ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount Head Football Coach (Updated 5-15; Greg Lloyd hired)

Do we even know if he interviewed for it??

You guys spent your evening worrying over if there was subliminal messaging on a dudes Twitter profile.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TD-FridayNight

You guys spent your evening worrying over if there was subliminal messaging on a dudes Twitter profile.
And how much time did you spend reading our posts? I would say as much as we spent writing them, or close. Not being a smart azz but this is what I enjoy in my later years and also enjoyed it as long as I have been on NCPreps. It is a great pass time for me as I watch TV. Would you like me to leave for a while, I will if you ask me nice. I am not hard to get along with. :)

Last edited:

That what makes NCPrep Great 😉 and I was told He did apply and Starmount had 3 Finalist (including Lowman)

I'd could care less about Starmounts new head coach . Way I look at it if Loman winds up over there he is just trading tail whooping under a Cardinal hat for tail whooping under Ram hat makes no difference to MA

Reactions: sbbbfan and KW23
Arrogance: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions.
Some of us are so proud of our teams and many others if had a top team would be just as arrogant. I have seen it in the past when others were proud and showed it in their posts, to name only a few, Swain. Murphy, Robbinsville, Albemarle & East Surry with many more over the years, and I see nothing wrong with it because it may not last long as there is always a new sheriff in town, so enjoy it while we can. It is human nature for most ! Just think about it.

Reactions: Bearfan71
Some of us are so proud of our teams and many others if had a top team would be just as arrogant. I have seen it in the past when others were proud and showed it in their posts, to name only a few, Swain. Murphy, Robbinsville, Albemarle & East Surry with many more over the years, and I see nothing wrong with it because it may not last long as there is always a new sheriff in town, so enjoy it while we can. It is human nature for most ! Just think about it.
In my mind, there’s a difference between pride and arrogance. Thomasville, my alma mater, has a pretty good long term tradition of success. And you may remember a Bulldog poster who showed a great deal of arrogance. I cringed every time he posted, especially when he was ready to fight over some petty criticism.
I learned a lot from Dean Smith’s admonition to his players to act like they had been there before. Every dog has his day and even being much better than your opponent doesn’t guarantee a win. Humble pie tastes much better than crow.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
I think the comment was much more about Coach Lowman than about Mt Airy. But your point about humbleness is well taken.
I for one do care about Starmounts next coach because it is hard to have a rivalry if the other team is seldom competitive. I wish all our local teams were top of the line, winning or competing to win their conference every year.

Reactions: gdawg74
In my mind, there’s a difference between pride and arrogance. Thomasville, my alma mater, has a pretty good long term tradition of success. And you may remember a Bulldog poster who showed a great deal of arrogance. I cringed every time he posted, especially when he was ready to fight over some petty criticism.
I learned a lot from Dean Smith’s admonition to his players to act like they had been there before. Every dog has his day and even being much better than your opponent doesn’t guarantee a win. Humble pie tastes much better than crow.
You call it arrogance, and others consider it pride. This is not college and we are not Dean's players. This also helps keep NCPreps interesting. It may be Mount Airy for a few years and they come off their high horse for another, maybe Starmount in this conference to brag. It has been going on for years in all-conference. Where was your complaint when ER and Draughn were doing the same last fall? Seems not just you but several always want to come down on Mount Airy posters when others are doing the same thing.

I think the comment was much more about Coach Lowman than about Mt Airy. But your point about humbleness is well taken.
I for one do care about Starmounts next coach because it is hard to have a rivalry if the other team is seldom competitive. I wish all our local teams were top of the line, winning or competing to win their conference every year.
MT Airy vs North Surry would be a fun game to watch if both teams were competitive instead of 1 sided match ups.

Cleveland County (Shelby, Crest, Kings Mountain, and Burns). Go to the 3-A board and follow the topic “Cleveland County” been going on since 2022 season ended!!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
If Starmount is able to hire Greg Lloyd, that would be huge. Kudos to them is this is indeed the choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT