ADVERTISEMENT

MA vs Tarboro for the Ship!

Hey Thunder, let’s come back to your reply next Saturday evening and see how well it has aged. You are extremely off base and ill informed.Since I’m so wrong, I’ll put it this way. Tarboro will be well prepared, more disciplined than Draughn and faster than Mount Airy so therefore they will defend their option attack better. Does that synopsis please you more?

Where did I say Tarboro won't be well prepared? All I said was Holmes was a terrible comparison and was never anywhere up to par with a state championship caliber team.

Anyone with a lick of sense knows Tarboro will be prepared and that Mount Airy won't walk the dog like they did on Draughn.

This just might be Mt.Airy's year!! The 1A West was a gauntlet. The 1a East was not. Mt.Airy was just head and shoulders better than everyone in the West. It's by no surprise that Tarboro will breeze through the East..by no fault of your own...There is absolutely no comp for you guys in the East perenially come playoff time. This is also a testament to how good Tarboro is year in and year out. I still say this might just be Mt.Airy's year...and I for one will not be shocked...

The loss of #75 for MA could be big factor if he can't play. Didn't look good for him last night. MA still didn't miss a beat.

Reactions: buzzcoach
This just might be Mt.Airy's year!! The 1A West was a gauntlet. The 1a East was not. Mt.Airy was just head and shoulders better than everyone in the West. It's by no surprise that Tarboro will breeze through the East..by no fault of your own...There is absolutely no comp for you guys in the East perenially come playoff time. This is also a testament to how good Tarboro is year in and year out. I still say this might just be Mt.Airy's year...and I for one will not be shocked...
Mt Airy has done extremely well, extremely. They are a fine team and have beaten every team in front of them in playoffs . I wish the young men lots of luck in SC game.
Head and shoulders? One team I think was fairly close in height if they had remained healthy. They, unfortunately, didn’t but that’s part of the game.
Good luck to both teams next week. You have proven you are the best on both sides of the bracket.

Tarboro must have a whale of a coaching staff! They are in the championship game almost ever year. Isn't Tarboro the school where Todd Gurley played at?
Yep. And he contributes heavily to the football program. Great guy. Didn't let the spotlight of being in the NFL change him one bit. But you hit the nail on the head....they struck gold with Jeff Craddock. I don't know what magic touch he has, but it's him. It's all him. Tarboro was NOT an annual contender before he came, and wouldn't be anywhere near what they are right now without him.

Yep. And he contributes heavily to the football program. Great guy. Didn't let the spotlight of being in the NFL change him one bit. But you hit the nail on the head....they struck gold with Jeff Craddock. I don't know what magic touch he has, but it's him. It's all him. Tarboro was NOT an annual contender before he came, and wouldn't be anywhere near what they are right now without him.
Craddock is a firm believer of weight-room and hard work. Cant go wrong with the two.

Mt Airy has done extremely well, extremely. They are a fine team and have beaten every team in front of them in playoffs . I wish the young men lots of luck in SC game.
Head and shoulders? One team I think was fairly close in height if they had remained healthy. They, unfortunately, didn’t but that’s part of the game.
Good luck to both teams next week. You have proven you are the best on both sides of the bracket.
ER was better than Draughn and were as good as MA with Brooks on the field. Tie game in the third when he went out

Kidd , Devonte Brooks was a beast . Best back the bears had seen all year. Responding to the coach up top, those Holmes teams were no where near as physical as this bears squad. I see a tight game. I don’t see this Tarboro team being as good a version as what I’ve seen in the past. This Tarboro teams greatest strength is the coaching staff. I don’t think they got more speed than the bears , I don’t think what they have up front is any bigger , or athletic than what the bears have seen in the last couple weeks. I think player per player the bears are better than the vikes. What the Bears biggest hurdle will be will be the expectation and tradition this era of Tarboro football brings to the field and the been here done that mentality. I think the bears win this game by 7 and the game will be won up front and the second level. I like the bears chances in this one

Last edited:
There is another Edenton does this so Tarboro is an expert at defending this post.

Mount Airy sees Starmount every year or SMC teams that run similar offenses to Tarboro. That doesn't make them anymore prepared.

Both teams will watch film all week and both coaches will have an excellent game plan to stop the other.

If anyone is capable of coaching his kids up on how to stop Tarboro it's JK.

Last edited:
Back to Draughn for a second, Does any one know how many yards Reed and Gallimore got? We know about Mason, what about the others?

Also, how many yards of offense did Draughn finish with?
How about Dula?

Dula finished with 143 yds. Ian Gallimore 11-97 & Caleb Reid 12-68. Hopefully, BAREMAN will post final stats. MA had over 500 yds rushing and held Draughn to approx. 240 total yds.

Poke and Poke he did..pitch fork Style!!! MA is a perennial power house. People love to hate on em...but they're always in the conversation...and what East Surry did with that 2019 team was set a prescedence as just how good a 1a team could be with the mash-up of homegrown talent they had as far as Legit D-1 players from a 1a school. I mean the way they dismantled Tarboro and beat 2a state champ Reidsville in the same year will be stuff of folklore for ages. Mt.Airy has definitely put the West and the rest of the state 1a on notice. They just need to finish the deal. I expect them to do just that. GO BEARS!!

All we hear every year is how weak the east is yet, 5 of the 6 years we’ve been to the championship in 1A we’ve played a team from Surry County.

So I’ll ask, what does the west have other than Surry County schools?
Well like I've mentioned before I believe as a whole the West is stronger than the East in 1A but it's just that all the East needs is Tarboro and apparent that they are consistently the best in the state.
But while there's no way to prove it it's just an opinion which means nothing but I believe if you had an unrealistic playoff system because of distance where there was no East and West ( with the current 1A schools ) just everyone playing each other from round one not that some west teams wouldn't lose to some east teams but in the end that in the championship game you'd still have Tarboro vs a team from the West. And I may go as far as this year it would probably still be the same two teams next week playing unless they would have met before the championship of course.

Last edited:
Ok if that makes you feel better.
Or you..,
Either way works..
I remember you yelling for a screen when he was still playing and not posting until late 4th quarter…
Your teenagers keep winning…
Try and enjoy it…
Now go on to Tarboro…

#33 from Rosewood broke out. Everything else was self defense. That kid should never play football again.
He was a Senior according to Maxpreps. He had nothing to lose in lastnights game. That might very well be his last game as a football player. If he don't play at the College level.

This game will be really interesting for the simple fact that the main senior leader Tarboro had was lost for the season due to a knee injury. It’s a really under class lead team. Kam & Mason will end up being two of the best backs in Tarboro history! This won’t be a blowout game like we’ve seen in years past. This game will come down to a final drive. Best of luck to both of our team. I can’t wait. Gonna be a fun one for sure! 🫡

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT