ADVERTISEMENT

SP @ Crest

We all love the game and the kids. Hopefully they know we are behind them 100%
and only talking foolishness most of the time. Much respect for Shelby, Crest, SP
and Burns. Great young men and athletes from all of these schools!

After talking to a (VERY GOOD SOURCE) about this years South Point team I am going to predict the South Point Red Raiders in a major upset over the Nationally ranked Crest High Chargers 28 to 21.Bottom line everything Seadog has been trying to tell these rednecks from Boiling Springs and the one from Earl is true.

after talking to a very good source. i thing south point will run up and down the field against the team from shelby. i think this a pretty normal thing

When the Chargers go 5 WR wide the Raiders might just be in a little trouble!

great point. time will tell. from what i have saw. crest has not been in empty yet in the pre season. we will see if it happens next friday. good luck. i actually like to see south point do well. just after the 1st game.

Reactions: coondog8585

I love every kid that has the drive, courage, selflessness and heart to suit up and play this great game. The Crest kids are no exception. We all know that football is more than just another activity. Discipline is an important part of the game and worthy of discussion. We have fun on here smack talking with each other, but in the end, rival or not, we respect the players.

Have you picked out your red and black ensemble to wear every Friday after the 21st yet?

I wasn't calling you out Seadog for talking smack against Harbison by no means. I know you were just pointing out what he said, and I know you are a father and I know just from what little bit I've spoken to you, that you'd never talk bad about a kid from Crest, Shelby or any team really. When I saw Harbison had read our stuff though, it just made me think, especially after all the junk we said to Havelock, Shelby, and SP last year...I forget that they read this stuff, Rulz even had to remind me a couple years ago cause the stuff I was saying...But anyway, I don't want you to think I got mad at you or anything, that was not my intent, like I said, I know what you're about.

and I got my red and black ready...just in case God himself decides Crest should lose, which I doubt God cares who wins this game, but that's what it's going to take...I got Gardner-webb shirts and NC state black and red. what you got? Green bay packers? Oregon ducks? Lees-McRae college? maybe Independence or AC Reynolds will lend you a few shirts to wear for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
No worries 91, I know you meant no harm.

I hate to admit it, but I do have a Crest Cramper T shirt. My good friend crestbearman gave it to me. I keep it to remind me that, in the end, this is all about friendly competition and awesome young men. I'll wear that or a 9496 puke yellow sissy rag if I can find one not being used to stop water from leaking into a single wide.

Crest coach, "Somebody get out there and give Harbison a blow! No, not you backer!"

You two ....Get off your sisters. Get your mind back on football.
When the coach does say that....You won't stop him either.....
Load the box...Please......
ThIRD QTR.....MASS EXODUS......

Talked to a guy yesterday on the charger coaching staff. He said word for word. "We'll give up a couple more touchdowns this year than last year, but we're gonna score a few more touch downs than last year." I think it should even out. Should be fine. Can't wait until Friday!

Crest91, I don't think anyone believes this year's defense can be as good as 2014. I feel it will be real good though. I don't know if we can beat Shelby but South Point will be no problem.

And as Bill Murray so eloquently stated in some movie I cannot remember the name of. "That's a fact Jack"

Crest91, I don't think anyone believes this year's defense can be as good as 2014. I feel it will be real good though. I don't know if we can beat Shelby but South Point will be no problem.

And as Bill Murray so eloquently stated in some movie I cannot remember the name of. "That's a fact Jack"
STRIPES

When the Chargers go 5 WR wide the Raiders might just be in a little trouble!

Doubtful. Any team that has watched Crest play knows not to fear 5WR or their passing game. The strength in that team is the OLine, the Defense and the RB. Last year I watched them throw multiple INTs in multiple games. Then I watched them resort back to just giving it to Tre. If I were playing Crest, I would be relieved when they go 5 WR wide.

Y'all crest fans keep sleeping on us. when we hit y'all in the mouth Friday night don't say we didn't tell y'all this teams for real.

Who's the backup QB for SP? I'd have him loose and ready.....and forget the pitch man.
SP 41
Crest 6

Doubtful. Any team that has watched Crest play knows not to fear 5WR or their passing game. The strength in that team is the OLine, the Defense and the RB. Last year I watched them throw multiple INTs in multiple games. Then I watched them resort back to just giving it to Tre. If I were playing Crest, I would be relieved when they go 5 WR wide.
I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Doubt that the Chargers coaching staff is taking this game as lightly as the BullCharger fans are. Crest should be favored. They have a lot of talent back from a very talented team and are playing at home. Having watched the Raiders practice and scrimmage on multiple occasions, I feel good about this Raider squad. Much improved from last year's team. Opening schedule of Crest, Lincolnton, Shelby, and West Charlotte is as tough a start as a team could ask for.

Late Friday night is going to be a lot of fun on these boards. The Crest posters will limp in at various times on Saturday.

I smell fear, and will read cramper bewilderment !!!

Every Friday night you will wear green and gold Seadog!!! Do you have Facebook? I'll friend you...or you can post the pics here. Whatever floats your boat. I bet your wife loves green and gold on you! Your catholic buddies will be ashamed of standing next to you! I almost wish we were playing at lineberger, IF Crest had a chance of possibly losing I'd buy a shirt right then there.

First of all....you're welcome. I'm back. I'm excited about most of what this year will bring for the mighty Red Raiders. As usual, we have some delusionals on here from our side, and some realists which I fall under. A lot of talk about *crest thus far. They are not as good, and SP is better for sUre. The OL/DLs are legit for SP. The best thing about it all is we have some of the best baCKS that have never really been seen on the roster. If the "new" QB/WB/FB .....the ones that can play....get their touches, *crest may have some trouble. The line is gonna open up some nice things no matter who runs it, but if you have the wrong guys with touches a win becomes a loss. The skillset that this "new" trio has is unDeniable.

The downsIde...offense: will all 3 "new" backs play? One couldn't play last year, one had a minimal role and one will have to unseat the de facto starter at FullbaCK...so they're all unprovens to the coaches.
The downside...defense: DL is legit. There are some nice components at DB led by Starr. Quietly one of the best DBs SP has had in the last decade. So the potential issue could be LB. Worried about that. I know if you play all 50 plays on defense you will get in on a tackle or two....but how many bad snaps will this group have? 44 has been a stud. The rest are fugazis til proven different. Harbison b/w the tackles hitting second level scares me....because I get the feeling we have some guys at these spots that will always be the 2nd, 3rd, 4th guy to the tackle/pile, and not the first.

Uh....yeah. When is the last time you saw a SP FB with less than 1600 yards that played the whole season? It ain't the guy, it's the system. Check out the YPC avg. from 99 to present. If we put a guy that is best suited to play there.....it can be about the guy and the system (ala Bray). There are probably 15 kids on the roster that can duplicate 1600, and probably 4-5 that can best that mark easily.

Just like if your favorite player (neal) has 12 touches per game instead of 25...he'll rush and receive for about half the yardage he would've otherwise gotten. SP FBs get a lot of carries. They get a lot of carries near the goalline. They get a lot of carries and have one of the best OL coaches in the state coaching the group in front of them. I thought other teams' fans were past this, and realized we succeed or don't with what's upfront. The key I'm talking about is if we play the right group behind that OL...then you have a chance past the 2nd round of playoffs or tougher teams like *crest and Shelby.

Also- SP has some great split ends that you should be worried about. Word is SP will pass for 25 TDs this year. Better loosen those DBs up a little when SP rolls into town. SP split ends > and tougher than crest DBs.

Ralphy, I think another x factor is the Crest coaching change. Not saying that he is bad, but I will say unproven. Crest has a lot of studs coming back. What else is new? But, in football, coaching and team chemistry are of the utmost importance. Will this coaching change be a good one? We will see, and the first glimpse will be Friday night.

Every Friday night you will wear green and gold Seadog!!! Do you have Facebook? I'll friend you...or you can post the pics here. Whatever floats your boat. I bet your wife loves green and gold on you! Your catholic buddies will be ashamed of standing next to you! I almost wish we were playing at lineberger, IF Crest had a chance of possibly losing I'd buy a shirt right then there.

91, meet us under the scoreboard at halftime. We will trade information and finalize this bet. I'm proud of you for having the balls to make it. Questioning the sanity of it, though. :)

Ralphy, I think another x factor is the Crest coaching change. Not saying that he is bad, but I will say unproven. Crest has a lot of studs coming back. What else is new? But, in football, coaching and team chemistry are of the utmost importance. Will this coaching change be a good one? We will see, and the first glimpse will be Friday night.

True. I tend to look inward at what we have (deficiencies as well as attributes that might help attain a W)....but this new coach should not be overlooked. Hey...maybe he has too much talent and will fumble around with it. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Too many hands out expecting something sometimes creates a riot if nothing gets put in those hands. In this case, an arse-whooping might be handed out to the new coach. In another part of the stadium, another kind of hand occupation will be doled out as the *crest locker room glory hole will have it's first action of the football season as it will be staffed by their supporters.

Agree with some of that. LBs are untested. I hope that group can hold up a little better than on Friday.
The backfield is potentially really nice - and I hope the coaches spread the field in all directions. I highly doubt SP will throw more than 7 times per game, so 20 TDs is possible....but not holding my breath.

2003 team threw 19 TDs with 1 INT which was far and away the best we have seen with the RedBone. 15 with limited INT's would make a huge difference in making a little running room for the backs. I see all of the RB's getting their carries this year. Nice group of runners with none standing out. O line will make them look good. If Muse rises to the occasion at LB to go along with Hall, then I am good with the LB's. D line should be the strength. Corners are the biggest question marks in my mind.

2003 team threw 19 TDsin recent years.with 1 INT which was far and away the best we have seen with the RedBone. 15 with limited INT's would make a huge difference in making a little running room for the backs. I see all of the RB's getting their carries this year. Nice group of runners with none standing out. O line will make them look good. If Muse rises to the occasion at LB to go along with Hall, then I am good with the LB's. D line should be the strength. Corners are the biggest question marks in my mind.

RT, I think they will be fine. Look for one of our better DB units in recent years!

RM99, I agree that it is the system and any decent RB should get yards from the fullback position, but you've got a tested guy with 5.2 per carry. So, if you've got another Troy Leeper, then maybe...

RM99, I agree that it is the system and any decent RB should get yards from the fullback position, but you've got a tested guy with 5.2 per carry. So, if you've got another Troy Leeper, then maybe...

LMAO...yeah...kinda do. Ometrick.............Leeper
But, you never know. Will he get carries or won't he? That is the question.
Maybe RM99 can shed some insight on whether or not he will get those carries? Or are you speculating that IF he does, then X will happen?

Leeper is getting run at both WB and FB. I expect that he will see plenty of carries this year.

Not another Leeper... that kid was a freak of nature. No offense to Bray, Bray might have been just as good for all I know, but Leeper seemed unstoppable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT