1 - goal on the 7
7:21 left in the game
4 yd TD
SP. 20. PHS. 17

PHS. 1 - 10 own 20
4:25 left
7yd TD run
SP 20. PHS. 24

Tough way to lose a game for Pisgah. Congratulations SP 27 24 I think the final score was

Last edited:
95.yd kickoff return
SP 27. PHS 24
4:12 left

Pisgah 1 - 10 own 20
Pisgah misses a 39yd Fg with :02 left
BALL GAME

SP. 27. Pisgah. 24. Final

• Wow
Reactions: beamer24
I suspect there will be much conversation about the last two minutes of that game, and the decision to play to tie rather than go for the win. Even with 22 seconds left it would have been possible to pass one time and still have enough time to kick a FG, seems to me. Then again IDK what the PHS coaches know.

I suspect there will be much conversation about the last two minutes of that game, and the decision to play to tie rather than go for the win. Even with 22 seconds left it would have been possible to pass one time and still have enough time to kick a FG, seems to me. Then again IDK what the PHS coaches know.
Perhaps I missed something as well, but SP hasn’t covered 25 well yet and he had 5 inches on the corner I’m gonna make him prove he can cover him, regardless to much time tan off the 3 mins prior with no urgency

Its times like this that I am inclined to agree with that HS coach that kicks onside every single time. Gives your team a chance to get the ball at the risk of good field position for the other team,. But above all NO runbacks for TDS.

Reactions: tyreeseram
Worst end of game management by a coaching staff I’ve ever seen SP on there heels and pisgah wall king around and huddling no urgency by the coaches
Agreed. But Damn they coached one hell of a game up to that point. I'm really proud of our Bears and coaching staff all in all. Let's get the singlets and Air Jordan's out now boys and lift like hell till time to get on that track and field to prepare for fall!! Unbelievable season for PHS through playing with NO HOME FIELD the entire season!! Hats off to South Point that runs that "novacaine" type offense although not a split veer like they did in RTT flick, it still supports the quote...."6 plays run like Novacaine, give it time and it always works"
-Herman Boone I hate to be "that guy", but IF we had not been completely riddled with season ending injuries in every way imaginable....The Red Raiders train would be driving back to Gaston Co feeling something completely different!! But, that's a sorry way to think on my part because the sport of football is a game that comes with injuries and hurdles of all types! It's a part of the sport that helps to make little boys grow into fine men during these times thru some adversity! Again...hats off to SP and I hope like hell you guys take it all the way and play in the big one! Fine bunch of youngins, your fans seem to be good people and coaches to boot! See ya next year boys!! God Bless and travel safely down the hill men! Sorry for my longer posts... 😆 I can be long winded at times!!

SP’s Tyson Riley #31
35 carries vs EG
372 yards
5 touchdowns

I don’t think the Bears want any part of that!
GO BIG RED !!!
What were his stats tonight? I can't remember to be exact but I wanna say it came to 3.7 per carry?? Great ball club! 👏 Nearly 4 yards a tote will get the job done many times and it was good enough tonight. Best of luck guys! Hope yall take it the distance! 👍

29 for 115 yards. 2 TDs
Great kid!! Didn't know he was the kid that lost to our 152 in the state championship match last season! He wins the whole thing this year I'll bet. Anyways. Best of luck through the remainder of your football season and hope to meet yall this time next year!

That was a helluva game! Our boys played their tails off. Proud of them!
Some how I think the 42-0 was easier to take than this. I'm a whole lotta of pissed off right now. Good luck to SP the rest of the way. Good to meet ya OUduckfan. Maybe we'll do it again next year.

• Angry
Reactions: SPRaiders78
Proud of the Bears and the coaches ,lot of teams would love to be 10-2 .That game could have went either way .The Kick off return beat us,You always need a little luck in a game like this .

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
The Bears players played well enough to win. Taking nothing away from South Point but Pisgah coaching staff cost the game. With 3 minutes left I just think it was taking too long to call plays. Pisgah could run at will. Just line up and run it. The last 20 second I would have taken a couple shots to the end zone with 25. If that don’t work kick the fg. South Point has a fine club and they run what they do to perfection but the better team lost tonight. Just an outsiders opinion. But hey everyone has one

Proud of the Bears and the coaches ,lot of teams would love to be 10-2 .That game could have went either way .The Kick off return beat us,You always need a little luck in a game like this .
Great game and yall hung tough.....congrats on a fine season.

That was a great game to watch no matter which side you sat on. Neither defense could really stop the other all night long. Pisgah made one stop early in the second half and SP held Pisgah to a field goal one time in the first half. Two equal teams in my book. The difference in the game was probably the Pisgah coaching in the last minute of the game. For the life of me I do not understand that call to settle for a long field goal attempt to tie instead of trying to win it. SP had already shown that they had no answer for that Pisgah offense. A real head scratcher for sure. That loss is on the coaches, not the poor kid that missed the field goal.

As many have said on here, that was a terrible last 25 seconds of coaching and clock management, with a timeout left. I bragged on their coaching earlier in the week, I think I will officially retract that statement. Pisgah seemed to be the better team IMO, hard to believe they played for a tie.

Reactions: 91ths
That was a helluva game! Our boys played their tails off. Proud of them!
Some how I think the 42-0 was easier to take than this. I'm a whole lotta of pissed off right now. Good luck to SP the rest of the way. Good to meet ya OUduckfan. Maybe we'll do it again next year.
Yes sir it was good meeting you too!

The Bears players played well enough to win, but the better team lost tonight. Just an outsiders opinion. But hey everyone has one
Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. I agree, I thought Pisgah was the better team. South Point had several play calls that made absolutely no sense. And as usual the pass defense couldn’t cover a double bed with a king size sheet. As several on here have already said, Pisgah’s coaches are responsible for that loss, not the players. Some great Pisgah fans sit behind us on the visitors side. They were sick at the end and who could blame them.

SP has to now get ready for round 2 of The Big South.

How bout the Midgets, as haters like to call them, knocking off a 1 seed. GO BIG RED

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT