ADVERTISEMENT

2022 1A Boys Basketball Thread

Just got confirmation that Riverside-Martin has opted out of playoff
for a incident that happened on the court last week.
Here is the updated brackets as of this Thursday morning.

1A EAST
2/16/23

1. Washington County vs 32.Cape Hatteras
2. Wilson Prep vs 31.Southside
3. Chatham Charter vs 30.Falls Lake
4. Neuse Charter vs 29.East Wake Academy
5. Chatham Central vs 28.NW Halifax
6. Henderson Collegiate vs 27.West Columbus
7. Pamlico County vs 26.River Mill
8. Ocracoke vs 25.East Columbus
==============================
9. Bertie vs 24.Oxford Prep
10.Northampton County vs 23.Jones
11.Voyager vs 22.Hobbton
12.North Edgecombe vs 21.Weldon
13.KIPP Pride vs 20.Bear Grass Charter
14.Rosewood vs 19.North Moore
15.Vance Charter vs 18.Columbia
16.Gates County vs 17.SE Halifax
17.SE Halifax
18.Columbia
19.North Moore
20.Bear Grass Charter
21.Weldon
22.Hobbton
23.Jones
24.Oxford Prep
25.East Columbus
26.River Mill
27.West Columbus
28.NW Halifax
29.East Wake Academy
30.Falls Lake
31.Southside
32.Cape Hatteras
===================
Brackets
1 vs 32
16 vs 17
9 vs 24
8 vs 25

4 vs 29
13 vs 20
12 vs 21
5 vs 28

2 vs 31
15 vs 18
10 vs 23
7 vs 26

3 vs 30
14 vs 19
11 vs 22
6 vs 27

Falls lake will be the 10 seed and either east or west columbus will be the 9. per the top 3 in conference and/or .500 rule for split conferences

Don't understand your thinking? Do you know how the seeding goes?
yes i do. In a split conference with at least 2 teams in a certain classification the team must finish with either a .500 overall record or top 3 in the conference to get a conference champion bid. Do you understand the seeding process?

yes i do. In a split conference with at least 2 teams in a certain classification the team must finish with either a .500 overall record or top 3 in the conference to get a conference champion bid. Do you understand the seeding process?
You are ONE funny poster! lol YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE! Come back tomorrow when the brackets come out and eat your crow!

Reactions: therealsquid
Mh333 I think you have to have a 0.500 record and be top 3. And since neither east nor west have 0.500 record they cant be listed as 1 seeds. I think rule states and/or but its actually and not or if that makes sense lol I remember going over this rule with Thomas Jeffersons conference in football.

Yeah i know it does but its not or its got to be both
Either way we will see tomorrow. if I’m wrong I’ll admit it. Best of luck to your teams in the playoffs guys/gals (if you have a rooting interest)

Reactions: KW23
Maybe your right then heck I dunno but I'm pretty sure it had to be both in football

The question was about whether a team that's top 3 in there split conference but doesn't have a 0.500 record qualifies as a 1 seed or not? Bc the handbook states they would qualify as a 1 seed if they were top 3 "and/or" 0.500. So which is it "and" meaning they have to be top 3 and 0.500 or "or" meaning they just have to be top 3 in their split conference and they don't have to be 0.500 record?

Seeding procedures:
4.1.18 Seeding (a) The pre-determined East and West Regions will be seeded independently of one another. (b) The teams in each region will be seeded as follows: (1) Seed all 1st place automatic berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system). NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be seeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams. (2) Seed all 2nd place automatic berths or conference tournament champions and at-large berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system). (c) Once seeding is complete: (1) Existing byes will be awarded to the highest seeds possible. (2) The higher seed is the home team unless otherwise determined by the NCHSAA.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Seeding procedures:
4.1.18 Seeding (a) The pre-determined East and West Regions will be seeded independently of one another. (b) The teams in each region will be seeded as follows: (1) Seed all 1st place automatic berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system). NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be seeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams. (2) Seed all 2nd place automatic berths or conference tournament champions and at-large berths by RPI rating (or other NCHSAA selected ranking system). (c) Once seeding is complete: (1) Existing byes will be awarded to the highest seeds possible. (2) The higher seed is the home team unless otherwise determined by the NCHSAA.
Ok so we can all see what is in the handbook now, now how do you explain my example of north Moore and still stand by your projection? Seems to me the “or” in “and/or”is what is used thus meaning what i said earlier would be accurate. If not then being an nchsaa media rep did you call Que and tell her she botched volleyball seeding and have you called high school ot to let them know they are wrong in their projections also?

Ok so we can all see what is in the handbook now, now how do you explain my example of north Moore and still stand by your projection? Seems to me the “or” in “and/or”is what is used thus meaning what i said earlier would be accurate. If not then being an nchsaa media rep did you call Que and tell her she botched volleyball seeding and have you called high school ot to let them know they are wrong in their projections also?
The projections change daily. I can't update 16 East/ West Boys and Girls daily. The RPI's change every hour. I have over 24,000 post and may be a media rep for 20 years but HighOT has nothing to do with me. As far as Que me telling her she botched something would be the same as you telling her! This will be my last post arguring with you. I moderate the basketball forum and don't have time for you anymore. Drop it. The brackets come out tomorrow and with all the scores coming in every hour things will change hourly.

I was at the game and didnt see any type of bench clearing event, unless it happened at the very end. I left a few minutes early

Last edited:
Hey Don-Bertie beat Washington County in the Conference tournament last night. Since both of them were co-conference champions doesn't that change the seeding for no. 1?

Mh333 I think you have to have a 0.500 record and be top 3. And since neither east nor west have 0.500 record they cant be listed as 1 seeds. I think rule states and/or but its actually and not or if that makes sense lol I remember going over this rule with Thomas Jeffersons conference in football.
Looking at last years playofs mh333 maybe right. The wording is confusing. I've read to different
ruless which is making it confusing. One says
*-Split conference with 2A schools — 1-seeds must have an overall win percentage of .500
or better to be seeded with the 1-seeds, or else be seeded with the 2s and wild-cards another says finishing third with not saying .500% record.

The wording is definitely confusing. The and/or was what we were trying to figure out all along. I've seen both rules also Don like you have. Appreciate all the predictions you do!

Reactions: Hon Dines
Is Bessemer city legit? Braves appear to be headed there way Tuesday.

Inconsistent but athletic. Too much 2 man game or iSO ball imo. Can be extremely lazy BUT on the flip side, #11 is legit when he’s on and again Athletic.

The Seeding rule that can deceive you:
NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or
3rd place overall and/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be
seeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams.

NOTE: The highest finishing team in its half of a split conference must finish in 1st, 2nd, or
3rd place overall (and)/or have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be
seeded as a #1. Otherwise, the team will be seeded with all other at-large teams.

3rd place overall and/(or) have an overall winning percentage of .500 or higher in order to be

Reactions: cimsies
No idea but projections are Goanna be pretty spot on the only thing was waiting for rpi to be finalized which they are.

Reactions: thekidd12
Anyone have any idea why it's taking so long on brackets?
It seems to me like it's been this way for the past few years. I don't mind it so much in Football where you have a week to make plans, but there's only three days in basketball. I'll be at home watching FHS, but I know that some people have some serious travel plans to make.

Is Bessemer city legit? Braves appear to be headed there way Tuesday.
Guard is going to Northern Kentucky. Also have a 6-7 kid who can play. Lost more games than people expected but three losses were to East Gaston—very good 2A from their split conference. I wouldn’t want to play any team that beat Shelby twice

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT