ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Salem Journal All Northwest NC team

Yeah, a little surprised with some of the omissions. Is this chosen by the local coaches or just the WS Journal staff?

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Also what about Jackson Perrell, great year on both sides of the ball!!

Good point... I wonder if there was a limit on how many a coach could nominate.

Additionally, most of the teams in the Northwest don’t get a chance to see North or play ‘in common’ opponents. Minus Davie and Mt Tabor and perhaps Ledford and West Davidson.. Most of their other opponents belong to other newspaper areas.

There are so many good teams from all around. its hard to get everyone a nod.

Dang guys - this ain't the All North Davidson team. You guys had 3 players selected which looks to be 2nd only to East Forsyth. Lots of players get overlooked unfortunately. If what Sportsnut posted is true then part of the problem lies with the coaches. 21 coaches voted for All-Northwest! There is probably close to 75 coaches who are eligible to vote - either the Journal is not doing a good job promoting their product or there are a bunch of high school coaches in our area that don't care about All-Northwest.

Dang guys - this ain't the All North Davidson team. You guys had 3 players selected which looks to be 2nd only to East Forsyth. Lots of players get overlooked unfortunately. If what Sportsnut posted is true then part of the problem lies with the coaches. 21 coaches voted for All-Northwest! There is probably close to 75 coaches who are eligible to vote - either the Journal is not doing a good job promoting their product or there are a bunch of high school coaches in our area that don't care about All-Northwest.

True. Something else I thought about... If a coach decided to vote, he’d vote on a player he’s seen in some cases, but if not he very well go to stats, or just size. I can think of more than one lineman from the NW NC area who made the shine bowl based on his size. 6’4. 310lbs. 3rd best lineman on the squad. Shine Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT