ADVERTISEMENT

Wing t alive and well !

Yeah there was some discussions a few years back about could a running offense beat a team that runs spread and i think its been proven in a couple of cases that you can line up in wing t,t formation etc etc and win a state championship.....looking forward to watching that Tarboro T tonight

So much better football than the spread offense:) now I can be flamed to death but I love the old 3yard and a cloud of dust football
lol....this fall it would be "three yards and slop of mud"......terrible football season weatherwise this year......from hurricanes to downpours to cold weather to snowstorms................

I've watched WF run wing t and now Murphy running it like a machine. To me,no one runs it as good as my Bulldogs,but Murphy close.
Apparently you’ve never seen a Catholic game. They’ve been running it over forty years with six state championships. A lot longer than your Bullpups or the micro mites of Murphy. Double wing too.

Try again.

TL Hanna from SC. Impressive athletes and they run it well. Coach is a four or five time state champion in Georgia, one in 1A and the remainder in the largest classification.

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24 and dogs79
Apparently you’ve never seen a Catholic game. They’ve been running it over forty years with six state championships. A lot longer than your Bullpups or the micro mites of Murphy. Double wing too.

Try again.

Tarboro has run it forever as well.

WRH longer and seven for us ! I would love to see Catholic. Wing t ran right is a beautiful thing
I was at the Catholic Jacksonville game. I have watched WRH run the Wing-T my entire life. Catholic doesn’t come close to WRH. Nobody runs the guard trap like the Dogs. WRH is best Wing T team in state. IMO Scronce can coach Wing T better than anyone. It’s a machine.

I was at the Catholic Jacksonville game. I have watched WRH run the Wing-T my entire life. Catholic doesn’t come close to WRH. Nobody runs the guard trap like the Dogs. WRH is best Wing T team in state. IMO Scronce can coach Wing T better than anyone. It’s a machine.
Do you really believe for one second your Weebils would have done any better playing in a peat bog like we did Saturday at Kenan. Oh you forgot that part right? Stop fooling yourself.

Bring your version of Wing-T to our side of the aisle and we’ll show you how it’s done on a clean, dry field.

Reactions: beamer24
Do you really believe for one second your Weebils would have done any better playing in a peat bog like we did Saturday at Kenan. Oh you forgot that part right? Stop fooling yourself.

Bring your version of Wing-T to our side of the aisle and we’ll show you how it’s done on a clean, dry field.
Just my observation WRH runs a better Wing T. I’ve seen them run it in the rain and the mud and there isn’t much drop off at all if any. I think the lack of talent y’all have at running back could be a reason why it didn’t look as sharp as Wallace. Your line is big but not fast enough to run Wing T the right way.

Reactions: dogs79 and Otis4411

What this guy is really saying, that only under perfect conditions can CC a PRIVATE SCHOOL can run this offense better.

I'm a spread guy, but I like to watch different styles play against each other. Spread makes it easier to come from behind.

That said depending on my offensive talents and wanting to play on the next level, I may not want to play in that style of offense, especially if I'm over 6ft receiver or QB( or just like to throw or catch the ball). Depends on how much I'm utitilzed with given talents.

Reactions: dogs79

Try again.
As much as it pains me...I agree. I have watched CC run Wing T like a well oiled machine. Most impressive I have witnessed in person.

Just my observation WRH runs a better Wing T. I’ve seen them run it in the rain and the mud and there isn’t much drop off at all if any. I think the lack of talent y’all have at running back could be a reason why it didn’t look as sharp as Wallace. Your line is big but not fast enough to run Wing T the right way.

I have seen a few CC games this season. What they ran Saturday looked nothing like their normal offense. They did not run a single trap if I remember correctly. Between the hash marks the field was terrible. Guards moving and backs cutting was not a good mix. Straight ahead dives seemed to be the best plan.

I recommend folks to watch film of some of the different teams. Definitely include TL Hanna from SC 5A.

I have seen a few CC games this season. What they ran Saturday looked nothing like their normal offense. They did not run a single trap if I remember correctly. Between the hash marks the field was terrible. Guards moving and backs cutting was not a good mix. Straight ahead dives seemed to be the best plan.

I recommend folks to watch film of some of the different teams. Definitely include TL Hanna from SC 5A.
Duplincountytiger I think is right. Must not have the running backs. But I'll tell ya WRH O line beat everyone's d line they played. SWO probly did best. It's an absolute machine. That's all those kids have ever played,almost. Coach Shronce totally has got this offense as explosive as I've ever seen it. Has the players to run it,also. Keyshawn,JJ,Desmond,Pookie, Dalripple,Kanye, last 5 years. Fast,strong o line.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackbulldog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT