ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps 2a rankings after week 3

People tend to do this across the state every year and it irritates me. They think whoever is the best in their area or on their schedule is the best in the state.
yeah they just be talking nonsene like everyone else just started playing football or some 😂 thats exactly why what happened happen last year to the “best defense” in the state regardless of classification 😂😂

yeah they just be talking nonsene like everyone else just started playing football or some 😂 thats exactly why what happened happen last year to the “best defense” in the state regardless of classification 😂😂
That’s because East Lincoln actually had a legit QB, a few weapons and a decent enough line to give their athletes a chance and they couldn’t stop a nosebleed. No other team on their schedule had enough last year until that point, the teams either lacked at skill or on the line. They do this every year and never seem to learn.

Exactly. The Wiz will not like to read this post but if his DarkHorses had played the same schedule as Shelby then Clinton's record would probably be the same 0-3.

The computer algorithms do not know whether the teams they rank are Eastern or Western. All teams are evaluated on the same basis.

And if anyone doesn't believe it, just bet against the computer spreads and rankings and you will be searching for dimes for lunch soon.
You really believe that crap don’t you. Well if you had been betting on Shelby you wouldn’t been eaten at all! Believe that crap. What teams need to do is play all top rated teams and it won’t make any difference wheather you win or not. Don’t bring thst alogrythim crap to me. Thsts all as political b/s.

Because they have played the toughest games they will play all season.

KM #2 in 3A. Even stat sheet except 4-1 turnover margin. Gave up a 45 yard fake punt TD and a sack fumble on our own 20 on the very next drive. Possibly the best defense in NC over all classes.

AC Reynolds top 10 in 3A. Lost by 6 to #4 in 4A East Forsyth this past Friday. Shelby dominated Reynolds to the tune of 406 yards to 160. Special teams killed Shelby giving up a punt return for a TD and short field on kickoffs. No way should Shelby have lost this game, but credit to Reynolds. Reynolds had 32 total yards of offense at halftime. 100 yards in penalties also hurt Shelby in this one.

Crest #1 in 3A. 27-24 Crest at halftime after Shelby gave up a kickoff return for a TD with 30 seconds to go in the half. Big plays hurt Shelby in this one. Shelby rushed for 266 yards. Stat sheet was 500 yards Crest to 400 yards Shelby. Crest may have the best offense in the state of NC.

Toughest first 3 games in NC based on classification.

Shelby should be just fine when we start playing schools our same size. But first we welcome 4A Olympic to Shelby this Friday night.
Didn’t Shelby finish 7-5 last year? But that was last year, maybe they’ll be improved and be rated anyways

Exactly. The Wiz will not like to read this post but if his DarkHorses had played the same schedule as Shelby then Clinton's record would probably be the same 0-3.

The computer algorithms do not know whether the teams they rank are Eastern or Western. All teams are evaluated on the same basis.

And if anyone doesn't believe it, just bet against the computer spreads and rankings and you will be searching for dimes for lunch soon.
algorithms-= political b/s; another name for politics

Just hope you don't have to meet up with them in the championship game. I was in Winston Salem for the game the last time the DarkHorses got thumped by those Golden Lions. o_O
The Mule that wa 2014, this is 2023. In 1997 Shelby had just dropped to 2A and were supposedly unbeatable. I’ve heard it many times with their illustrious QB, (he was good, played pro baseball) was one of their finest teams, in that game they met Willie Parker (he played professional football) and a real defense. I tell you Mule, with this team, as a fan I’m not afraid of anybody. I’m not saying the Horses can’t be beaten, they could lose Friday to top 10 ranked Whiteville , but the bottom line with this team as a fan “No Fear”

The Mule that wa 2014, this is 2023. In 1997 Shelby had just dropped to 2A and were supposedly unbeatable. I’ve heard it many times with there QB, was one of their finest teams, in that game they met Willie Parker and a real defense. I tell you Mule, with this team, I’m not afraid of anybody. I’m not saying they can’t be beaten, they could lose Friday to top 10 ranked Whiteville , but the bottom line with this team as a fan “No Fear”
Well, I hope you are right because I have alway been a fan of both Shelby and Clinton.

I just don't understand your belief that the computer algorithm rankings are biased. Since Clinton is now ranked #1 in virtually all of them, I guess that means they are biased in favor of the DarkHorses and Eastern teams???

No it’s been some time since Clinton has been ranked though they’ve had really good teams. Clinton earned their ranking. Computers had nothing to do with it. I like Cal Prep and other sources that are honest with their opinions; that’s really what it’s all about if one’s being honest. Check out CalOreps if you want to look at computers, I don’t know about their polls but their game predictions are pretty much on target
3of 12 eastern teams, that’s b/s

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The Mule that wa 2014, this is 2023. In 1997 Shelby had just dropped to 2A and were supposedly unbeatable. I’ve heard it many times with their illustrious QB, (he was good, played pro baseball) was one of their finest teams, in that game they met Willie Parker (he played professional football) and a real defense. I tell you Mule, with this team, as a fan I’m not afraid of anybody. I’m not saying the Horses can’t be beaten, they could lose Friday to top 10 ranked Whiteville , but the bottom line with this team as a fan “No Fear”
Love your confidence @Wizard of the East , I can’t say that I blame you with the team you guys have this year. See you after thanksgiving.

then schedule the big 4a dogs like chambers, mallard creek, weddington im confused yall always do this yapping about yall conference but dont never wanna play anyone from charlotte when you’re literally 30-45 mins up the road and no one cares about no offers they got all them offers and only beat a 2a 1-2 burns by what 9 points ?

you're the 2nd guy on where who sounds like me

I'm tearing up

I've learned at least one irrefutable fact over the years reading these forums

If any of them dont have Clinton ranked number 1 then in Wiz's eyes they are worthless, but the moment they become number 1 (rightfully so at this moment) then he emerges from the shadows and completely agrees and begins to chat it up again, cause "he aint skeered"

I love to see it, the boards need Wiz lol

If any of them dont have Clinton ranked number 1 then in Wiz's eyes they are worthless, but the moment they become number 1 (rightfully so at this moment) then he emerges from the shadows and completely agrees and begins to chat it up again, cause "he aint skeered"

I still miss "CAVALIER DAVE".....(name in caps in his honor....he always posted this way, lol).....................

Whiteville is nothing. Clinton rolls All over them. If they don’t then the hype of Clinton will go away. People been saying Whiteville for past few years and nothing has come of it.

Nobody in that secondary is legit! I don’t care what you say. Maybe to your standards they are but from what I see across the state no. I don’t see a DB any team with legit wide receivers and QB play would shy away from. The front four is fast and good don’t get me wrong but the entirety of the defense is not the best in the state. The problem is there’s not a team on their schedule that can really expose those weaknesses because of the front four and because the teams don’t have enough. Crest might if they can hold a block for longer than a second. If it helps justify you losing to them I can see why you hype it up to be the best in the state.
Mallard Creek has the best defense I’ve seen so far this year regardless of classifications and then I can name a few to follow right behind that.
Of course you don’t. Who would expect you to say anything different? You the same guy that stated multiple times that South Point would be unable to move the ball on Dudley and that no one in 3A could play with Dudley. After South Point ran for over 50O yards and scored 74 points on your great Dudley defense you disappeared off the boards. The exact same SP rushing attack that KM held under 200yds for the game three weeks before. You think you dropping knowledge but you really a hater trying to masquerade as dropping high level analysis. We already know KingJordan is slow and you co-signing him smh…

QueenJordan been mad at Kings Mountain for two years and KM has never played any of the multiple teams he supposedly supports. Someone from Kings Mountain must have taken his girlfriend from him back in the day. It’s alright Lil guy, you can cry in front of us…

• Haha
This is right after New3ra predicted that no one in 3A had a chance against Dudley. If SP listened to him then the Red Raiders would have just stayed in Belmont and forfeited to Dudley who has 4A enrollment by the way playing 3A.

That’s because East Lincoln actually had a legit QB, a few weapons and a decent enough line to give their athletes a chance and they couldn’t stop a nosebleed. No other team on their schedule had enough last year until that point, the teams either lacked at skill or on the line. They do this every year and never seem to learn.
@3ra Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. At least we didn’t give up 74 in one game. The only thing that stopped SP from hitting a hundred is time ran out because they sure wasn’t going to stop them. Let me hear you rationalize that ass whomping.

@3ra Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. At least we didn’t give up 74 in one game. The only thing that stopped SP from hitting a hundred is time ran out because they sure wasn’t going to stop them. Let me hear you rationalize that ass whomping.
This has nothing to do with the fact KM secondary is not good and the front four makes them look much better than they actually are. Dudley is not my team I just know a few guys over that way so I could care less about that at the end of the day, I go to more charlotte games than anything and I didn’t even bring them up he did. We all are entitled to our opinions and I still stand by what I said. Outside of the defensive line nothing about Kings Mountain is elite. QB play sucks from all three, wrs are average, line is average, secondary average. You love it when people say good stuff about your team but as soon as someone says something you don’t want to hear you get in your feelings. Might go undefeated in the Regular season or lose once but at best KM is second or third round team, it all depends on how far the defensive line can carry the team.

QueenJordan been mad at Kings Mountain for two years and KM has never played any of the multiple teams he supposedly supports. Someone from Kings Mountain must have taken his girlfriend from him back in the day. It’s alright Lil guy, you can cry in front of us…
im not even from the 704 you delusional midget

This has nothing to do with the fact KM secondary is not good and the front four makes them look much better than they actually are. Dudley is not my team I just know a few guys over that way so I could care less about that at the end of the day, I go to more charlotte games than anything and I didn’t even bring them up he did. We all are entitled to our opinions and I still stand by what I said. Outside of the defensive line nothing about Kings Mountain is elite. QB play sucks from all three, wrs are average, line is average, secondary average. You love it when people say good stuff about your team but as soon as someone says something you don’t want to hear you get in your feelings. Might go undefeated in the Regular season or lose once but at best KM is second or third round team, it all depends on how far the defensive line can carry the team.
hes still hanging on to what sp did last year as if dudley wont beat sp 70-0 this year

@New3ra You try to act like you’re neutral but I see through your fake analysis. I am sure that you probably haven’t seen KM’s play this year. You just make up stuff. KM is playing a completely different defensive scheme this year but of course you don’t know that. Anytime someone bring KM up you have to give your negative input. You can say you disagree but you go all out to trash KM. If you were truly neutral then we would hear you diss that weak ass o-line that Dudley has. You trash dude and that’s my opinion.

@New3ra You try to act like you’re neutral but I see through your fake analysis. I am sure that you probably haven’t seen KM’s play this year. You just make up stuff. KM is playing a completely different defensive scheme this year but of course you don’t know that. Anytime someone bring KM up you have to give your negative input. You can say you disagree but you go all out to trash KM. If you were truly neutral then we would hear you diss that weak ass o-line that Dudley has. You trash dude and that’s my opinion.
You clearly don’t know me..I couldn’t stand them back in the day, I just support kids I know from all over now. Like I said, we are talking about KM and I still stand by everything I said. I don’t care what you think about me, never have and never will.

Whiteville is nothing. Clinton rolls All over them. If they don’t then the hype of Clinton will go away. People been saying Whiteville for past few years and nothing has come of it.
Hey 24 where did you see a game of theirs posted? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find anything but a minute of highlights. Could you please post the link, I would like to see some kind of game film before the Clinton game of them.

You clearly don’t know me..I couldn’t stand them back in the day, I just support kids I know from all over now. Like I said, we are talking about KM and I still stand by everything I said. I don’t care what you think about me, never have and never will.
And I stand by everything I said about you. You value your own opinion too much.

And I stand by everything I said about you. You value your own opinion too much.
Okay are you done? What do you want everyone to sit here lie and praise your team just to make you feel good? It’s football and people have their opinions, get out your feelings.

Last edited:
Okay are you done? What do you want everyone to sit hear lie and praise your team just to make you feel good? It’s football and people have their opinions, get out your feelings.
Nope I am not done. I am going to match your energy. I don’t care about sports opinions but you always make it a point to diss KM and it always sounds personal with you. Talking football analysis is fine but you go way beyond that in your assessments of KM. So everytime you diss KM and it seems personal I am dissing you. If you would have made an actual football point then I wouldn’t have said one word to you.

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Nope I am not done. I am going to match your energy. I don’t care about sports opinions but you always make it a point to diss KM and it always sounds personal with you. Talking football analysis is fine but you go way beyond that in your assessments of KM. So everytime you diss KM and it seems personal I am dissing you. If you would have made an actual football point then I wouldn’t have said one word to you.
I could honestly careless what you say about me. You don’t even know me LOL. Imagine trying to diss someone you don’t know and think they’re suppose to care.

you just mad cause yall over hyped aint won a state championship little man tell your team stop sizing the rings before they get there maybe that will help
Let me go get you some crayons and coloring books so you can stay out of grown people business. Please dont color outside of the lines this time and stop eating the crayons lil girl.

I could honestly careless what you say about me. You don’t even know me LOL. Imagine trying to diss someone you don’t know and think they’re suppose to care.
Well not defending yourself will make it that much more entertaining 😏

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra

I say this with all due respect, Shelby is probably the most dangerous 0-3 team in the state. They definitely have the most difficult schedule in 2A football.

Well, I hope you are right because I have alway been a fan of both Shelby and Clinton.

I just don't understand your belief that the computer algorithm rankings are biased. Since Clinton is now ranked #1 in virtually all of them, I guess that means they are biased in favor of the DarkHorses and Eastern teams???
No, you take them as they come. After 5 games, Clinton will have played 3 teams in the preseason top 10; the second half of the season isn't as competitive. I don't know the schedule of the western teams, but I suppose if some undefeated team makes a run against some quality competition that could change. As long as you win with quality win, I don't think you would go lower in the polls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT