19. Princeton
20. Hertford
21. Randleman
22. WRH
23. James Kenan
24. East Surry
25. Bandys

Good to see Bandys doing well. 😉

In all due respect and I mean this respectfully but how is Shelby ranked 10 at 0-3
I mean I know they’ve played a tough schedule but don’t you need to win to get recognized?
Also Max Prep is western biased , I don’t care how the put it in the computer . 9 of the top 12 are in the west Some of these pollsters need to come down East every once in awhile. They do play football down there with the same computer factors.

Last edited:
Some more good games this week.

Clinton @ Whiteville
Reidsville @ Eastern Alamance
Forest Hills @ CSD
Salisbury @ Person
Northeastern vs Rocky Mount
East Duplin @ Croatan
CHASE @ Draughn
Shelby vs Olympic
East Gaston vs Ashbrook
Hertford vs Camden County
Bandys vs South Caldwell
Hey @Maiden Creek check the Hertford County/Camden game. Hope your doing well and I love yours and Grizz’s post.

Have at it then. It's all good. Those two are two of the best for sure but still a long way to go.
I plan on listening to Darkhorse04 broadcast the Clinton game. I’m curious to see just how good this Whiteville team is. That’s the only top team from down south that I haven’t had a chance to see play or listen to their games. I know a lot of people are high on them this year.

Hey , if you can’t have an opinion, or predict an outcome, why come on here and even read. It has no impact on the game actually being played. Early, yes but after next week we’re at the midpoint of the season already. It will be playoff time in no time, but I get the point, let’s enjoy the season a game at the time. Like a fine steak, enjoy it a bite at the time
This weeks game at Whiteville should be a good one, a definite measuring stick for both teams, but irregardless of the outcome, not the end of the season for either team.

Dang wiz! You’re moving too quick man. Can we play football please. I wouldn't worry about the rankings if our horses gonna be there then they will be there. To much football n anything can happened hey its football. Ok now if we slip up then that u that's gonna get roasted by the posters

With over 17,000 post I’ve been roasted several hundred times. After 51 years of watching DarkHorse football, watching 10 state championship game appearances, 5 championships, I know what championship teams look like! Yep anything can happen!

With over 17,000 post I’ve been roasted several hundred times. After 51 years of watching DarkHorse football, watching 10 state championship game appearances, 5 championships, I know what championship teams look like! Yep anything can happen!
Dang, 17,000 plus posts. Hey at least posters read the Clinton threads.

I don’t disagree with you guys at all but at this point in the season the only team who I’ve seen that looks the part of a champion is Clinton. Like our Eagles fan base the Darkhorses fans have a team that they should be excited about.
I am I know what we have is special right now goob but this is football things happens n teams that suppose to win don't always win. They are good I'm rooting for my horses always.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Understand wiz. I been to all since 1990(was a 10 year old kid then) my cousin took me to my first clinton ship.

Goob, IF the Dark Horses win Friday and that’s a big IF, the Dark Horses will run the table regular season.
I think Whiteville will be your Darkhorses toughest test as of yet. I’m not basing this off of what I’ve seen just off what I’ve read up here and elsewhere. I think Clinton has to come out and make an immediate impact to try and set the tone. It seems Whiteville just keeps getting better each year and is knocking on the door of an eastern championship. Very much looking forward to listening to this one, I won’t miss a minute of it.

@daagoob be sure to checkout the podcast Thursday me and @Darkhorse04 gonna break down the matchup with Whiteville.
Where can I watch it at? I know I joke around a lot but that Clinton team I saw play wrh was nasty. My Eagles wouldn’t beat that team, not at this point anyways. You guys look the Reidsville teams we played against in our two recent state championship games. Post up where I can watch the podcast, I don’t want to miss it.

Where can I watch it at? I know I joke around a lot but that Clinton team I saw play wrh was nasty. My Eagles wouldn’t beat that team, not at this point anyways. You guys look the Reidsville teams we played against in our two recent state championship games. Post up where I can watch the podcast, I don’t want to miss it.
It will be on YouTube and Facebook I’ll post the link when it’s uploaded.

I think Whiteville will be your Darkhorses toughest test as of yet. I’m not basing this off of what I’ve seen just off what I’ve read up here and elsewhere. I think Clinton has to come out and make an immediate impact to try and set the tone. It seems Whiteville just keeps getting better each year and is knocking on the door of an eastern championship. Very much looking forward to listening to this one, I won’t miss a minute of it.
They are solid I was at that jk game pretty much manhandled them.

In all due respect and I mean this respectfully but how is Shelby ranked 10 at 0-3
I mean I know they’ve played a tough schedule but don’t you need to win to get recognized?
Also Max Prep is western biased , I don’t care how the put it in the computer . 9 of the top 12 are in the west Some of these pollsters need to come down East every once in awhile. They do play football down there with the same computer factors.

"Those pesky computers and their western bias!" - says an old, miserable man.

Because they have played the toughest games they will play all season.

KM #2 in 3A. Even stat sheet except 4-1 turnover margin. Gave up a 45 yard fake punt TD and a sack fumble on our own 20 on the very next drive. Possibly the best defense in NC over all classes.

AC Reynolds top 10 in 3A. Lost by 6 to #4 in 4A East Forsyth this past Friday. Shelby dominated Reynolds to the tune of 406 yards to 160. Special teams killed Shelby giving up a punt return for a TD and short field on kickoffs. No way should Shelby have lost this game, but credit to Reynolds. Reynolds had 32 total yards of offense at halftime. 100 yards in penalties also hurt Shelby in this one.

Crest #1 in 3A. 27-24 Crest at halftime after Shelby gave up a kickoff return for a TD with 30 seconds to go in the half. Big plays hurt Shelby in this one. Shelby rushed for 266 yards. Stat sheet was 500 yards Crest to 400 yards Shelby. Crest may have the best offense in the state of NC.

Toughest first 3 games in NC based on classification.

Shelby should be just fine when we start playing schools our same size. But first we welcome 4A Olympic to Shelby this Friday night.

KM #2 in 3A. Even stat sheet except 4-1 turnover margin. Gave up a 45 yard fake punt TD and a sack fumble on our own 20 on the very next drive. Possibly the best defense in NC over all classes.

AC Reynolds top 10 in 3A. Lost by 6 to #4 in 4A East Forsyth this past Friday. Shelby dominated Reynolds to the tune of 406 yards to 160. Special teams killed Shelby giving up a punt return for a TD and short field on kickoffs. No way should Shelby have lost this game, but credit to Reynolds. Reynolds had 32 total yards of offense at halftime. 100 yards in penalties also hurt Shelby in this one.

Crest #1 in 3A. 27-24 Crest at halftime after Shelby gave up a kickoff return for a TD with 30 seconds to go in the half. Big plays hurt Shelby in this one. Shelby rushed for 266 yards. Stat sheet was 500 yards Crest to 400 yards Shelby. Crest may have the best offense in the state of NC.

Shelby should be just fine when we start playing schools our same size. But first we welcome 4A Olympic to Shelby this Friday night.
This makes sense if the voters are breaking down each game when they look at results, which I'm sure they aren't doing for every team.

Exactly. The Wiz will not like to read this post but if his DarkHorses had played the same schedule as Shelby then Clinton's record would probably be the same 0-3.

The computer algorithms do not know whether the teams they rank are Eastern or Western. All teams are evaluated on the same basis.

And if anyone doesn't believe it, just bet against the computer spreads and rankings and you will be searching for dimes for lunch soon.

yall always hype up km they do not have the best defense regardless of classification stop the nonsense

yall always hype up km they do not have the best defense regardless of classification stop the nonsense
DE - UNC commit
DE - (probably) Georgia commit
DT - multiple D1 offers including App

You know a better front 4 than that? No hype....just facts. Several in the Secondary have multiple offers as well.

DE - UNC commit

You know a better front 4 than that? No hype....just facts. Several in the Secondary have multiple offers as well.
Nobody in that secondary is legit! I don’t care what you say. Maybe to your standards they are but from what I see across the state no. I don’t see a DB any team with legit wide receivers and QB play would shy away from. The front four is fast and good don’t get me wrong but the entirety of the defense is not the best in the state. The problem is there’s not a team on their schedule that can really expose those weaknesses because of the front four and because the teams don’t have enough. Crest might if they can hold a block for longer than a second. If it helps justify you losing to them I can see why you hype it up to be the best in the state.
Mallard Creek has the best defense I’ve seen so far this year regardless of classifications and then I can name a few to follow right behind that.

Last edited:
DE - UNC commit

then schedule the big 4a dogs like chambers, mallard creek, weddington im confused yall always do this yapping about yall conference but dont never wanna play anyone from charlotte when you’re literally 30-45 mins up the road and no one cares about no offers they got all them offers and only beat a 2a 1-2 burns by what 9 points ?

Nobody in that secondary is legit! I don’t care what you say. Maybe to your standards they are but from what I see across the state no. I don’t see a DB any team with legit wide receivers and QB play would shy away from. The front four is fast and good don’t get me wrong but the entirety of the defense is not the best in the state. The problem is there’s not a team on their schedule that can really expose those weaknesses. Crest might if they can hold a block for longer than a second. If it helps justify you losing to them I can see why you hype it up to be the best in the state.
Mallard Creek has the best defense I’ve seen so far this year regardless of classifications and then I can name a few to follow right behind that.
and also you better worry bout Dudley coming in and beating yall. i give credit to crest for scheduling gaffeny but who has km played again ? lmao

Nobody in that secondary is legit! I don’t care what you say. Maybe to your standards they are but from what I see across the state no. I don’t see a DB any team with legit wide receivers and QB play would shy away from. The front four is fast and good don’t get me wrong but the entirety of the defense is not the best in the state. The problem is there’s not a team on their schedule that can really expose those weaknesses. Crest might if they can hold a block for longer than a second. If it helps justify you losing to them I can see why you hype it up to be the best in the state.
my bad i didnt mean to reply to you that was meant for him lol

Reactions: New3ra
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT