but I'm 'athanken the event will be a tad closer. What time did you leave Gastonia to arrive at the Waynesville venue at a respectable time ?
Unfortunately, I am not well enough right now to travel so far and sit in the night air. Plus the UNCG Spartans are on ESPN+ tonight. I will keep up with both games the best I can.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
PHS second possession start at own 20
58 yd pass to SP 1 yd line
1 yd TD run
6:42 left in the half
SP 6. PHS 10

Kickoff returned toPHS 47
:14 left in half
2 yd TD run by Riley
SP 13. PHS 10

Kickoff endzone
PHS. Takes a knee