WMAC playoff picks....

BD Warrior

Sep 20, 2006
Asheville at Watauga
Erwin at A.L. Brown
Parkland at Reynolds
Tuscola at Jay M Robinson.

My picks...

Asheville 28 Watauga 24...I am going out on a limb here but I think this could be a upset in the making. Watauga only beat Roberson by 1 and they have had some close games. Never count Asheville out.

A.L. Brown 35 Erwin 24....I am proud of my Warriors and what they have accomplished after a rough start. They have finally learned how to play defense and they are very physical. That will make them a real player in the years to come. That being said, this is a tough one for them. Brown is a really good team with a very good defense. Erwin could definitely pull the upset the way they are playing but I am afraid this is the end of the road.

ACR 48 Parkland 14...Not much to see here. ACR will cruise and rest starters for rd 2.

Jay M Robinson 42 Tuscola 21....Tuscola is a good team but they got rattled pretty hard by Erwin. Going on the road to play a really good team will not help.

Good luck to all WMAC teams this week.....

Asheville at Watauga
Erwin at A.L. Brown
Parkland at Reynolds
Tuscola at Jay M Robinson.

My picks...

Asheville 28 Watauga 24...I am going out on a limb here but I think this could be a upset in the making. Watauga only beat Roberson by 1 and they have had some close games. Never count Asheville out.

A.L. Brown 35 Erwin 24....I am proud of my Warriors and what they have accomplished after a rough start. They have finally learned how to play defense and they are very physical. That will make them a real player in the years to come. That being said, this is a tough one for them. Brown is a really good team with a very good defense. Erwin could definitely pull the upset the way they are playing but I am afraid this is the end of the road.

ACR 48 Parkland 14...Not much to see here. ACR will cruise and rest starters for rd 2.

Jay M Robinson 42 Tuscola 21....Tuscola is a good team but they got rattled pretty hard by Erwin. Going on the road to play a really good team will not help.

Good luck to all WMAC teams this week.....

Acr 49 Parkland 21.

Asheville 28 Watauga 21 Could be wrong, but the speed advantage should in Asheville's favor. If they can get their players in space they should be able to score, and they should be physical enough to stop Watauga's option game.

Erwin 34 Brown 21

Just seems like 2 teams heading in opposite directions at the end of the year. Also Brown has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record this year. Don't get me wrong I think Brown should be the favorite, but they don't seem to be world beaters by any means.

Robinson 49 Tuscola 21

Acr 49 Parkland 21.

Asheville 28 Watauga 21 Could be wrong, but the speed advantage should in Asheville's favor. If they can get their players in space they should be able to score, and they should be physical enough to stop Watauga's option game.

Erwin 34 Brown 21

Just seems like 2 teams heading in opposite directions at the end of the year. Also Brown has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record this year. Don't get me wrong I think Brown should be the favorite, but they don't seem to be world beaters by any means.

Robinson 49 Tuscola 21

Going out on a limb I see. I hope you're right though. I hate picking against my Warriors but this is a really tough match up. That being said, they certainly could win the way they are playing. Win or lose I'm happy with what I see for the future. I'm still trying to figure out what they changed on defense after the Asheville game. It's like a different team. What do you think ehswarrior?

Probably confidence more than anything. Sure the coaches have had the chance to go in and fix some things, but its crazy how much better a confiden team will play.

Obviously the level of competition dropped a little, but that gives the coaches a chance to find different things that work.

Also the offense putting points on the board helps the defense tremendously. When the defense gets a chance to rest while the offense is moving the ball down the field. Top to bottom it's just a different team from the beginnng of the year.

I'm not so sure we have a speed advantage. I don't know what Watauga has, but this isn't a particularly fast Asheville team.... or big, smart, athletic etc compared to what we have had in years past. I think we can win, as most 8/9 matchups are toss ups, but we don't have one quality win this year so we are going to have to play nearly perfect this week to win up there to get one. Plus it will be cold. It seems almost unimaginable to think, but if these seniors don't win this week, almost all of them will finish their careers having never won a playoff game. That would be terrible.

It looks like Erwin has turned their season around the last 2 months after an 0-4 start. Although, as previously mentioned, the competition has dramatically dropped during the winning streak as well. Erwin's first 4 opponents have a combined record of 28-6. Their last 6 wins have been against teams that are a combined 23-44. AL brown is always tough. Asheville has had 2 barn burners with AL brown in the past and always matched us athlete for athlete. They have a proud tradition and will be the favorite. Erwin can win but needs to play really well and maybe win the turnover battle.

If you're a Reynolds fan, you have to like being 3aa with a solid team as a 2 seed. No possibility of Catholic, no havelock, no crest, no kings mountain, no Dudley, no Monroe, no Weddington. Of course we all don't have to face those teams either. Reynolds will roll in the first round.

The ACR / Parkland matchup should be a great game. Parkland and 2nd year coach has turned things around. 4 losses were to Marvin Ridge, Southwest Guilford, Dudley, Mt Tabor. None of their losses were blowouts. Rockets will have to play well to advance. Reynolds by 7

Watauga wins a tight one.

Erwin pulls the upset.

JMR rolls

Dudley beat Parkland 28-12, Marvin Ridge beat Parkland 31-19, SW Guilford beat Parkland 27-24. This game in no way will be a blowout. ACR has to come ready to play and play well to win this one. ACR by 7

Watauga by 10 (should be nice and chilly in Boone)

A.L. Brown by 8

J Robinson by 20

robinson by 21 over tuscola i think asheville n watauga is going to be tight watauga by 3 just because theyre at home i think erwin has a chance to upset brown erwin by 3 acr by 21 go green

Erwin had numerous chances late in the fourth quarter tonight but had a major breakdown on special teams and Brown took advantage of that and put the game out of reach. I'm definitely proud of the way Erwin turned their season around from earlier this year. Next year they could be a really good football team. Good luck to the rest of the wnc teams playing next week

Reynoldsrocks fellas, can yall update the haywood county section of gobiggreen? Please. Thanks. Love the website very well done. Very handy.

SWG may be the best or 2nd best team ACR has played. Game should be a great 1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT