ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Who wins?

• Draughn

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 32 43.2%

• Total voters
Oh I don’t dislike him at all. I just calling him out a little bit for saying MH was going to win (which is his opinion and is fine) then when game didn’t turn out that way saying MH never had a chance because they were young?
The logic makes no sense to me. MH played hard and will continue to improve as team ages. Eastern Randolph won the game. Think that’s all that matters in the end.
A 1 seed should run the clock on a 20 something seed is all I'm saying I dont think ER is a 1 seed 3rd round usually shows that

Reactions: 97Cougar
A 1 seed should run the clock on a 20 something seed is all I'm saying I dont think ER is a 1 seed 3rd round usually shows that
Why? What is everyone’s fascination with running clocks? Man check out post on Robbinsville/ER thread. Game was spent almost entirely on running game for both teams. Clock kept running and possessions were limited. You might not think ER is a one seed, and you are entitled to that opinion, however the fact is they are. Good night Purple. I have to go to bed now. Thanks for the exchange.

Why? What is everyone’s fascination with running clocks? Man check out post on Robbinsville/ER thread. Game was spent almost entirely on running game for both teams. Clock kept running and possessions were limited. You might not think ER is a one seed, and you are entitled to that opinion, however the fact is they are. Good night Purple. I have to go to bed now. Thanks for the exchange.
Shows strength and Er's inability to do so showed they are not as strong as you think I honestly think SMC represents the west I just dont know which team yet

Reactions: 97Cougar
I could actually see draughn beating Andrews but not mount airy.
Well Mitchell showed they could move the ball on Draughn but made between penalties , over head snap , some questionable play calling etc they shot themselves in the foot they should have scored two more TD's ( not including the one called back after a dead ball foul which is the dumbest call I've ever seen). But they couldn't stop Draughn so while Draughn might beat Andrews if they play it should be a good game but I think Andrews can move the ball on them as well but I believe Andrews has a better defense than Mitchell.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio tarheels
Did you see any team in the state change to Saturday night? BC alot did during regular season. Why not this weekend veterans day.
Three I know of is 1A East Washington county @ West Columbus.
4A Grimsley @ Charlotte Catholic
4A Northwest Guilford @ Watauga

Mitchell -Draughn would have been if Draughn had agreed to it.

Last edited:
I understand why you would say that but.. from an outsiders perspective, Tarboro should beat any team in 1A by 14+ if not more. Mt Airy or Andrews would probably give you the best game.
Here in Tarboro we try not to look ahead. We take it one week at a time. Granted I'd love to play Andrews think it would be a great matchup, along with Mount airy as well

Here in Tarboro we try not to look ahead. We take it one week at a time. Granted I'd love to play Andrews think it would be a great matchup, along with Mount airy as well
This is Andrews philosophy also. The team and staff focus on the game at hand which will be Murphy. It’s hard to beat a good team twice so they know they will have to work hard at practice and clean up some things

This is Andrews philosophy also. The team and staff focus on the game at hand which will be Murphy. It’s hard to beat a good team twice so they know they will have to work hard at practice and clean up some things
It's a smart philosophy to have. Also the mentality of the Draughn coaches and players (despite sometimes the fans getting excited and looking ahead). I think any successful team has to be like this. 1 week at a time, 1 opponent at a time.

It's a smart philosophy to have. Also the mentality of the Draughn coaches and players (despite sometimes the fans getting excited and looking ahead). I think any successful team has to be like this. 1 week at a time, 1 opponent at a time.
It's definitely a smart mentality to have. The term "any given Sunday" applies to high school football to lol.

I'm assuming that's the only superman he did and if so he didn't do it over a Mitchell player.
If he did it over a player that would have been taunting but as is should have be called for an unsportsmanlike under high school rules a QB for West Mecklenburg years old in a playoff game was ejected (which seemed a little extreme) for doing the same thing.

Nothing wrong with that he was just excited
Well there are acts that we might not feel personally that should be called unsportsmanlike but under the NCHSAA rules that qualifies and 9 out 10 times it will be called so I'm just saying as a coach I'd make sure he knows not to do it again or next time you'll probably get a ref who calls it. If they get in a close game could be costly so why take the chance?
Like I mentioned before serval years ago a QB was ejected from a playoff game for doing the exact same thing. In high school football you can't do anything after scoring points to yourself , you might not like it but it is what it is.

I know you shouldn't compare scores and games but I got bored today I take back my earlier post of Bulldogs by 14, I mean no disrespect to Thomasville posters and players and I may be wrong but I see Draughn absolutely blowing the Bulldogs out Draughn by 28 and I hope I'm wrong I hope it's a barnburner that comes down to the last posession just my opinion

Reactions: Mhsneer
Tell ya one thing I sat in front of some football moms at the game.. Football moms are scary 😂
I hope they know I was kidding and I said it Love a little fear but love😂
There was a great response to my comment on Mitchell Mountaineer Football Facebook but for some reason it won't like me patse the link.

Last edited:
I hope they know I was kidding and I said it Love a little fear but love😂
There was a great response to my comment on Mitchell Mountaineer Football Facebook but for some reason it won't like me patse the link.
I can tell you it was probably Anna Gardner their biggest fan she is loud and proud never misses a game wish we had 300 more just like her lol

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
W
I can tell you it was probably Anna Gardner their biggest fan she is loud and proud never misses a game wish we had 300 more just like her lol
Well the response was by Jennifer Pittman glad she got a laugh from it and glad it was taken in the light hearted way it was given. But they tickled me to death.

Reactions: Purple1995
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT