ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC Week 12

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
AC Reynolds @ TC Roberson
Asheville @ West Henderson
Tuscola @ Erwin
North Henderson @ Enka (can NH stop their 29 game losing streak?)

Couple interesting games this week. TCR and West Henderson are battling for 2nd place as they are tied currently. If only one of those two lose the other would be 2nd and the one that loses would fall into a tie for third with the winner of Tuscola/Erwin game. If TCR and WH both lose there would be a 3 way tie for 2nd with TCR/WH/and the winner of Erwin/Tuscola. All this is important because the WMAC gets 3 automatic bids into the playoffs. Two of the 4 teams mentioned here are going to the playoffs for sure, just have to see which ones. I believe based on MaxPreps rankings that West Henderson, TCR, and North Buncombe are in with at least a wild card. I think Erwin/Tuscola will have to finish in the top three of the conference to see the playoffs.

With all that said here are my picks......
AC Reynolds by 24
West Henderson by 10
Erwin by 8
Enka by 3

ACR by 28
West by 14
Erwin by 7
North by 1 ( if my kids were misbehaving I would make them go watch this game as punishment )

Several games this week deciding seeding....I'm sure N Buncombe is going to be interested in the Erwin and Asheville games.

Several games this week deciding seeding....I'm sure N Buncombe is going to be interested in the Erwin and Asheville games.
I believe North Buncombe will be in the playoffs as a wildcard. They can't finish 3rd since they have 4 conference losses, but with 7 wins and a MaxPreps ranking of 50 (as of 10/28) I believe that will get them in.

I believe North Buncombe will be in the playoffs as a wildcard. They can't finish 3rd since they have 4 conference losses, but with 7 wins and a MaxPreps ranking of 50 (as of 10/28) I believe that will get them in.

I know Chase lost out on a play-off bid one year with a winning record, because they could not be placed as a WildCard/At Large Team ahead of a team in the conference until that team had been placed. Wouldn't Asheville and Erwin both hold head to head against NB? So if they won, Asheville and Erwin would have to get in before NB? I'm not saying they all won't get in, but I thought it could effect the seeding.

I know Chase lost out on a play-off bid one year with a winning record, because they could not be placed as a WildCard/At Large Team ahead of a team in the conference until that team had been placed. Wouldn't Asheville and Erwin both hold head to head against NB? So if they won, Asheville and Erwin would have to get in before NB? I'm not saying they all won't get in, but I thought it could effect the seeding.
You may be right, but I was under the impression that after the automatic bids were handed out the wild card teams are strictly from the MaxPreps rankings and NB is ahead of Erwin, Tuscola, and Asheville in those rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT