ADVERTISEMENT

Is it safe to say!

The young qb and kicker from Clinton just happened to move to Charlotte for non football/non recruiting reasons. Sometimes kids just move! Transfers happen all the time. 🤣🤣🤣
If the QB for Clinton wanted to sling it, he could've just stayed in Sampson Co, and gone to Hobbton. Aren’t they running the Air Raid over there? Seems like I remember a few years ago their QB throwing for like 9 TD’s in a game only to be out done by Midways QB who threw for a state record of 10. Charlotte? Who needs to go to Charlotte to air it out? LoL.

The young qb and kicker from Clinton just happened to move to Charlotte for non football/non recruiting reasons. Sometimes kids just move! Transfers happen all the time. 🤣🤣🤣

Would he have not started at Clinton?

Reactions: sam
Would he have not started at Clinton?
My friend told me he would’ve been behind a junior QB who started every game for Clinton as a sophomore last year. I hear Ethan was more of a natural QB/thrower but he would’ve had to compete to displace the one who had been there already.

Is it safe to say that we should be talking about those charter schools and private schools that get Athletes each year from neighboring districts and those schools dominate the other non football sports almost every year... Sure Clinton is rich with tradition and athletes want to play for a proven winning program... Sure athletes will transfer due to favorite coaches moving on to other schools... It can be safe to say this is common as I know other schools have had athletes in the past that transferred to different schools over certain situations.... So if that's a issue then I guess we should vacate each state championship that has ever been won right? Maybe forfiet each win and each hall of fame coach or record setting coach has only enough wins you can count on one hand since transferring sounds like a problem correct? So maybe we can all agree to say is it safe to say that unless a investigation is done by the nchsaa or other legislatior power that transfers for whatever reason is normal and no school has done any wrong doing at all? Yep it's safe to say just that...

I know of a 4a quarterback this year that transferred to a 1a school….idk if he is d1 but I know he started at the 4a school
If you're D=1 good, it doesn't make any difference where you play high school football, they know you./ They didn't just discover you in your high school games.

If the QB for Clinton wanted to sling it, he could've just stayed in Sampson Co, and gone to Hobbton. Aren’t they running the Air Raid over there? Seems like I remember a few years ago their QB throwing for like 9 TD’s in a game only to be out done by Midways QB who threw for a state record of 10. Charlotte? Who needs to go to Charlotte to air it out? LoL.
Midway 80 Hobbton 73

Loden Bradshaw (Hobbton) 9 TD
vs
Wyatt Holland (Midway) 10 TD

Hobbton also beat Heide Trask 90-62 the following week!

Nuts!!!

Midway Air Raiders
vs
Hobbton Raptor Cats

Good stuff!😂

I'm going to put my $0.02 in here. These kids you talk about that came to Clinton from other places. I cover recruiting in NC and these kids didn't have much exposure to colleges.

Maybe they didn't get that where they came from or felt that maybe not a lot of emphasis was on doing that. I don't know the case here but I do know that a lot of our high school coaches do try to help their kids and there are some that don't. Just being honest. Like i said I don't know the circumstances involved here and just stating some situations where I know kids have moved to other places that have the reputation of doing that and putting kids in the next level.

Back to Clinton kids they have blown up in the recruiting scene and have many schools wanting them. Could Coach Johnson be a part of that? Possibly, he has put on a couple of camps in that area and had college coaches there to help the kids.

The sports world is totally different nowadays and you grown men need to stop this "crying" stuff cause a kid legally goes to another place to better themselves.

IF THERE IS PROOF, THEN TAKE IT TO THE NCHSAA!!!

I'm going to put my $0.02 in here. These kids you talk about that came to Clinton from other places. I cover recruiting in NC and these kids didn't have much exposure to colleges.

Maybe they didn't get that where they came from or felt that maybe not a lot of emphasis was on doing that. I don't know the case here but I do know that a lot of our high school coaches do try to help their kids and there are some that don't. Just being honest. Like i said I don't know the circumstances involved here and just stating some situations where I know kids have moved to other places that have the reputation of doing that and putting kids in the next level.

Back to Clinton kids they have blown up in the recruiting scene and have many schools wanting them. Could Coach Johnson be a part of that? Possibly, he has put on a couple of camps in that area and had college coaches there to help the kids.

The sports world is totally different nowadays and you grown men need to stop this "crying" stuff cause a kid legally goes to another place to better themselves.

There is the mic drop on all of these idiotic threads and allegations BOOM!!!!!! Thank you @Deana_King

Can you elaborate on what you know that she doesn’t know Sam? Cause I’d like to know if no one else does. Makes for good reading lol.

Well written.

Reidsville is getting at least two transfers from Burlington: Jones from Williams and Sharpe from Cummings. Believe it or not, the Reidsville coaches new nothing about their transfer and do not even know the players.

They want to play basketball with Neal and Harrison who they know from AAU basketball. And I suspect the idea of playing on the Rams new turf field is a plus.

Reidsville has a lot of players being recruited at the highest levels and there are lots of eyes on Rams players helping all players in their desires to win a football or basketball scholarship.

If a parent thinks it is in the best interest of their son or daughter to move to another school district then who can blame them, whether it is for athletic or academic reasons.

Well written.

Reidsville is getting at least two transfers from Burlington: Jones from Williams and Sharpe from Cummings. Believe it or not, the Reidsville coaches new nothing about their transfer and do not even know the players.

They want to play basketball with Neal and Harrison who they know from AAU basketball. And I suspect the idea of playing on the Rams new turf field is a plus.

Reidsville has a lot of players being recruited at the highest levels and there are lots of eyes on Rams players helping all players in their desires to win a football or basketball scholarship.

If a parent thinks it is in the best interest of their son or daughter to move to another school district then who can blame them, whether it is for athletic or academic reasons.

Knew

Reactions: olddog77
Well written.

I agree Mule. The word “move” is the key. If the parents physically change their residence, more power to them and it should be allowed. If no physical move or no parent working in the new system sit 365. The rules are only complicated when there is a move within the same LEA.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Well written.

Exactly kinda like if your good at math you sign up for those special classes or go to a certain academy, or good at music you go to weaver, or wanna join military you go where they have ROTC…but my god move to give a better opportunity at sports and everyone shuns you!!

Reactions: New3ra
Just asking, why is the transfers such a big deal at 1A and 2A? The 4A kids move around in all LEA’s and is barely mentioned. Is it because of size of most smaller schools rosters? Also, probably because so many kids moving in 4A ranks can’t keep up with them.

Just asking, why is the transfers such a big deal at 1A and 2A? The 4A kids move around in all LEA’s and is barely mentioned. Is it because of size of most smaller schools rosters? Also, probably because so many kids moving in 4A ranks can’t keep up with them.
Probably because usually 1A and 2A teams have 1-2 good players maybe 3 at most. The rest of the players make up the TEAM, but everyone knows who the main studs are. If a rival school or near by school “recruits” one of them and they leave, you’re bitter because your special athletes that come thru these small schools don’t happen every year and the rich get richer.

Reactions: sam and Lion Attack
It should be a big deal in every classification if it’s not legitimate by NCHSAA rules. But, more and more we live in a society where rules are only for everybody else.

Reactions: Oldballcoach18
Probably because usually 1A and 2A teams have 1-2 good players maybe 3 at most. The rest of the players make up the TEAM, but everyone knows who the main studs are. If a rival school or near by school “recruits” one of them and they leave, you’re bitter because your special athletes that come thru these small schools don’t happen every year and the rich get richer.

Lol he knew the answer, just being weird like always. 1a or 2a have 2 at most d1 athletes that win the title. When one or both move schools, go from deep run in the playoffs to maybe a few wins. It's that's simple lol

Reactions: Oldballcoach18
If you have to think about whether something is right or wrong, it's wrong. Win the right way!
I pray our staff at CHS is doing that. I coached at CHS for 18 years in the 90s and early 2000s. Love my Dark Horses.

Reactions: ocdavis31
2A Walkertown QB1 Bryce Baker (UNC Commit 4 Star) transferred to East Forsyth, one of east forsyth many incoming transfers...hell of a basketball player as well..

2A Walkertown QB1 Bryce Baker (UNC Commit 4 Star) transferred to East Forsyth, one of east forsyth many incoming transfers...hell of a basketball player as well..

They also got Zahki Mitchel from Walkertown, which I think was their 2nd best football player.

Not whining but its only going to get worse, college is a transfer free for all and it will trickle down to HS, throw in HS athletes being able to be compensated financially legally in the near future if not already, HS sports will look like free agency before to long.

I’m a WRH fan. I support my community. If that happens here, my financial support will end and you won’t see me involved except with local kids, period! They’re kids that needs values and a structured environment.

Not whining but its only going to get worse, college is a transfer free for all and it will trickle down to HS, throw in HS athletes being able to be compensated financially legally in the near future if not already, HS sports will look like free agency before to long.
The North Carolina General Assembly has already banned NIL money for high school athletes.

Name Image Likeness money, what is there to be banned?

uhmm, how often do you see a HIGH SCHOOL kid's jersey number in a video game, commercial, or billboard ad? Sold in a store?

I'm ignorant on how this could be used in high school, but how does NIL money factor? Can some one educate me.. seriously.

This is not the same as randomly giving a kid lunch money or paying for his car repairs. Two different things.

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
Name Image Likeness money, what is there to be banned?

uhmm, how often do you see a HIGH SCHOOL kid's jersey number in a video game, commercial, or billboard ad? Sold in a store?

I'm ignorant on how this could be used in high school, but how does NIL money factor? Can some one educate me.. seriously.

This is not the same as randomly giving a kid lunch money or paying for his car repairs. Two different things.

I could see some local business using some hs kids. But it wouldn’t be a significant amount of money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT