ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps 2a rankings after week 3

I've learned at least one irrefutable fact over the years reading these forums

If any of them dont have Clinton ranked number 1 then in Wiz's eyes they are worthless, but the moment they become number 1 (rightfully so at this moment) then he emerges from the shadows and completely agrees and begins to chat it up again, cause "he aint skeered"

I love to see it, the boards need Wiz lol
come out of the shadows with 17,031 posts. I haven't gone anywhere. Clinton hasn't been ranked #1 in over 20 years. Yes it's a big thing; but don't think for 1 moment they haven't had some mighty good teams. Ask East Duplin who won the state championship last year.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Whiteville is nothing. Clinton rolls All over them. If they don’t then the hype of Clinton will go away. People been saying Whiteville for past few years and nothing has come of it.
Whiteville is a very good team. They like Clinton, a small city school has always had athletes in multiple sports. On of the best high school teams I ever saw was the 1987 State championship team at Whiteville with Chester McClockin. They had 7 division 1 signees on that team.

No, you take them as they come. After 5 games, Clinton will have played 3 teams in the preseason top 10; the second half of the season isn't as competitive. I don't know the schedule of the western teams, but I suppose if some undefeated team makes a run against some quality competition that could change. As long as you win with quality win, I don't think you would go lower in the polls.
This is an important comment, and will provide you some insight.

you just mad cause yall over hyped aint won a state championship little man tell your team stop sizing the rings before they get there maybe that will
I say this with all due respect, Shelby is probably the most dangerous 0-3 team in the state. They definitely have the most difficult schedule in 2A football.
maybe yall and wallace rose hill both had difficult schedules

Let me go get you some crayons and coloring books so you can stay out of grown people business. Please dont color outside of the lines this time and stop eating the crayons lil girl.
you’re a angry little guy aka non factor your insults are like childs play, now go lick the lint out of the belly buttons like you’ve been doing

Hey 24 where did you see a game of theirs posted? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find anything but a minute of highlights. Could you please post the link, I would like to see some kind of game film before the Clinton game of them.
I don’t have a link for any film. They do a good job of hiding it. I saw them play a Brunswick school last year. Whiteville won but little defense was played. So when it came playoff time I didn’t see them going the distance. Then they had no offense and no defense against ED. I can’t say much because my rams lost to them the next week but at least it was a nail biter . They do have few good athletes

you’re a angry little guy aka non factor your insults are like childs play, now go lick the lint out of the belly buttons like you’ve been doing
You are the corniest dude on ncpreps and that’s saying a lot. Even worst you really don’t know how dumb you are. That’s why I haven’t really responded to you directly. Your IQ too low. You ride other people coattails. The only people who call men little guys on posts are short guys projecting, broke guys projecting, and fat guys. You’re like a little kid screaming for attention. You probably wet the bed every night lol. Daddy can’t change your pamper for you right now. Let’s stop hijacking someone else thread. Some of us have to work for a living.

I like Cal Prep and other sources that are honest with their opinions; that’s really what it’s all about if one’s being honest. Check out CalOreps if you want to look at computers, I don’t know about their polls but their game predictions are pretty much on target
[2023] Clinton (NC) 31 (65%), [2023] Shelby (NC) 24 (35%)

One score game. This is why Shelby is ranked high.

You are the corniest dude on ncpreps and that’s saying a lot. Even worst you really don’t know how dumb you are. That’s why I haven’t really responded to you directly. Your IQ too low. You ride other people coattails. The only people who call men little guys on posts are short guys projecting, broke guys projecting, and fat guys. You’re like a little kid screaming for attention. You probably wet the bed every night lol. Daddy can’t change your pamper for you right now. Let’s stop hijacking someone else thread. Some of us have to work for a living.
you was looking for attention now you got it loser and the only one broke is you 😂 i have one the highest prediction rates on here mr high iq number one defense since 2000 Baltimore ravens you’re a old grumpy old man that just got some money i been making money that’s the difference so you cant talk no money with me 😂

you was looking for attention now you got it loser and the only one broke is you 😂 i have one the highest prediction rates on here mr high iq number one defense since 2000 Baltimore ravens you’re a old grumpy old man that just got some money i been making money that’s the difference so you cant talk no money with me 😂
This entire conversation went left

I don’t have a link for any film. They do a good job of hiding it. I saw them play a Brunswick school last year. Whiteville won but little defense was played. So when it came playoff time I didn’t see them going the distance. Then they had no offense and no defense against ED. I can’t say much because my rams lost to them the next week but at least it was a nail biter . They do have few good athletes
I guess we’ll find out if they are legit in a couple days.

Reactions: FACT24
I've learned at least one irrefutable fact over the years reading these forums

If any of them dont have Clinton ranked number 1 then in Wiz's eyes they are worthless, but the moment they become number 1 (rightfully so at this moment) then he emerges from the shadows and completely agrees and begins to chat it up again, cause "he aint skeered"

I love to see it, the boards need Wiz lol

You know I love to give it to Wiz, but Clinton has a SQWAD this year.

come out of the shadows with 17,031 posts. I haven't gone anywhere. Clinton hasn't been ranked #1 in over 20 years. Yes it's a big thing; but don't think for 1 moment they haven't had some mighty good teams. Ask East Duplin who won the state championship last year.
Why aren't they in the ECC anymore? IMO East Duplin should be ranked #1 because they are still undefeated. Until you lose, you should be #1 no matter who you play. Who agrees?

Last edited:
Why aren't they in the ECC anymore? IMO East Duplin should be ranked #1 because they are still undefeated. Until you lose, you should be #1 no matter who you play. Who agrees?
Realignment is why clinton not in ecc anymore. You ask this same question on another poster. Are u trying to stir the pot? I don't know if u know this or not but this question always got heated between the duplin schools n clinton because they said it was because of this or that or whatever reason they give why my horses not in ecc anymore but u won't get it from me.

Yep. ED kinda being overlooked but by playoff time I like our chances against any of them.

Realignment is why clinton not in ecc anymore. You ask this same question on another poster. Are u trying to stir the pot? I don't know if u know this or not but this question always got heated between the duplin schools n clinton because they said it was because of this or that or whatever reason they give why my horses not in ecc anymore but u won't get it from me.
Not trying to stir the pot. I just didnt know.

I disagree. Rankings deal with projections, competition and how a team faired against competition. That's like punishing Mallard Creek for losing to a top 5 team in the nation and putting an undefeated team that could have the worst SOS in the state ahead of them.

I disagree. Rankings deal with projections, competition and how a team faired against competition. That's like punishing Mallard Creek for losing to a top 5 team in the nation and putting an undefeated team that could have the worst SOS in the state ahead of them.
I don't even think ED should be ranked first as of now and I'm as big a ED fan as there is. My opinion is Clinton and Reidsville are one and two in some order.

The topic has been debated to death so I’m not discussing it any further

What ED accomplished in 2022 cannot be taken away, which is why I don't like the term defending champions. East Duplin isn't defending anything. They're pursuing another.

Last year's accomplishments have nothing to do with This year and shouldn't have any bearing in the rankings.

Last edited:
I think you’re right. We are on a collision course. I posted this on the NE thread a little while back. I believe we’re headed back to Darkhorse Stadium. I also think Clinton is the best team in the East, at right now I like East Dublin and Clinton to play for the east
Right now I like East Duplin and Clinton to play for the east

I will take Northeastern all day, in my eyes it’s an easy decision. I’ve been critical over NE before and I’ve pointed out things we need to work on but overall we are a pretty good team with a huge upside.

Does Northeastern still run the same defense and offense they have for years?

I will take Northeastern all day, in my eyes it’s an easy decision. I’ve been critical over NE before and I’ve pointed out things we need to work on but overall we are a pretty good team with a huge upside.
Yeah but how are we going to beat the teams that plays defense you can't let Bertie score 40 and think you going to win the championship we a lot to work on before you can even talk about the playoffs so wait until after we play Edenton and Hertford County

I'm not making any guarantees about East Duplin and I'm not trying to offend you, but you say this every year.

Right now I like East Duplin and Clinton to play for the east
East Duplin is young and unlike most years our schedule is full of tomato cans. Outside of Wallace (and that jury is still out) there doesn't appear to be many challenges. The game against Croatan will tell a lot. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this group handles a road game in what should be a decent environment against another unbeaten team.

East Duplin is young and unlike most years our schedule is full of tomato cans. Outside of Wallace (and that jury is still out) there doesn't appear to be many challenges. The game against Croatan will tell a lot. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this group handles a road game in what should be a decent environment against another unbeaten team.
I don't agree but that's ok. One thing I am sure of Wallace hasn't gone anywhere. It will be the same game it always is between the two and Wallace will make a deep run in the playoffs. JK probably learned something the other night and it's a game too. Kinston can always make a game you just never know with them. West Craven probably wins their conference and so does Richlands even though their conference is weak. Just my opinion

No I m

No, I meant I wasn’t dicussing Clinton not being in the ECC
ok that makes sense. I know you going to stand your ground on what you said about the polls. But Mule is correct in that the information is put into a computer and its that information that is ranked. Not a school name or a division or anything. It was early in the season so nothing will be perfect in week 1 or 2. As more games are played that process get's really accurate. There are always the unexpected upsets like Duke beating Clemson or carolina beating App State. Look at Brian Simmons predictions each week and his spread. If you went down his list and bet against each of his predictions and his spread each week your wife would ban you from preps. :cool:

I'm not making any guarantees about East Duplin and I'm not trying to offend you, but you say this every year.
No offense taken at all. Like yourself I just love my team. James and I are friends we just occasionally see things differently. NE has been in the hunt every year and actually did really good last year. That loss we took to wrh wasn’t a terrible loss. It was anyone’s game and unfortunately for us the dogs came out on top. We have to fix our pass defense and do something about our inability to kick. I feel really good about our chances with just a little improvement. I also think Clinton may be unbeatable, they look amazing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT