ADVERTISEMENT

SW Randolph/Randleman at Eastern Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Had us a lovely double dip in Ramseur last night. Both sets of Cats came away victorious.

Lady Cats continued their white-hot play with their 75-49 triumph over SWR. Story of this game, as you might guess, was Brecken Snotherly. She was a one-woman wrecking crew at the top of that press. I lost count of how many steals/Eurostep baskets she got. Heck, forget Eurostep........she was hitting steps from all seven continents.

ER's defense was stupendous. Once they switched to the press, the Cougars had a world of trouble. They didn't give SW many easy looks. Cats did a good job of hitting the boards as well.

Guys game was strange. ER came out of the gate and established a good-sized lead. However, it's like Randleman had a tractor beam and wouldn't let the Cats get away. Although ER led 27-15 at the break, I had a weird feeling inside. I've never seen a 27-15 half played at such a fast pace.

Second half, the Cats come out alright and then just fall asleep at the wheel. Behind some great play from Tyshaun Goldston, Greg Price and Amarion Moton, the Tigers roared back in it and had the lead cut to three late in the fourth quarter. Jireh Price also knocked down two threes during this stretch.

Fortunately for ER, they woke up just in time. They came up with some huge steals and converted them into easy buckets. AJ Randall came up with a really huge steal. It also helped that the Tigers went cold down the stretch. Cats held on 48-45.

Devonte Brooks, Pierce Leonard, and Timmy Brower had the best games for the Cats. Brooks threw down at least three breakaway dunks (he put one on somebody's head....which really got the ER crowd fired up). I can't believe the level he's been playing at this year.

Greg Price and Tyshaun Goldston had great games for the Tigers. Goldston was a shot-blocking machine. He looked like a prime Kenyon Martin the way he was swatting shots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT