ADVERTISEMENT

MA vs Tarboro for the Ship!

I don't see this game turning into a shootout I see more of a 21-14 type game. How is this Mount airy team compared to the 2017 team that Tarboro faced?

Congratulations Bears but just imagine having to live with buzz if they win the championship lol
200w.gif

Congratulations Bears but just imagine having to live with buzz if they win the championship lol

So if they win next Saturday and I see a shirtless individual running through the stands would that be him 😂

Ah ok. I remember y'all were spread that year. Plus your QB was lethal with his legs. This Tarboro team is good,but that one Imo is one of the best ever.
Different coach different offense.

Tarboro is next BUT we need to say something about Draughn and their fans.
They were great neighbors and a wonderful community. There football team is pretty doggone good also. They kept going after it all night. They did not quit and it would have been so easy for them to do that. Dula is very good and will get better. Tilley was pressed all night but made some big plays just by his continuation of a play.

We most likely will see them again next year as both our teams are junior heavy, Mt Airy only loses maybe 4 senior starters and none of our "skill" players. I believe the same is true for Draughn.

The only thing that I would say is this: Tyler Mason is THE MAN. If there is a better running back than he, I really want to see him. And Caleb Reed is as good a second back as their is anywhere. Both are juniors and if no one noticed Mt Airy's #4 is just a freshman and is a threat every time he touches the ball.

Thanks to all the Draughn fans for coming and supporting your team and visiting our community.

How was the draughn turnout compared to the Mitchell turnout last year? We usually travel well, but Valdese has a lot more people

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
The impressive thing for Mt Airy is how they fire off the ball. That's good coaching and lot of practice. Quarterback is tough as heck

Reactions: sbbbfan
I'm thinking this will be a defensive game. Turnovers will be huge in this one. Of the four state championship games next weekend, this will probably be the fastest

Reactions: sbbbfan
Mt Airy quarterback throws nice ball. Draughn defended the pass well. Strength of Mt Airy is speed on defense. Dandy is the leader but they are all good athletes

Can’t beat Tarboro by getting in a run vs run ballgame. Gotta be able to throw it around some too. Tarboro plays Holmes every year and are use to defending athletes in the option game. Tarboro by 10-14. Congratulations and good luck to both teams. Should be a good game.

Mount Airy to Holmes is a terrible comparison. They also haven't played Tarboro since the playoffs in the Covid season. Even in those years Holmes was good but really a byproduct of the lack of competition in the 1A East. They don't ever get to the regional finals in the west any of those years they were in the eastern finals.

Mount Airy to Holmes is a terrible comparison. They also haven't played Tarboro since the playoffs in the Covid season. Even in those years Holmes was good but really a byproduct of the lack of competition in the 1A East. They don't ever get to the regional finals in the west any of those years they were in the eastern finals.
Hey Thunder, let’s come back to your reply next Saturday evening and see how well it has aged. You are extremely off base and ill informed.Since I’m so wrong, I’ll put it this way. Tarboro will be well prepared, more disciplined than Draughn and faster than Mount Airy so therefore they will defend their option attack better. Does that synopsis please you more?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
I was at that the game a fight broke out in the 4th. Are the Tarboro players involved going to be able to play next week?

Not true. They went to the 2a title game in 16 and I can argue they were better than any team in the west in 17 and 18. We were just extremely good those two years. I think they catch a bed rep bc we beat them so bad, but those edenton teams played with and in some cases beat north eastern who made it to the 2a title game two or three years in a row.
With all that said, this isn’t those Tarboro teams. We’ve gotta bring out A game if not, it’ll be a long day for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT