ADVERTISEMENT

Chatham Central at Eastern Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Fans got their money's worth last night. That is for certain.

The ER girls beat Chatham Central 52-29. The Wildcats looked about 50x better than they did the night before against SD. ER's defense was very aggressive. Brecken Snotherly had an awesome game on both ends.

To put it in perspective, Chatham Central owns two wins over South Davidson (who beat ER by 20). ER literally looked like a totally different team. I definitely want to see more of THAT version of ER.

CC girls just ran into a buzzsaw. The Lady Bears can block some shots though. That I was impressed with.

Now, that guys game....

92-91 was the final. And, no, it did not go into triple overtime (or any overtime). I'm actually going to work backwards here.

Pierce Leonard sank four/five free throws to seal the victory. With the score 90-88, Leonard missed a free throw. However, Devonte Brooks swooped in, got an uncontested rebound, and put it back in to doublely seal the victory. Devonte had a monster game. He might have had around 30 points. CC didn't have much of an answer for him.

CC had around a seven/eight point lead going into the fourth quarter. Brandon Toomer and a couple other Bears caught fire from beyond the arc and they were feeling confident.

However, as the quarter progressed, Connor Carter and Timmy Brower began to get hot from beyond the arc as well. Midway through, Brower hit a three from the top of the key to give ER the lead at 84-83. The Wildcats also turned up the defensive pressure those last five minutes and forced quite a few turnovers.

The Bears had this game won. They just completely forgot who they were those last five minutes. Toomer had a nice game. Another guy who was impressive was Lee Albright. That guy did enough work for three guys on the boards. I don't think I've ever seen someone grab so many tough rebounds. Especially someone undersized. CC is a very scrappy team.

Last edited:
The thing I was most impressed with about ER last night was their composure. Last year's team would have completely fallen apart under those circumstances. I know the season is really young......but I'm getting a good feeling right now.

Reactions: thekidd12
The thing I was most impressed with about ER last night was their composure. Last year's team would have completely fallen apart under those circumstances. I know the season is really young......but I'm getting a good feeling right now.
Told you things might be interesting this year…
Thanks for the write ups as always. Helping pull the curtain back on mystery that is ER…

• Haha
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT