ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Schedule Change

I'm 73 and I am still waiting for soccer to overtake football as the big time national sport.....been hearing this tripe since I was a teenager.....at the risk of offending a lot of people...watching soccer in person or on tv is about as exciting as waiting for my clothes dryer to finish it's job............................
Watching my hair grow is more exciting. But I will say this: those athletes are definitely in shape! Way too much non stop running for me lol.

What holiday is it?

Veterans Day. I don’t ever remember this being an issue with playoffs before.
One of the coolest things I've seen before a high school football game was on Veterans Day in a 2nd Rd playoff game in 2011 when Reidsville visited South Granville....myself and another SG poster here on the boards met RamBBQ & TheMule and probably a few other Reidsville guys at a restaurant....but that's not what was so memorable for Veterans Day....it was before the game....one of our booster club leaders then is a retired US Marine and I think he took the lead in arranging this: our PA announcer invited all US military veterans and active duty folks in attendance to walk onto the field and line up along the 50 yard line for the presentation of colors and national anthem....from South Granville, we had maybe 20 folks walk out to the 50 yard line....but I think Reidsville had closer to 100....made us wonder if the whole town served in Korea or Vietnam

Reactions: beamer24 and rambbq
hasn't in the past at Reidsville............
Kinda passes me off that we can have a pretty damn good soccer program, but really don't have the stellar kicking game. We won a couple of championships with a field goal kicker contributing greatly. That's the kinda thing that can beat you in the playoffs (special teams)

One of the coolest things I've seen before a high school football game was on Veterans Day in a 2nd Rd playoff game in 2011 when Reidsville visited South Granville....myself and another SG poster here on the boards met RamBBQ & TheMule and probably a few other Reidsville guys at a restaurant....but that's not what was so memorable for Veterans Day....it was before the game....one of our booster club leaders then is a retired US Marine and I think he took the lead in arranging this: our PA announcer invited all US military veterans and active duty folks in attendance to walk onto the field and line up along the 50 yard line for the presentation of colors and national anthem....from South Granville, we had maybe 20 folks walk out to the 50 yard line....but I think Reidsville had closer to 100....made us wonder if the whole town served in Korea or Vietnam
You met some good guys too! Rambbq and the Mule are good guys. My wife and I stopped by to see Rambbq and his wife not too long ago. Really enjoyed the visit. I don’t understand the guys that get on here just to talk crap and fuss. There are so many good people on here worth meeting. I’ve met you twice and enjoying seeing you both times. More people should do it.

Kinda passes me off that we can have a pretty damn good soccer program, but really don't have the stellar kicking game. We won a couple of championships with a field goal kicker contributing greatly. That's the kinda thing that can beat you in the playoffs (special teams)
I remember losing to Reidsville because we decided to attempt a game winning FG, even though we hadn't attempted a FG or XP all year. Passing and kicking....two things that are foreign to SWE. This current coach (4th year) has brought kicking to the program though. He was the OC at Rocky Mount when they won the state championship a few years ago on a FG as time expired, so he knows the value of fg and xp. We won this year's conference championship with a FG. So for sure, special teams are extremely valuable in the post season.

The artificial precipitation really back fired on that FG attempt by swe.

Clinton got the short straw last year when they played 2a state championship for soccer on Friday night when the football team traveled to east duplin. No way a state Championship game should be played on Friday that deep in football playoffs.

Kickers win games.

The artificial precipitation really back fired on that FG attempt by swe.
Never seen sore winners until after that Reidsville game. Someone actually hung with them, and they can't get over it. It's been 14 years, and y'all are still whining about a wet field. How dare y'all lose by only 2! We must have done something to cheat lol. Nevermind all the rain leading up to game day. The rain wasn't wet. Oh no. WE did it.
I can only imagine what's being said about East Duplin and the Kenan Stadium crew.

I remember losing to Reidsville because we decided to attempt a game winning FG, even though we hadn't attempted a FG or XP all year. Passing and kicking....two things that are foreign to SWE. This current coach (4th year) has brought kicking to the program though. He was the OC at Rocky Mount when they won the state championship a few years ago on a FG as time expired, so he knows the value of fg and xp. We won this year's conference championship with a FG. So for sure, special teams are extremely valuable in the post season.
I think your kicker has a range of 40 yards with a good hold.

Never seen sore winners until after that Reidsville game. Someone actually hung with them, and they can't get over it. It's been 14 years, and y'all are still whining about a wet field. How dare y'all lose by only 2! We must have done something to cheat lol. Nevermind all the rain leading up to game day. The rain wasn't wet. Oh no. WE did it.
I can only imagine what's being said about East Duplin and the Kenan Stadium crew.

That was an amazing game. One of the rare games I wish I could go back and watch again. That game was for the state championship that day

That was an amazing game. One of the rare games I wish I could go back and watch again. That game was for the state championship that day
You forget many of us was there 4 hours early and saw the field be watered down. There was no rain that day. You can believe what you want but I was there in person so nothing you say will ever change the truth. But good try.

You forget many of us was there 4 hours early and saw the field be watered down. There was no rain that day. You can believe what you want but I was there in person so nothing you say will ever change the truth. But good try.
How was the field being watered?

How was the field being watered?
I’m pretty sure was some type of sprinkler system. I remember looking from up top around 3:45-4pm that day and saw water spraying all over the field. I didn’t say anything on here at the time because I was not a member here. But I looked on here a lot and by 6pm way before kickoff it had been posted on here about them watering the field. I also called my God father about it before kickoff and was on phone with him when they tried kicking the fg and Lyshod Graves cut their big back and fell short of the goaline. I said to him. Them watering the field kept it close but in the end cost them the game because they couldn’t handle a snap .

I’m pretty sure was some type of sprinkler system. I remember looking from up top around 3:45-4pm that day and saw water spraying all over the field. I didn’t say anything on here at the time because I was not a member here. But I looked on here a lot and by 6pm way before kickoff it had been posted on here about them watering the field. I also called my God father about it before kickoff and was on phone with him when they tried kicking the fg and Lyshod Graves cut their big back and fell short of the goaline. I said to him. Them watering the field kept it close but in the end cost them the game because they couldn’t handle a snap .
There is no sprinkler system on that field. And only one water hook up at the concession stand. So you would have litterly had to walk over hundreds of yards of water hoses to "go to the top", which I assume you're talking about up the hill where the baseball field is. Hundreds of yards of water hoses. You could not, not have noticed that. Plz explain further.

There is no sprinkler system on that field. And only one water hook up at the concession stand. So you would have litterly had to walk over hundreds of yards of water hoses to "go to the top", which I assume you're talking about up the hill where the baseball field is. Hundreds of yards of water hoses.
I never said it was a system . All it takes is a hose into a sprinkler with a splitter. Not that hard. Any moron could do it. And they did. It’s not speculation. You all can believe what you want but you weren’t there while it was happening as many of us were. I even think it was in the paper the next day or some article.

Idk about the watering the field. But that field was definitely toast.
I was 18 and had a flip phone. If I had a camera of any kind I swear I would be posting it. Too many people saw it to deny it. But like I said. People can believe what they want. Unless they were there they won’t really know but only speculate.

I never said it was a system . All it takes is a hose into a sprinkler with a splitter. Not that hard. Any moron could do it. And they did. It’s not speculation. You all can believe what you want but you weren’t there while it was happening as many of us were. I even think it was in the paper the next day or some article.
You absolutely did say it was a system. At any rate, nobody saw the hundreds of yards of water hoses, or since y'all were there, nobody saw staff removing these water hoses and sprinklers, that would have taken over an hour to remove. Also, imagine the water pressure it would have taken to run such a system. You didn't mention anything about hearing anything. Such a gas motors running pumps. Can you remember any other details? I want to get to the bottom of this next time is see Coach Cobb, and need all the details, to refresh his memory if needed.

Helium inflated ball. Y'all called timeout and that allowed for a ball change..
Mercy man don’t do me like that!! 🤣🤣🤣
I asked one of your coaches in the press box if he was able to kick a field goal and our assistant coach in the press box spoke up and yes he has the leg. The SWE coach was nodding in agreement. I try not to stand there and wish the kid would miss cause dang that is hell on a young fella to have to do that. You miss you feel like you let your whole team down. Nothing nobody can say will change that. Half the stadium is cheering and laughing. I just wanted it to go to overtime. We got what we wanted. We said all week that we wanted a good close game and we certainly got it. We get you at home next year!

Reactions: CrazyHeel
I was 18 and had a flip phone. If I had a camera of any kind I swear I would be posting it. Too many people saw it to deny it. But like I said. People can believe what they want. Unless they were there they won’t really know but only speculate.

Yeah, I'm not saying I don't believe you. I do know the field was in terrible shape though

Idk about the watering the field. But that field was definitely toast.
It rained all week here. The field is in a valley and every drop of run off goes to the field. And the field backs up to Coakey Swamp. That field is wet in August. Go take a knee on it, and your pants knee will come up wet.

Mercy man don’t do me like that!! 🤣🤣🤣
I asked one of your coaches in the press box if he was able to kick a field goal and our assistant coach in the press box spoke up and yes he has the leg. The SWE coach was nodding in agreement. I try not to stand there and wish the kid would miss cause dang that is hell on a young fella to have to do that. You miss you feel like you let your whole team down. Nothing nobody can say will change that. Half the stadium is cheering and laughing. I just wanted it to go to overtime. We got what we wanted. We said all week that we wanted a good close game and we certainly got it. We get you at home next year!
You didn't think they would really tell you what was going down, did ya?

You absolutely did say it was a system. At any rate, nobody saw the hundreds of yards of water hoses, or since y'all were there, nobody saw staff removing these water hoses and sprinklers, that would have taken over an hour to remove. Also, imagine the water pressure it would have taken to run such a system. You didn't mention anything about hearing anything. Such a gas motors running pumps. Can you remember any other details? I want to get to the bottom of this next time is see Coach Cobb, and need all the details, to refresh his memory if needed.
It was 15 years ago lol you thinking way too hard into this. I would assume at some point they had to water the grass? So you’re saying they never had to water the grass if you say it’s impossible to do these other things. But yes I do remember hoses being out on away side. When I got in stadium around 6:30 they were gone. I did not see if they were hooked to a sprinkler or not because I wasn’t but so close at that time. I remember like 80 percent of that entire day but at the time no reason to think SWE was cheating. Which it’s their field they can do what they want. So I don’t even call it cheating. Home field for a reason right.

Ok I did say it was a system but even in my own head I didn’t mean like underground system. I mean like I would do at my house. Just hoses with a 12 v pump and couple sprinklers. See i had no idea then but I would later start doing this stuff for a living

It was 15 years ago lol you thinking way too hard into this. I would assume at some point they had to water the grass? So you’re saying they never had to water the grass if you say it’s impossible to do these other things. But yes I do remember hoses being out on away side. When I got in stadium around 6:30 they were gone. I did not see if they were hooked to a sprinkler or not because I wasn’t but so close at that time. I remember like 80 percent of that entire day but at the time no reason to think SWE was cheating. Which it’s their field they can do what they want. So I don’t even call it cheating. Home field for a reason right.
Fact is no. SWE doesn't water that field. They don't have to. An inch of rain equals at least 4 on that field. You didn't see sprinklers because there were none. You remember seeing water hoses, so, could it be SWE was pumping standing water off the field, and walking areas around the visitors side? Because there is a sump hole on both sides near the end where the score board is.. With electrical outlets on the closest pole. That's what y'all saw, by the way. SWE being excellent hosts, as the school has always taken pride in.

Ok I did say it was a system but even in my own head I didn’t mean like underground system. I mean like I would do at my house. Just hoses with a 12 v pump and couple sprinklers. See i had no idea then but I would later start doing this stuff for a living
Problem with this whole theory is, there is no water hook ups down there.

You people make me repeat the same argument continuously. You make look like the Shelby triumvirant.

The prior week after days of rain swe played on Saturday. I was at that game. The only slop on the field was perhaps the last three yards along the sideline. Fast forward to the following Friday. It only rained an inch or so on Thursday according to weather.com. I went back and looked the following day. The field was slop across the entire surface. Unless that field holds the same rain for months, there is no way that field had less water for the reidsville game than the week prior.

Give them props, Graves was our biggest speed threat and he was completely taken out of the game. On a dry field, we defeat swe by 2-3 scores. This game was also on Black Friday. It wasn’t even the semi final game. To say this was the state championship game is a stretch.

Again, more rain the week before and better field conditions. I’m tired of beating this dead horse.

Last edited:
Reactions: FACT24
Fact is no. SWE doesn't water that field. They don't have to. An inch of rain equals at least 4 on that field. You didn't see sprinklers because there were none. You remember seeing water hoses, so, could it be SWE was pumping standing water off the field, and walking areas around the visitors side? Because there is a sump hole on both sides near the end where the score board is.. With electrical outlets on the closest pole. That's what y'all saw, by the way. SWE being excellent hosts, as the school has always taken pride in.
The hoses were where the players and coaches would have been standing. Not the fans. Whatever clown. You weren’t there. Ain’t going to keep wasting my time on dishonest or uneducated people. lying is one of the 10 commandments. So I don’t speak of what I don’t know of. If you want to be an excellent so called host, take care of your field. Get a drainage put in. Y’all don’t care so you don’t.

You people make me repeat the same argument continuously. You make look like the Shelby triumphant.

The prior week after days of rain swe played on Saturday. I was at that game. The only slop on the field was perhaps the last three yards along the sideline. Fast forward to the following Friday. It only rained an inch or so on Thursday according to weather.com. I went back and looked the following day. The field was slop across the entire surface. Unless that field holds the same rain for months, there is no way that field had less water for the reidsville game than the week prior.

Give them props, Graves was our biggest speed threat and he was completely taken out of the game. On a dry field, we defeat swe by 2-3 scores. This game was also on Black Friday. It wasn’t even the semi final game. To say this was the state championship game is a stretch.

Again, more rain the week before and better field conditions. I’m tired of beating this dead horse.
They just don’t want to look bad. But we know the truth. All that matters

Yea there is. The end zones in the corners look to be the lowest and will hold water. A couple of years ago the end zones were the only place where water would still squish up under your feet. If you look over at the baseball field it looks to be 15’ or more higher than the football field. The field was in great shape this year for our game. We haven’t had much rain here in the East.

You people make me repeat the same argument continuously. You make look like the Shelby triumphant.

You just proved me right. That would equal about 4 inches of rain on that field. The water table here isn't but about a foot down. Look at the school on Google Earth. It's all down hill from the swamp and the school, to that field. The county can't afford to put the drainage it needs. Hell, the roof has leaked since the school was built.

The hoses were where the players and coaches would have been standing. Not the fans. Whatever clown. You weren’t there. Ain’t going to keep wasting my time on dishonest or uneducated people. lying is one of the 10 commandments. So I don’t speak of what I don’t know of. If you want to be an excellent so called host, take care of your field. Get a drainage put in. Y’all don’t care so you don’t.
I was there.. But what y'all are saying doesn't stand up to the scrutiny of what is possible to do on that field. It's changed from "I was there 3 hours early and saw a sprinkler system", which there is none. And nobody saw anybody hustle this monsoon of sprinklers off the field. To "I saw some hoses where the players and Coaches where" You mean the side lines? So....we're gonna make the field slop, and leave the evidence on the visiting teams sidelines. Geez pa leeze.

You people make me repeat the same argument continuously. You make look like the Shelby triumvirant.

I agree with us winning by 2 or 3 scores on a dry field m. But think swe would beat that kinston team (they already did) . And think they would’ve beaten that newton team.

Telling folks that live across the street from the school (me) and less than a mile from the school (Heel) what the weather was like here that week is crazy. Trust what you saw in the forecast instead. The weatherman is never wrong. I guess we weren't here. Guess I couldn't have possibly been around early in the day, even though it's literally a 3 minute walk to the field for me. I know where every loose fence post is and could sneak into every game if I wanted to. Maybe I have sneaked in a few lol. Even volunteered my time with pregame prep for a few years. But, they saw something that someone who has missed only 4 home and away games since 1998 did not. They know more about the field than I do. Sounds about right. Saying "on a dry field, we would have beaten them by...." just let's me know further that they feel some type of way about being in a close game. The audacity of someone ALMOST beating them....

I agree with us winning by 2 or 3 scores on a dry field m. But think swe would beat that kinston team (they already did) . And think they would’ve beaten that newton team.
I say it's still a tight game. But the real shame for us is the one year we've finally got a squad to break through and get to the championship game Reidsville is put in the eastern bracket.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Telling folks that live across the street from the school (me) and less than a mile from the school (Heel) what the weather was like here that week is crazy. Trust what you saw in the forecast instead. The weatherman is never wrong. I guess we weren't here. Guess I couldn't have possibly been around early in the day, even though it's literally a 3 minute walk to the field for me. I know where every loose fence post is and could sneak into every game if I wanted to. Maybe I have sneaked in a few lol. Even volunteered my time with pregame prep for a few years. But, they saw something that someone who has missed only 4 home and away games since 1998 did not. They know more about the field than I do. Sounds about right. Saying "on a dry field, we would have beaten them by...." just let's me know further that they feel some type of way about being in a close game. The audacity of someone ALMOST beating them....
You are retarded. We have lost many games over the years. I am the one that comes out and says we sucked it up. Look back at my post over the years. I am consistent with everything I have said. But y’all enjoy y’all selves and y’all terrible field and terrible weather people and terrible drain system. Il be glad to meet y’all in person if you ever meet us in playoffs again. That game would have been 4 TD victory at the very least and everyone knows it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT