ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph at SW Randolph

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
Absolutely great pair of games in Cougarland last night. Stands were packed and the atmosphere was electric.

My hats off to the SW boys. They played an excellent, excellent game. The Cougars laid the blueprint on how to beat ER. SW handled ER's pressure like pros. They also hit their free throws down the stretch. The SW guards did an awesome job on the boards.

Nathan Ellis, Thomas Leal, Kearns Trotter, and Sean Adkins all made big plays/shots at critical junctures. Also, it might not show in the stat-lines, but Landon Williamson was a huge factor as well. He took away a lot of ER's easy looks inside.

Tough game for ER. They just couldn't seem to get out of third gear. Foul trouble really doomed the Cats. In spite of the loss, ER is still a half-game ahead of SWR in the standings. ER has Uwharrie, Trinity and PG left. Trinity has the best chance of beating ER........but they'll have to do it on Senior Night in Ramseur. SW has Wheatmore and Uwharrie left. The UC game could be interesting. It was real, real close last time around.

Last edited:
The ER girls got themselves a huge victory though. Kenly Whitaker played a great game on both ends. Brecken Snotherly was awesome as usual and hit some nice jumpers. The unsung hero last night for the Cats was Logan Beaver. She was a tough presence down low and blocked a few shots.

Game was close all the way through. SW just got a little stagnant and tentative on offense towards the end. I never realized till last night how fast Carissa King is with the ball in her hands.

It looks like ER has second place all sewn up. Uwharrie is their biggest challenge left.

Absolutely great pair of games in Cougarland last night. Stands were packed and the atmosphere was electric.

My hats off to the SW boys. They played an excellent, excellent game. The Cougars laid the blueprint on how to beat ER. SW handled ER's pressure like pros. They also hit their free throws down the stretch. The SW guards did an awesome job on the boards.

Nathan Ellis, Thomas Leal, Kearns Trotter, and Sean Adkins all made big plays/shots at critical junctures. Also, it might not show in the stat-lines, but Landon Williamson was a huge factor as well. He took away a lot of ER's easy looks inside.

Tough game for ER. They just couldn't seem to get out of third gear. Foul trouble really doomed the Cats. In spite of the loss, ER is still a half-game ahead of SWR in the standings. ER has Uwharrie, Trinity and PG left. Trinity has the best chance of beating ER........but they'll have to do it on Senior Night in Ramseur. SW has Wheatmore and Uwharrie left. The UC game could be interesting. It was real, real close last time around.
Big upset by SWR in my opinion.

Big upset by SWR in my opinion.
Eh. First game was tied heading to fourth quarter as well. Both teams held service at home. SWR one of few teams all year that have figured out how to slow ER down. Plus it’s a rivalry game. You just never know.
Maybe conference tournament the rubber match goes to the Wildcats.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT