ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Who wins?

• Draughn

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 32 43.2%

• Total voters
#2 sacked again. Draughn is manhandling this line. End of 3rd Draughn 28 - Mitchell-10
Except for the run in the middle I don't know why they went away from it same thing happened in the first. If he's going to pass it needs to be quick throws in the middle Draughn to fast for things like bubble screens.

Congratulations to Draughn. Mitchell just could not stop the Draughn offense. No excuses from me. I know there will be several that will claim this or that, but Mitchell just had too many mistakes. Gonna give credit to the Draughn line.

Proud of the Mitchell seniors. Hey have had a heck of a career.

More thoughts possibly later. Glad the weather held off. Time to sign off for the night and prepare to get home.

Go Mountaineers

Good game Mitchell. I’m done with this thread. 0-2 vs draughn this fall. No excuses. #imOuT
I didn't hear a peep out of you last year when my kid and his buddies rolled the clock, so how about good season Mountaineers good job, maybe then we would pull for you down the line, my son had his longest touchdown of his career against Draughn I think 91 yds, but I ain't bragging we are in the same conference now show some respect

I would have put ALL my money on Mitchell this year to get back to the Championship..I kept waiting for them to get better..They didn't get better.
Missing 2 really good linebackers and best overall lineman. Ty being hurt all year was deflating. He really got beat up last year never got 💯. Draughn is really good. They’re going to be a tough out. It’s interesting they have to go to thomasville and finished 1st in whc lost 1 game to a 4 a team.

I didn't hear a peep out of you last year when my kid and his buddies rolled the clock, so how about good season Mountaineers good job, maybe then we would pull for you down the line, my son had his longest touchdown of his career against Draughn I think 91 yds, but I ain't bragging we are in the same conference now show some respect
I was hoping for a Mitchell vs Mount Airy rematch this year ! I hate y'all lost in that cow pasture tonight. Radio announcers are very comical. LOL

It’ll be hard for the Andrew’s secondary to compete.
I haven't saw draughn play but Andrews is pretty stacked in the secondary. I know people will argue but the two corners are lock down corners. Not to mention the best fs in 1A. If the numbers people have been saying on here are right and they had 26 INT going into the playoffs, they have 30 now. That's pretty good numbers!!

I haven't saw draughn play but Andrews is pretty stacked in the secondary. I know people will argue but the two corners are lock down corners. Not to mention the best fs in 1A. If the numbers people have been saying on here are right and they had 26 INT going into the playoffs, they have 30 now. That's pretty good numbers!!
It's a fun matchup to think about but Andrews has a tough in conference battle to get there.

You guys have taken a hit. I was surprised that Mitchell did not keep running the ball and tried to throw. But you're right not the same team. Draughn is a little bit better than last year. Although they only game I saw was against Mount airy and that was on a Saturday and either team knew much about each other. They don't look much better this year. Mitchell did not have the guys to match up with them outside. Running back is good. Best player on that team by far. But they ain't beating Eastern Randolph next week. And Andrews will smoke them you guys are crazy. He'll run for his life but he won't get out of the pocket. If they beat Eastern don't they have to play the winner of Mount airy and haysville? Which I'm assuming is probably going to be Mount airy. They got about seven or eight guys that is good if not better athletes and football players then the running back. However you got to play the game. It's impressive they've made that big of a turnaround. I just don't see them beating Eastern Randolph Andrews Thomasville or Mount airy.

Like I mentioned before after watching the Thomasville - Swain game I believe Draughn will beat them but don't know about Andrews. Someone said tonight that Andrews #7 was hurt only played in the 1st quarter last night has anyone heard anything because that does make a difference.

Talked to a Draughn asst coach don't know his name but very nice guy. We talked about the field he's someone who'd love to have turff but said it's hard in a county of four schools if you get a grant for one to have turff then you have to get it for all.
He also didn't like that two conference teams had to play each other in the second round.

Last edited:
Missing 2 really good linebackers and best overall lineman. Ty being hurt all year was deflating. He really got beat up last year never got 💯. Draughn is really good. They’re going to be a tough out. It’s interesting they have to go to thomasville and finished 1st in whc lost 1 game to a 4 a team.
The WHC was overall a weak league this year so the opponents winning percentage killed them in the playoff seeding. They have to travel to Thomasville first for a game with the 11-1 Bulldogs. I see lots of talk about Andrews-Draughn but both Andrews and Draughn have very tough games this coming week.

They will blaze Thomasville at Thomasville...I will say by 2 tds. Thomasville has a few players back..but strugglin with Forbush earlier in the season...still isn't sitting right with me. Good luck to both teams.

The WHC was overall a weak league this year so the opponents winning percentage killed them in the playoff seeding. They have to travel to Thomasville first for a game with the 11-1 Bulldogs. I see lots of talk about Andrews-Draughn but both Andrews and Draughn have very tough games this coming week.
Andrew's has no worries they are best in the west

You guys have taken a hit. I was surprised that Mitchell did not keep running the ball and tried to throw. But you're right not the same team. Draughn is a little bit better than last year. Although they only game I saw was against Mount airy and that was on a Saturday and either team knew much about each other. They don't look much better this year. Mitchell did not have the guys to match up with them outside. Running back is good. Best player on that team by far. But they ain't beating Eastern Randolph next week. And Andrews will smoke them you guys are crazy. He'll run for his life but he won't get out of the pocket. If they beat Eastern don't they have to play the winner of Mount airy and haysville? Which I'm assuming is probably going to be Mount airy. They got about seven or eight guys that is good if not better athletes and football players then the running back. However you got to play the game. It's impressive they've made that big of a turnaround. I just don't see them beating Eastern Randolph Andrews Thomasville or Mount airy.
Draughn will kill ER Heritage should have the rest is up in the air

Reactions: 97Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT