Yadkin Valley Conference predictions Week #8

RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
North Rowan @ Albemarle, North Rowan 49-13
West Montgomery @ Chatham Central, West Montgomery, 56-8
North Moore @ South Stanly, South Stanly, 35-12
North Stanly @ South Davidson, North Stanly 66-6

North Rowan annihilates Albemarle. West Montgomery crushes Chatham Central. South Stanly defeats North Moore. North Stanly stomps South Davidson.

Last week, 4-0 (1.000), overall, 30-10 (.750).

Why does North Rowan have to "Annihilate" Albemarle...? we haven't been annihilated all year o_O

I can't wait until ALB plays UP next year lol...

I believe the final score will be how long the Albemarle defense has to be on the field...If the offense can eat some clock the score will be close. If not the score could be ugly....

I would consider 30-18 as a moral victory, nipit...If there such a thing...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleehrat84
Why does North Rowan have to "Annihilate" Albemarle...? we haven't been annihilated all year o_O

I think it is a thesaurus type thing. His picks have stomped, jetted, whooped all year long sometimes in games where his predictions were within a TD of each other.

Gets your attention though doesn't it?

Kind of like when bulldog nation2014 picks AHS to win by a point every week. ;)

And, I look forward to that game if the good Lord willing, and the creeks don't rise ...

But getting back to N. Rowan, Albemarle hasn't faced anyone like North Rowan ... North Rowan clobbered North Moore, and Albemarle only beat NM, 6-0, therefore, I smell another beat down ... perhaps even an annihilation ...

... North Rowan clobbered North Moore, and Albemarle only beat NM, 6-0...

North Moore held the ball long enough for Helen Keller to see the light....:rolleyes:....but North Rowan beats SS by a point. One thing I know about football, is that some team (Just some) get better as the season goes along...and some teams start out hot and lose their fire towards the end. I have nothing but respect from North Rowan, but a school that big and couldn't win a State title in little ol 1A division says something....ask Monroe :cool:

I think it is a thesaurus type thing. His picks have stomped, jetted, whooped all year long sometimes in games where his predictions were within a TD of each other.

Gets your attention though doesn't it?

Kind of like when bulldog nation2014 picks AHS to win by a point every week. ;)

Just saying one of his losses was to Thomasville when I was the only one to pick AHS IJS

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
And, I look forward to that game if the good Lord willing, and the creeks don't rise ...

But getting back to N. Rowan, Albemarle hasn't faced anyone like North Rowan ... North Rowan clobbered North Moore, and Albemarle only beat NM, 6-0, therefore, I smell another beat down ... perhaps even an annihilation ...

Albemarle had two TD's on top of the 6 pne got called back for holding and the other smacked the receiver in the shoulder pad lol. That game was further apart than that.

Oh and Albemarle was missing their top 3 backs against north Moore. Our top back is still out but the other two will be playing tonight.

Malcolm Wilson rushing touchdown! North Rowan 41 Albemarle 7, 5:27 left in the game.

South got Our attention tonight leading North Moore 34-0 and that 1 point loss to North Rowan last week. They can play with Anybody

I called this game 47-6 North. Albemarle has improved, but still weak. Bottom of the conference is horrible again. South Stanly a shining turnaround, and will make for a huge ticket vs North Stanly. West Montgomery's stock is sinking. War drums pretty silent this year.

Y’all mofos crazy...like Bo said, Albemarle was gonna do what they’ve been doing since the beginning of the year....this was no measuring stick game. Best of wishes to NR

I called this game 47-6 North. Albemarle has improved, but still weak. Bottom of the conference is horrible again. South Stanly a shining turnaround, and will make for a huge ticket vs North Stanly. West Montgomery's stock is sinking. War drums pretty silent this year.
NM88 I always enjoy your post. What I find most interesting in this last post is that after one conference loss you deem our program as "sinking". We aren't any different than every other 1-A school in our state. The natural attrition just hit us harder this year, in that along with some very talented seniors we lost most of our coaching staff. Every small school suffers with graduation, it is just that most of the time we are better at dealing with that adjustment.

So I guess I am confused as to the nature of our program (stock is sinking) and the description of say a South Stanly as being a "turn around". So two
losses or near wins make you a turnaround? Are you counting the win against NM as part of that assessment?

It wasn't long ago that North Moore was said to be a turn around program and I think everyone knows that turnaround is over. I like Coach V. but let's face it his leadership was a lot better with the Mcphearson?? kid not sure sure of the name but that QB and then even the kid from FL, but now that the natural attrition that plagues us all (graduation) has hit, the Mustangs will be down for a while.

The Warriors will be just fine, like I said it happens to us as well we just have a few more options down our way. My friend while some of our fans may have bruised egos make no mistake about the war drums are warming up and I invite you down to Warrior Stadium on October 20th to take a listen, though I am sure you know the outcome so why make the trip.

We all love our teams and programs and that is the true beauty of this game. It brings together everyone. I will say that this conference season has the potential to be a really interesting one.

War Zone, I agree. No offense ever meant by any of my posts. Have loved high school football for 35 years. WM stock sinking only refers to a conf. Loss. West hasn't lost a conf. Game in what, 4, 5,6 years? Not counting forfeits. AS has a good, consistent team this year, as I told one West fan back in August at Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro. I felt NR would take first, and NS, SS, and WM duke it out for 2nd. Everybody else would fight over the doormat. The nature of the beast in high school football, especially at the 1A level, is the rise and fall of talent, experience, and good coaching. You lose them all eventually, but for most it comes sooner, just too few kids playing. The. War Drums aren't as loud this year, but that's a sign of growing, or adjusting. West will rebound faster than other programs. Programs like SD, CC, or NM will only have short spurts of success, but will remain pretty much nailed down in football. Albemarle is a interesting case. How will success at two other county schools affect their rebuilding? Will quality athletes jump ship to play on winning programs or will athletes return to the doghouse? Most interesting games left? I'd look at NR-WM, SS-NS, NS-NR, WM-SS. I think there's a good chance for a tie at the top, somebody with MR. Gut says NS or WM. No, won't make any more NM games. Saw them vs Albemarle and would have accomplished far more watching moss grow on the South side of a tree. I still think West should have gone after Coach V. Hate to lose him, but I like to see a coach grow. Now, if West loses to NM, you better hire him on the spot. Of course, the odds of that happening would require C-3POs assistance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT