ADVERTISEMENT

Fuss fest 3,000

You have to understand the recruiting process to actually know how it works. i will confirm what Hines72 said about 5-8 that will play D1. the difference between D1 , D2, and D3 is that D1 players can receive full scholarship offers were as the other divisions only get partial to be combined with academics. As of right now most of the players he is speaking of ALREADY hold D1 offers.

• Haha
Reactions: mbdfan
BK13T-$ said:
He doesn't get percentages.
200-600 is not the same as 1200-1600. It's much larger.
Actually 200-600 is a bigger gap than
1200-2400.
I'm assuming Draughn fans ain't all clueless about that.

10-15 playing on Saturday?
That's unheard of in 1A unless your a charter or got a bunch of transfers.
Good luck. Probably got two more chances after this year then back to 2a.
While I appreciate your reply it is not about transfers it is about investing in player development and setting expectations. Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. I preach that shit to the kids.

This was mainly about the difference between a school with 630 students and one with 200, anyone who doesn't think there is an advantage in numbers is an idiot. If you have 300 boys vs. someone with 100 the odds are you are going to have more athletes and more bodies. I have no doubt that Draughn has worked hard and they are much improved over last year. Congrats on the season thus far. with that said Go Cougars! Makes me sick to say that.

Reactions: Purple1995
If you have 5-8 D1 scholarship players nobody you've played so far would have been within 50 points of you and you damn sure wouldn't have lost to East Burke. But carry on with the sales pitch...

who have they not blew out? you realize most of the big wins (high scoring games) could have been worse since the starters didn't play after the first quarter??? the EB loss was a tough loss for them and the game shouldn't have been that close. Since then nobody has came close to beating them.

Ok so Draughn is the hardest working team
Got

If you have 5-8 D1 scholarship players nobody you've played so far would have been within 50 points of you and you damn sure wouldn't have lost to East Burke. But carry on with the sales pitch...
So it is a sales pitch to celebrate kids getting an opportunity to play in college? Almost every mountain poster I read on these boards lives in the HS success of their team some 10,20,30,40 years after they graduated. For us at Draughn, while a state championship would be nice, we know that is not the greater goal. While your sitting around talking about the next great Murphy team, I will be sitting in a college football stadium watching my kids achieve their dreams.

While I appreciate your reply it is not about transfers it is about investing in player development and setting expectations. Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. I preach that shit to the kids.

This was mainly about the difference between a school with 630 students and one with 200, anyone who doesn't think there is an advantage in numbers is an idiot. If you have 300 boys vs. someone with 100 the odds are you are going to have more athletes and more bodies. I have no doubt that Draughn has worked hard and they are much improved over last year. Congrats on the season thus far. with that said Go Cougars! Makes me sick to say that.
All the points you make are valid and true. The more bodies you have the more athletes you can find.

who have they not blew out? you realize most of the big wins (high scoring games) could have been worse since the starters didn't play after the first quarter??? the EB loss was a tough loss for them and the game shouldn't have been that close. Since then nobody has came close to beating them.
You've only played one solid team this year (you admittedly beat them handily) you also lost to a team that isn't very good.

We'll see how good Draughn truly is soon enough when they play a Mount Airy, Andrews, Eastern Randolph and this conversation can be put to bed one way or the other.

• Haha
Reactions: swatz19 and BK13T-$
You've only played one good team this year (you admittedly beat them handily) you also lost to a team that isn't that good.

We'll see how good Draughn is soon enough when they play a Mount Airy, Andrews, Eastern Randolph and this conversation can be put to bed one way or the other.
EB - rivalry game cross county. first 3 games we did NOT have all of our players due to injuries. i look forward to seeing the games with the other TOP TIER teams that you speak of.

And in this comment, you have revealed your true motivation. It is not about getting your kids in Robbinsville opportunities after high school, it is all about the next dust collector you can put in a trophy case. But to each his own.
We have a few kids go to college but they usually turn it down and start working.
You see we live in to different places that are as different as night and day.
Our kids want to be apart of the tradition.
Nothing's more important to them.
College can be over rated.

Charter fans say the same thing you are.

Oh gosh I was pulling for Draughn in the playoffs as an underdog story but I might have to reconsider. Always stay humble.
By all means please pull for us...we would like to take our chance at facing the vaunted Tarboro T. Just respect your program and every competitor wants to play against the best. Tarboro IS the measuring stick in 1A.

We have a few kids go to college but they usually turn it down and start working.
You see we live in to different places that are as different as night and day.
Our kids want to be apart of the tradition.
Nothing's more important to them.
College can be over rated.

Charter fans say the same thing you are.
WE have a few kids go to College but College kids can be overrated? That sounds to me like they were hyped up in HS and couldn't cut the mustard in college. Just saying.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
With that much college talent you should of won anyway

do you research bro... by now you know all the names so check rivals, 24/7, twitter, and hell look at the sidelines on Saturdays for your favorite college team. i can tell you for a fact that just this fall alone Draughn has been represented on gameday visits at:

UNC, Virginia Tech, NC STATE, CLEMSON, Georgia tech, Penn University, UNCC,APP STATE, Johnson C. Smith, ELON, Liberty, and soon to be Alabama and Maryland in the next few weeks..

You have to understand the recruiting process to actually know how it works. i will confirm what Hines72 said about 5-8 that will play D1. the difference between D1 , D2, and D3 is that D1 players can receive full scholarship offers were as the other divisions only get partial to be combined with academics. As of right now most of the players he is speaking of ALREADY hold D1 offers.
Your QB has an FCS offer and one of your lineman has an FCS offer, that's it as far as verifiable D1 offers that I found. That's still pretty impressive on it's own for a 1A school but not close to the smoke ya'll are trying to sell.

Having kids on college campus visits doesn't mean they're going to go D1. Most high schools in the state has a kid or kids on D1 college campuses every year, that doesn't mean they are going to get an offer. It sounds like you're the one that doesn't understand college recruiting.

Last edited:
This is great for these young men that are getting recognition. It is also great for the school and other young men in the conference as they will also get looks when recruiters are watching. We may have the next East Surry in the making with all this d1 talent on one team.

Reactions: HSbaseballFAN31
Your QB has an FCS offer and one of your lineman has an FCS offer, that's it as far as verifiable D1 offers that I found. That's still pretty impressive on it's own for a 1A school but not close to the smoke ya'll are trying to sell.

Having kids on college campus visits doesn't mean they're going to go D1. Most high schools in the state has a kid or kids on D1 college campuses every year, that doesn't mean they are going to get an offer. It sounds like you're the one that doesn't understand college recruiting.
As of this morning.
QB- 3 D1 and 1 D2 offer that's verifiable right now.
OL-7 D1 offers

As of this morning.
QB- 3 D1 and 1 D2 offer that's verifiable right now.
OL-7 D1 offers
So who besides Tillery and Rector have FCS or higher offers? And no I'm not taking you at your word, show us proof. I'm sure nobody will bust your chops about the 7-8 D1 players comment if you can and we can move on.

Reactions: BK13T-$
You’ve lost your mind. Get on twitter and read them all for yourself. Pretty easy to do. Hilarious to think u can’t just google all these post that say “ I’m extremely blessed to say that I’ve received an offer to play……..”. Is it Friday yet????? 😂😂😂😂😂

You’ve lost your mind. Get on twitter and read them all for yourself. Pretty easy to do. Hilarious to think u can’t just google all these post that say “ I’m extremely blessed to say that I’ve received an offer to play……..”. Is it Friday yet????? 😂😂😂😂😂
Exactly what I thought... Reading comprehension doesnt seem to be your strong suit because Ferrum, Johnson C Smith, Shenendoah, etc. aren't D1 offers. You have 2 kids with FCS offers, congrats.

Interesting to see talk of Freedom losing out on some wins in football due to transfers heading out. Let’s not forget the reason they won rings in basketball both on the mens and womens side. Transfers in every year from Patton, East Burke, and McDowell. What goes around…:
This is exactly backwards. Freedom got transfers because we had already established that we could win basketball championships. You will not find any transfers on the 2014 boys state champion team, the 2002 girls, the 1998 boys, the 1995 girls, the 1994 boys AND girls or the 1989 girls. Some transfers did come for the 2016 girls (who were already supremely talented without them) and the 2020 boys (who were objectively less talented than the 2019 team that didn't win the state title). But let's be clear: those kids came to Freedom because the Patriot program offered them the best chance to win. At the same time Freedom had kids transfer away in basketball so that they would have the best opportunity to showcase their skills as a starter somewhere when they would have been a sub at FHS.

And no one who is familiar with the FHS football program has said we lost wins because kids transferred out. If anyone wants to make that claim that's on them, but most of us who are close to that program know that we have problems that need to be fixed which are deeper than who is on the field.

All I will say is if you take the kids right now in HS that should have fed into the FHS program and put them there Freedom would be probably one of the most dangerous teams in history. Offense alone there is no reason for FHS to have struggles in the passing game like they do and it’s a complete disservice to the ones that stayed there not to get the same opportunity for not only stats but exposure. This is week 10 and I’ve literally saw stats that show less than 5 receiving TDs all season total. I’m not going to speculate but it’s way more will leave after the season ends. Stop the bleeding and have some accountability. Promote life beyond HS. Culture change needed from a football perspective.

All I will say is if you take the kids right now in HS that should have fed into the FHS program and put them there Freedom would be probably one of the most dangerous teams in history. Offense alone there is no reason for FHS to have struggles in the passing game like they do and it’s a complete disservice to the ones that stayed there not to get the same opportunity for not only stats but exposure. This is week 10 and I’ve literally saw stats that show less than 5 receiving TDs all season total. I’m not going to speculate but it’s way more will leave after the season ends. Stop the bleeding and have some accountability. Promote life beyond HS. Culture change needed from a football perspective.
I don't know where you saw those stats because we had 5 passing touchdowns a couple of weeks ago against Ashe, Sacred Baylor had four TD catches in just that game.

Reactions: Swain97 and BK13T-$
Exactly what I thought... Reading comprehension doesnt seem to be your strong suit because Ferrum, Johnson C Smith, Shenendoah, etc. aren't D1 offers. You have 2 kids with FCS offers, congrats.
Jesus your illiterate… send me your Twitter info and I’ll make sure your tagged

I don't know where you saw those stats because we had 5 passing touchdowns a couple of weeks ago against Ashe, Sacred Baylor had four TD catches in just that game.
Sacred Baylor, F
Eli Pritchard, D
Connor Pinkerton
Tavion Dula, F
Jacob Dellinger, EB
Tywan Nemorin, D
Randan Clarke, P
Avery Pollard, F
Tiras Walker,

Sacred Baylor, F
Eli Pritchard, D
Connor Pinkerton
Tavion Dula, F
Jacob Dellinger, EB
Tywan Nemorin, D
Randan Clarke, P
Avery Pollard, F
Tiras Walker,

Based on stats reported in the news herald last Friday you have 6 receiving TDs combined. Those 4 was his first Of the year.

Sacred Baylor, F
Eli Pritchard, D
Connor Pinkerton
Tavion Dula, F
Jacob Dellinger, EB
Tywan Nemorin, D
Randan Clarke, P
Avery Pollard, F
Tiras Walker,
That doesn't include everyone who plays for Freedom, Jaylen Barnett has been in at wingback and has catches that way and may have scored, but I don't remember every TD this season and there might be others, BG Hampton catches screens out of the backfield as well. Nonetheless that's 6 TDs between Avery Pollard and Sacred Baylor.

This is exactly backwards. Freedom got transfers because we had already established that we could win basketball championships. You will not find any transfers on the 2014 boys state champion team, the 2002 girls, the 1998 boys, the 1995 girls, the 1994 boys AND girls or the 1989 girls. Some transfers did come for the 2016 girls (who were already supremely talented without them) and the 2020 boys (who were objectively less talented than the 2019 team that didn't win the state title). But let's be clear: those kids came to Freedom because the Patriot program offered them the best chance to win. At the same time Freedom had kids transfer away in basketball so that they would have the best opportunity to showcase their skills as a starter somewhere when they would have been a sub at FHS.

And no one who is familiar with the FHS football program has said we lost wins because kids transferred out. If anyone wants to make that claim that's on them, but most of us who are close to that program know that we have problems that need to be fixed which are deeper than who is on the field.
I’m not blaming freedom for it. It’s the local school district and the governing body NCHSAA that should have stopped it. But the reality of it is that the two most recent state championships don’t happen without the transfers, regardless of how they got there.

Reactions: HSbaseballFAN31
I don't remember who caught the other TD pass at Ashe, but it wasn't Avery Pollard (who did return an interception for a TD) so that would be at least 7 and as I said others may not be accounted for.

I’m not blaming freedom for it. It’s the local school district and the governing body NCHSAA that should have stopped it. But the reality of it is that the two most recent state championships don’t happen without the transfers, regardless of how they got there.
i don't accept that the 2016 girls would not have won a state title without any transfers. They did have transfers, so it can never be known if they would have won it all without them, but what we got was essentially depth at guard and center. The core of the team, including two girls who played D1 hoops and another who played D2, were always at FHS.

You are right about the transfer rules, but we are not the only team to have benefited from that.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT