ADVERTISEMENT

2022 1A Boys Basketball Thread

as of 1/22/23

3 weeks left in regular season

1A West Boys #1's
1/16/23

Big Smoky(Robbinsville)
Little Smoky(Hiwassee Dam)
Metro 8(Piedmont Community Charter/Carolina International/Corvian Community)
Northwest(South Stokes)
Northwest Piedmont(Bishop McGuinness)

2A/1A West
Catawba Shores(No Team)
Central Carolina(Thomasville)
PAC-7(Eastern Randolph)
Southern Piedmont(Bessemer City)
Western Highlands(Mountain Heritage)
Yadkin Valley(Albemarle)

Last edited:
Your excuse falls well short for cussing out kids.
Those "kids" should've had more respect than to try to make a bunch of elders move from where they had already been sitting. Maybe y'all should teach your "kids" some respect and that wouldn't happen lmao

Last edited:
Funny that a grown up cussing out kids at a high school ball game is telling others about respect. 😂
Ironic.

Why is it that the 1A posters have no respect for what I'm doing. Deana will be my next contact if this continues. If I was a moderator I'd ban you .
I made my point. Bk is the one that can't handle their "kids" being called out on their lack of respect for guests. Same goes for their admin who thought it was okay to try and take seats that are already limited

Robbinsville won another overtime game last night. That makes us 5-0 in overtime games.
Two of our 3 losses on the year we have split with them. SM and Cocke tenn. Pisgah is the other team to beat us.

I think Swain /Robbinsville moved to tonight.
I'm assuming that's at Swain because wrestling is at Robbinsville tonight vs Swain for the SMC Championship.

Looking into the future a bit, Cherokee girls are gonna be dominant for the foreseeable future. With a young,tough varsity team already in place they're going to have a few freshman with the ability to play/start on varsity next year. The middle school girls just finished another dominant, undefeated season routing Murphy in the conference tournament championship game 62 to 15.
The boys will be tough in the near future as well with a young varsity and some great upcoming talent. Most will probably play jv at least a year but there is some talent already waiting on them there as well on that jv squad. The ms boys beat Robbinsville in the tourney championship 69 to 46

Looking into the future a bit, Cherokee girls are gonna be dominant for the foreseeable future. With a young,tough varsity team already in place they're going to have a few freshman with the ability to play/start on varsity next year. The middle school girls just finished another dominant, undefeated season routing Murphy in the conference tournament championship game 62 to 15.
The boys will be tough in the near future as well with a young varsity and some great upcoming talent. Most will probably play jv at least a year but there is some talent already waiting on them there as well on that jv squad. The ms boys beat Robbinsville in the tourney championship 69 to 46
62-15 is crazy for a championship game score. Did they have a close game all year?

as of 1/22/236 games left in regular season

1A West Boys #1's
1/22/23

Big Smoky(Robbinsville)
Metro 8(Piedmont Community Charter/Carolina International/Corvian Community)
Northwest(South Stokes)

2A/1A West
Catawba Shores(No Team)
PAC-7(Eastern Randolph)
Yadkin Valley(Albemarle)

as of 1/22/23

6 games left in regular season

1A East Boys #1's

1A
Atlantic 5(Ocracoke)
Carolina(Neuse Charter)
Central Tar Heel(Chatham Charter)
Four Rivers(Bertie)
Tar-Roanoke(Wilson Prep)
Triangle North(Voyager)
2A/1A
Coastal Plains(Pamlico County)
Mid-Carolina(No Team)
Super Six(East Wake Academy)
Waccamaw(Pender)

I’ve always had a problem with any school or fans who set wherever they want, instead of setting on their teams side. In many games words are exchanged because of this and is a recipe for fights. Why can’t fans and even school administrators, cheerleaders set on their own side ? They are a reason why we have Home & Visitors sides

Folks, if you ever want to get your money's worth, go see an Eastern Randolph-Chatham Central game. Last time in Ramseur, ER held on 92-91.

Last night in Bear Creek, ER held on for a 96-93 win. The 1A East definitely cannot sleep on Chatham Central.

Seems the rest of the conference didn't realize it was only Rville and Cherokee left in contention..lol
Please do correct me if I am wrong but hypothetically if Swain were to win out they would be 8-4 in conference, swept rville, still need some help if hayesville can beat rville and or andrews. Forgive me for looking at this from a Swain perceptive but there is still a chance. Seems like some big games over the final two weeks. Swain dominated rville at home and should have blown them out without some typical smc basketball officials. Never the less good luck to everyone. SMC is good top to bottom this year.

Reactions: therealsquid
Please do correct me if I am wrong but hypothetically if Swain were to win out they would be 8-4 in conference, swept rville, still need some help if hayesville can beat rville and or andrews. Forgive me for looking at this from a Swain perceptive but there is still a chance. Seems like some big games over the final two weeks. Swain dominated rville at home and should have blown them out without some typical smc basketball officials. Never the less good luck to everyone. SMC is good top to bottom this year.

They can go 6-4. Only 10 conference games. Too many possibilities out there, but I think the best they can do is a tie for first. But I am only 85% sure.

Just watched a below average Cherryville team beat Bessemer City. I told you...BC has the athletes to compete with anyone, just not the coach to do it. The coach let a player for BC shoot at least 40 shots tonight while others stood and watched. ran NO offense, and scrambled on defense without any purpose...SMH...

Anything can happen when SMC officials show up! By far the worst officials in the state

Just watched a below average Cherryville team beat Bessemer City. I told you...BC has the athletes to compete with anyone, just not the coach to do it. The coach let a player for BC shoot at least 40 shots tonight while others stood and watched. ran NO offense, and scrambled on defense without any purpose...SMH...
40 shots?? That kid's first name wouldn't be Luka by any chance, would it?

1A East Boys #1's
as of 1/28/23

1A
Atlantic 5(Ocracoke)
Carolina(Neuse Charter)
Central Tar Heel(Chatham Charter)
Four Rivers(Bertie)
Tar-Roanoke(Wilson Prep)
Triangle North(Voyager)
2A/1A
Coastal Plains(Pamlico County)
Mid-Carolina(Chatham Central)
Super Six(East Wake Academy)
Waccamaw(Pender/West Columbus)

1A West Boys #1's
as of 1/28/23

Big Smoky(Robbinsville)
Metro 8(Corvian Community)
Northwest(South Stokes)

2A/1A West
Catawba Shores(No Team)
PAC-7(Eastern Randolph)
Yadkin Valley(Albemarle)

Reactions: Maiden Creek
40 shots?? That kid's first name wouldn't be Luka by any chance, would it?
They’ve got a guard committed to Northern KY, guessing he gets heavy usage. MaxPreps has the kid averaging 8 assists, but I’m guessing didn’t hit that average last night. I don’t know enough about that area to get into what was said about their coaching, but it’s interesting that they’ve already lost more games this year than last year with mostly same roster and staff. Still wouldn’t want to draw them in the playoffs if they’re capable of beating Shelby when playing well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT