ADVERTISEMENT

The Mighty Red Raiders at Pisgah.

I’m not gonna lie it will be a really tough test we know what SP can do, but this team has been through so much, no home field, tons of injuries and through it all they have not blinked. I don’t expect them to back up from this challenge either. I’ve heard Riley is the real deal and from his highlights it seems he really is. Good luck to SP safe travels, to bad this can’t be on the river id like for it to be really good and cold, suppose Waynesville will have to do

Talk about coming out of hibernation. Did you finally figure out SP had moved up and Shelby was no where around? Hope your doing ok.
Same to you, SHS LION. The shock treatments have worked. The Doctors seem to be happy. However, my ankle bracelet shocks me anytime I get within 20 miles of Shelby. The ankle bracelet was a condition for my release. 😀

I guess I'll be the guy..... sp by 21 maybe 28. If you struggled with SG we're gonna beat you like you stole something from us.
Since you want to compare scores .Last night Franklin lost to KM 21-17 KM scores in the last minute .The Bears beat Franklin 20-16. Km beat SP 24-7 Just saying !

Reactions: notanyonesfan
2016 all over again!
I watched your game against Crest and I think you guys are really good but not 2016 good. That team had few to no weakness. 31 is a great back we may not stop him but you are far more a one man show than 2016

SG apparently had several starters out against EG. Coach said on radio show this morning there were several players they didn't see on film that were on the field last night. I don't think Pisgah struggled with them as much as it was play calling. It was kinda vanilla last night. Like I said the Bears will give it their best shot at beating the mighty midgets of Belmont.

I'd like to hear more about SP's crappy defense that gave up 31pts last night. Why does their defense suck so bad and how can Pisgah take advantage of it?

SG apparently had several starters out against EG. Coach said on radio show this morning there were several players they didn't see on film that were on the field last night. I don't think Pisgah struggled with them as much as it was play calling. It was kinda vanilla last night. Like I said the Bears will give it their best shot at beating the mighty midgets of Belmont.
SG had a total of 5 yds rushing last night. They ran a kickoff back, and had a couple of long passes. One of those receptions was actually an interception for us, but a dubious call from the ref gave the ball to SG at the one yd line. How often does SP throw the ball?

I'd like to hear more about SP's crappy defense that gave up 31pts last night. Why does their defense suck so bad and how can Pisgah take advantage of it?
SP defense against the run typically isn’t bad. Last night was an exception. Tackling was horrid.

Schematically, the pass defense is a joke. Any team with athletes outside can exploit it as long as they want to. SP will not change it’s coverage. Expect the DBs to be at minimum 10 yards off the ball.

SG had a total of 5 yds rushing last night. They ran a kickoff back, and had a couple of long passes. One of those receptions was actually an interception for us, but a dubious call from the ref gave the ball to SG at the one yd line. How often does SP throw the ball?
They won’t. I mean unless it’s 3rd and 32 or something like that.

You seem like a really level headed poster I’m curious how would you compare SP currently to the 2016 team?
They aren’t comparable really. Our QB play is the weakest it’s been in a long time. The reads just aren’t there like in years past. That has reduced the play calling and it’s very predictable.

Riley is a stud. He’s a small guy but runs like the typical SP fullbacks have in the past. But there are no threats at wing to take the emphasis off of him.

We have some overall really good players. The defense is strong in the middle but very suspect outside.

I’ve been to several Pisgah games this year to see a friends kids play. I am hardly a die hard Pisgah fan BUT the Bears have been overwhelmed with injuries and obstacles of all kinds and somehow at the end of 48 minutes they make enough plays to win. In particular I saw them pull off a win vs Franklin and a win vs Tuscola that 9 out of 10 teams would have lost. There is no quit in this team and just when you think you have them beat they rip sure victory from your hands. They have both a good running game and passing game. SP better bring it. This game is a toss up to me. It all depends on how well will Pisgah D front hold up and how well will SP secondary hold up. I see a 17-14 type game breaking out

In 2016 we had a QB who could throw the ball when he had to. Good FB in Alexander and good play at the wings. We don't have that this year. We more balanced offense in 2016.
They aren’t comparable really. Our QB play is the weakest it’s been in a long time. The reads just aren’t there like in years past. That has reduced the play calling and it’s very predictable.

Riley is a stud. He’s a small guy but runs like the typical SP fullbacks have in the past. But there are no threats at wing to take the emphasis off of him.

We have some overall really good players. The defense is strong in the middle but very suspect outside.

Reactions: beamer24
Pisgah well coach team with very physical line. They lack team speed, but south point usually has same problem but that option is hard to stop going south point 35-21

I watched your game against Crest and I think you guys are really good but not 2016 good. That team had few to no weakness. 31 is a great back we may not stop him but you are far more a one man show than 2016
We're a complete 1 man team this year.

• Haha
Reactions: sasha_nc
Any good local grub spots near tuscola? I'm a fat kid at heart and love food!

Fat Buddies is good in Waynesville. Southern Porch in Canton is good as well

Any good local grub spots near tuscola? I'm a fat kid at heart and love food!
If you get up here a little early, you can stop in Canton and help support a couple of the restaurants that have reopened after the flood: Black Bear Cafe and BearWaters Brewing. In Waynesville, Boojum Brewing, Los Amigos, Waynesville Pizza Co, Blue Rooster (get there early), and Haywood Smokehouse.

This thread is going to have 15 pages by next Friday. The two most annoying fan bases in the southeastern United States. Wait until the Tuscola guys inevitably get involved
I see a hint of jealousy here. You could have 15 pages on your 2nd round thread this week, if you had a fan base. Alas, it’s just you. Keep up the thought though. Thanks for joining in!

I’m not gonna lie it will be a really tough test we know what SP can do, but this team has been through so much, no home field, tons of injuries and through it all they have not blinked. I don’t expect them to back up from this challenge either. I’ve heard Riley is the real deal and from his highlights it seems he really is. Good luck to SP safe travels, to bad this can’t be on the river id like for it to be really good and cold, suppose Waynesville will have to do
And that papermill smell. Be good for SP players and fans to have to drive back to Belmont with it coated in them 😂

And that papermill smell. Be good for SP players and fans to have to drive back to Belmont with it coated in them 😂
Belmonts stinky too or it’s just that ol fat white chick with cornrows that Rules is always talking about 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT