ADVERTISEMENT

MA vs Tarboro for the Ship!

This game will be really interesting for the simple fact that the main senior leader Tarboro had was lost for the season due to a knee injury. It’s a really under class lead team. Kam & Mason will end up being two of the best backs in Tarboro history! This won’t be a blowout game like we’ve seen in years past. This game will come down to a final drive. Best of luck to both of our team. I can’t wait. Gonna be a fun one for sure! 🫡
MA is without Kam prob best Lineman and #75. So both have big injuries.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I feel you may see some passing out of Mt Airy next week seems one week they are spot on next week they are off

Mhsneer

Well-Known Member​

Can’t beat tarboro running the ball.
I agree with that. I think some of our coaches know that too. I think utilizing between the hashes, using misdirection delayed screens, drag patterns, hash seam patterns in combination with our options, sweeps, and dives should get the job done. Maybe a bootleg as well. Of course, when you run those plays will be key. Just my thoughts on how you beat Tarboro. Tarboro has proven time after time, they can limit gains from running the ball.

Last edited:
Lol..you will get beat by 30 if you change the narrative of how you've been playing. You think Tarboro is gonna change what they do? Win with what you've been successful with. Do not go into this game thinking you need to do anything different. Worry more about stopping Tarboro from RUNNING wild with with the ball other than Mt.Airy all of a sudden creating a new pass book. You win with what got you there. East Surry 2019 was a once in a lifetime 1a team, that played the same way the entire season against everyone. They didn't change or add a bunch of wrinkles and it was more than enough. Rely on your D to stop/limit what Tarboro does and has been doing effectively for years. That's what will win the game for you along with a little luck.

I agree with that. I think some of our coaches know that too. I think utilizing between the hashes, using misdirection delayed screens, drag patterns, hash seam patterns in combination with our options, sweeps, and dives should get the job done. Maybe a bootleg as well. Of course, when you run those plays will be key. Just my thoughts on how you beat Tarboro. Tarboro has proven time after time, they can limit gains from running the ball.
I might add some really good defense too.

Lol..you will get beat by 30 if you change the narrative of how you've been playing. You think Tarboro is gonna change what they do? Win with what you've been successful with. Do not go into this game thinking you need to do anything different. Worry more about stopping Tarboro from RUNNING wild with with the ball other than Mt.Airy all of a sudden creating a new pass book. You win with what got you there. East Surry 2019 was a once in a lifetime 1a team, that played the same way the entire season against everyone. They didn't change or add a bunch of wrinkles and it was more than enough.
The things I mentioned is what we have done already throughout the season . Just not in great quantities. I don’t recall seeing a bootleg however. Lol 😂, I hope someone important from Tarboro is really listening.😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.....i just see it hard for a 1a team to beat Mt.Airy if they play lights out D like they did last Friday night. Yes, Tarboro is a different animal indeed..but great defense is great defense...will Tarboro come in reeling after last weeks fist-o-cuffs.. I really dont think they have room for error this year against Mt.Airy neither team does.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.....i just see it hard for a 1a team to beat Mt.Airy if they play lights out D like they did last Friday night. Yes, Tarboro is a different animal indeed..but great defense is great defense...will Tarboro come in reeling after last weeks fist-o-cuffs.. I really dont think they have room for error this year against Mt.Airy neither team does.
Thank god we’re a 2A team according to some people

They mean you would be 2a if not for the charters and EC across the street.
And free lunch.

Reactions: Mbulld
Massey Ratings predictions for the finals.

FjJACKBXoAoqr0q.jpg

Reactions: curtiscummings1
WOW...He has Mt.Airy killin Tarboro🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣..Yeah yall might wanna go head and go Christmas shopping that day instead!!😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Calpreps says 34-21 Mount Airy too.

I guess all the people that were telling me at game on Friday night that Tarboro didn’t stand a chance next week were right!
When I looked at calpreps it hadn’t done predictions yet. You must of done the project a matchup.

Reactions: TarVikes
Saturday is going to be a great game, no matter what a computer says. Both teams bring two great running backs. This game could display some of the top running back talent in the state! Definitely going to come down to who makes the best adjustments during the game.

MA has played two teams .past.two weeks that were huge and good. ER prob best line they faced this year. Tarboro size is not impressive compared to them. Tarb is impressive as they are quick to the ball and get in back feild. I don't see who Tarb has played in playoffs as good as last two we faced. I think MA will be best 1A team the Vikings will have seen this year.

Last edited:
MA has played two tes.past.two weeks that were huge and good. ER prob best line they faced this year. Tarboro size is not impressive compared to them. Tarb is impressive as they are quick to the ball and get in back feild. I don't see who Tarb has played in playoffs as good as last two we faced. I think MA will be best 1A team the Vikings will have seen this year.
Yep you got it all figured out buzz.

I agree with that buzz. I also believe the bears will be the most physical team the vikes have seen. That line is quick and extremely physical . I got the bears by 7. It’s not what I see on tape that worries me with the vikes , it’s what I see on the side line with there coaching staff and the mentality of winning 5 of the last 6 state championships, I say the bears by 7 because of the intangibles. If it wasn’t for those I would say the spread would be similar to cal preps / Massey or DA PRINT.

MA has played two tes.past.two weeks that were huge and good. ER prob best line they faced this year. Tarboro size is not impressive compared to them. Tarb is impressive as they are quick to the ball and get in back feild. I don't see who Tarb has played in playoffs as good as last two we faced. I think MA will be best 1A team the Vikings will have seen this year.
Do you not think Tarboro will be the best 1A team MA has seen this year? Just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT