ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Who wins?

• Draughn

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 32 43.2%

• Total voters
They will blaze Thomasville at Thomasville...I will say by 2 tds. Thomasville has a few players back..but strugglin with Forbush earlier in the season...still isn't sitting right with me. Good luck to both teams.
Thomasville will likely pull it out they have won championships Draughn has not, it will be an Interesting game for sure

They will blaze Thomasville at Thomasville...I will say by 2 tds. Thomasville has a few players back..but strugglin with Forbush earlier in the season...still isn't sitting right with me. Good luck to both teams.
I just don't think they'll do right if those guys are not open right away. They don't have a deep passing game unless the running backs throw into the quarterback. That was pretty wild. They won't get open against people that are up in their faces. I don't think they're running on Thomasville Mount airy or Andrews. They're not physical like Mount heritage was.

You guys have taken a hit. I was surprised that Mitchell did not keep running the ball and tried to throw. But you're right not the same team. Draughn is a little bit better than last year. Although they only game I saw was against Mount airy and that was on a Saturday and either team knew much about each other. They don't look much better this year. Mitchell did not have the guys to match up with them outside. Running back is good. Best player on that team by far. But they ain't beating Eastern Randolph next week. And Andrews will smoke them you guys are crazy. He'll run for his life but he won't get out of the pocket. If they beat Eastern don't they have to play the winner of Mount airy and haysville? Which I'm assuming is probably going to be Mount airy. They got about seven or eight guys that is good if not better athletes and football players then the running back. However you got to play the game. It's impressive they've made that big of a turnaround. I just don't see them beating Eastern Randolph Andrews Thomasville or Mount airy.
They have to play Thomasville this week. Robbinsville plays ER

Like I mentioned before after watching the Thomasville - Swain game I believe Draughn will beat them but don't know about Andrews. Someone said tonight that Andrews #7 was hurt only played in the 1st quarter last night has anyone heard anything because that does make a difference.
No sir. #5 is the one who got hurt. Pretty sure he stayed out just for precautionary reasons. Should be good to go

I think Mt.Airy, Draughn, Andrews, would easily put more than 21 on Swains defense..in good or bad weather..You guys will see. I'm not hating on Thomasville at all..but just not overly as impressed as others are.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Fair to say...im comparing this era of Thomasville teams to the ones that had the likes of Quan Warley, Brandon Setzer, EJ Abrams-Ward, the Williams kid (RB)..i guess it's not fair..to compare them to the teams of the early to mid 2000's.

I didn't hear a peep out of you last year when my kid and his buddies rolled the clock, so how about good season Mountaineers good job, maybe then we would pull for you down the line, my son had his longest touchdown of his career against Draughn I think 91 yds, but I ain't bragging we are in the same conference now show some respect

I get your point and I’m not speaking for anyone but that loss changed them as a team. The winning culture carried over to basketball and Draughn won the conference by sweeping Mitchell and MH if I’m not mistaken. I feel like they really got better over the summer and proved a point this fall in conference. Mitchell will be be back I just don’t know if they’ll match up with draughn next fall because they have all of their players coming back on offense. Best of luck to everyone up the mountain

I think Mt.Airy, Draughn, Andrews, would easily put more than 21 on Swains defense..in good or bad weather..You guys will see. I'm not hating on Thomasville at all..but just not overly as impressed as others are.
We beat forbush easily and had 5 touch downs called back. Bulldog defense only allows 8.6 points per game

Thomasville will matchup with Draughns athletic prowess this week. They will pressure the QB and make him run with the ball. #24 and #11 at LB for the Dogs fly around and make lots of tackles. The DB's cover well and limit big plays. I think it will be a close game won upfront between two good O/D lines and who runs the ball the best.

The WHC was overall a weak league this year so the opponents winning percentage killed them in the playoff seeding. They have to travel to Thomasville first for a game with the 11-1 Bulldogs. I see lots of talk about Andrews-Draughn but both Andrews and Draughn have very tough games this coming week.
Draughn will beat thomasville by a lot

Really???
Thought you said earlier today Robbinsville going to do that???
How ER going to lose twice in same year in playoffs??!
Yeah I forgot nevermind Black Knights will put away ER lol Draughn wont have to worry with them how in the name of God ER is 1at in the west I would have picked at least 3 smc teams but oh well it will be over fri lmao

Reactions: KW23 and 97Cougar
Yeah I forgot nevermind Black Knights will put away ER lol Draughn wont have to worry with them how in the name of God ER is 1at in the west I would have picked at least 3 smc teams but oh well it will be over fri lmao
I think it’s because of the schedule they play honestly. Two top ten in east 3A, Walkertown who I believe was in top ten 2A west? And two 2A teams in conference that made playoffs. Also as I mentioned first 1A team they played was MH.
Oh yeah and they won all those except Eastern Alamance game.
And as I noted on ER thread for next week you picked MH to beat ER last week then downgrade Eastern because the score wasn’t a blowout? Can’t have it both ways but keep stirring so nothing sticks 😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I believe that kid was about 200 lb last year He's about 2:15 this year. And a whole lot stronger. But I'm glad it elicited such a strong response in you. Cause he'll be around the same time your boys are around and I believe those guys start 17 juniors. Oh my.

Reactions: 97Cougar
I think it’s because of the schedule they play honestly. Two top ten in east 3A, Walkertown who I believe was in top ten 2A west? And two 2A teams in conference that made playoffs. Also as I mentioned first 1A team they played was MH.
And as I noted on ER thread for next week you picked MH to beat ER last week then downgrade Eastern because the score wasn’t a blowout? Can’t have it both ways but keep stirring so nothing sticks 😂
ER barely beat a bunch of sophomores from Heritage there season ends fri sorry, sad but true

Reactions: KW23 and 97Cougar
Purple95 follows pretty close with the 1a teams. He picked heritage and if you take a away some of the self imposed issues heritage had who knows. But he’s not stirring necessarily he’s just stating his opinion.

Reactions: Purple1995
Purple95 follows pretty close with the 1a teams. He picked heritage and if you take a away some of the self imposed issues heritage had who knows. But he’s not stirring necessarily he’s just stating his opinion.
Oh I don’t dislike him at all. I just calling him out a little bit for saying MH was going to win (which is his opinion and is fine) then when game didn’t turn out that way saying MH never had a chance because they were young?
The logic makes no sense to me. MH played hard and will continue to improve as team ages. Eastern Randolph won the game. Think that’s all that matters in the end.

Oh I don’t dislike him at all. I just calling him out a little bit for saying MH was going to win (which is his opinion and is fine) then when game didn’t turn out that way saying MH never had a chance because they were young?
The logic makes no sense to me. MH played hard and will continue to improve as team ages. Eastern Randolph won the game. Think that’s all that matters in the end.
Absolutely heritage in my opinion is one more full season away. When this sophomore group are seniors and then you add in this 8th grade and freshman group they will be a tough out in 1a.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT