ADVERTISEMENT

Will Grier- Florida Gators

What if a player from Charlotte to USC or a player from Shelby or Asheville heads to Clemson is that alright?

Is it ok for a player from Murphy to attend Tennessee or a player from northeastern NC opts for Hampton instead of A&T?

Last edited:
Florida never recruited Davidson Day. Grier's father took the kid across the country to be seen Kool Aid? Damn put that helmet back on that soft spot on your head. Don't you have some cross dressing to do night Heels?

You are correct they traveled to several SEC and ACC schools and some further out visiting with the staffs and seeing the facilities on their own dime. The father played QB at ECU and the uncle played o line at NC State. Out of the in state schools he came away very impressed with the staff at Wake. Father would have liked him to go to ECU due to the connection but left it up to his son to decide where he wanted to go. His father's close childhood friends played at Wake and UNC. Coaches on the DD staff played at several schools.

When top recruits go visit schools the kids get some special treatment. Beautiful girls handle the tour of the facilities. Young men are mesmerized by the schools who give them the royal treatment.

Let's take Auburn for example: residence hall for football players have queen size one kid per room suites with nice decorative tile private showers. A common area with large screen TV, dining facilities just next door, nice kitchens in the suite, a pool, sofa, game room on each floor, and the building has a Birdseye view of the stadiums to watch events.

Compare that to UNC- Charlotte, Wake, Duke, App State, etc... This is how the game is played at big time football schools. The revenue a national championship teams brings back to their schools is tremendous. App State sticks their kids in the better suites but there is no comparison ( tiny twin beds, four to a suite, general population housing). My son's suite mates are football players at App State. One from Booker T Washington's 2013 National Champ team and the other a 6'6" 300lb lineman. Ever seen what a 6'6" 300 lb kid looks like in a twin dorm bed. Looks like a golden retriever coiled up on a doggy bed. Who wouldn't want a view overlooking a stadium?

for the most part these guys go where their coach sends them.
You're crazy. HS coaches do not send kids to certain schools. We promote the kids that can play at the next level. Kids and their parents decide where they go. NC schools can't compete with the football powerhouses of the SEC. Sad but true. And that isn't going to change anytime soon. Just get in your car and go visit any SEC schools football facilities, then go back and visit UNC. No comparison, and you have a good chance to WIN! HS coaches are busting their butts to win games and keep their job. Not shopping kids to schools!

So Heel yes help me out here- Mallard Creek

2010 Kevin Asante goes to VA TECH but Marquise Williams goes to UNC both had offers to both. Why does Palmieri send one out of state and keeps the other in state??

2011 DJ Humphries goes to Florida , Jamel Harbison goes to Minnesota, Jela Duncan goes to Duke. He only gets $$ for one when he could have gotten money for 3??

2012- Marquez North goes to Tenn but Brian Walker goes to UNC. Help me out?? Why does one kid stay in state, the other doesn't??

2013- Jaylen Samuels goes to NC STate but Ikeem Allen goes to Miami of Ohio?? Why does he keep Allen out of state if he could make all this $$

2014- Amari Henderson goes to Wake and Randy Sudyam stays at Charlotte. Did Palmieri not need any money last year??

Fact is your a idiot. You are troll boy. Zero proof of anything you spout out but just throw it out there and accuse coaches of acting in their own best interest instead of the kids .

Reactions: nepsy7
Let's take Auburn for example: residence hall for football players have queen size one kid per room suites with nice decorative tile private showers. A common area with large screen TV, dining facilities just next door, nice kitchens in the suite, a pool, sofa, game room on each floor, and the building has a Birdseye view of the stadiums to watch events.

Auburn has the Heisman Room where they only allow Five Star recruits to enter. It is pretty impressive.

You are right, going to a game at the power SEC schools is unreal. In the last few seasons I have been to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Mizzou, and Texas A&M. Been to games at all the SEC schools except for Vandy, Arkansas, and Kentucky although I have visited the facilities at Vandy and UKY (since remodeled). A&M's facilities are like a star wars craft and UNC is like a paper airplane. That is what some kids see, 80,000 plus going crazy and 40,000 with 24,000 spaces of silver metal.

Clemson, Florida State, and VA Tech are very much like SEC schools. Went to Notre Dame game at FSU last year and it was absolutely crazy. Great atmosphere. All three are great spots to go to a big game.

Looks like Florida may start Grier this Saturday against ECU.

Harris played the first three series last week and the last three with Grier playing the middle six. I think they are still trying to decide who they are going with. Do not believe it is done deal either way and if one is named it could become non permanent. Brings back memories of Terry Dean and Danny Wuerffel.

This is slightly off the subject but I will put it out here. Parents and advisors need to be careful when trying to put their kids in higher educational institutions. The football dream is a shifty road. Small privates don't get great athletes but do sell their product. Not all letter of intents amount to decent money for the cost of an education. If the dream is to get educated you most likely are better off getting financial aid and not spending 30 to 35 hours a week training and traveling to the football facilities. Football is a job alone, now add the class time and study needed.

When at each year's end if you still have a $7000 deficit you may want to reconsider the dream. State supported schools provide a better financial path without the burden of debt. For some reason the parent is either oblivious to reality or are living through the child. Small schools never make money nor break even on a football program. The football program is seen as an investment to boost enrollment.

I keep hearing parents or relatives telling anyone who will listen that their kid got a full scholarship for football when it isn't true. If your kid is a less than a stellar academic performer then maybe athletics is your ticket to getting accepted. But then again maybe it would be better advised you attend a community college and prove you can academically perform without a burden of debt. Just something to consider.

Florida did not look good Saturday vs East Carolina. East played poorly yet Florida struggled the entire game. The Florida coach ripped the team's performance and selfishness saying he will put a stop to such nonsense.

Both QBs had average performances. Grier under threw the long pass by ten yards, put the simple out swing throw in the dirt. I'm even less convinced Florida has the receivers to make either QB successful. Florida will take some butt whippings in the conference this year.

Florida has two impressive receivers. Grier had about six bad throws and a couple of really impressive bullets plus nice touch on some wheel routes. Lost a TD on a questionable O pass interference. Do not think he put himself in the guaranteed number one QB position.

Thought the announcers and the cameras were subpar for the game but I think that was an SEC telecast so kind of getting the B team.

I think the expectations outside of Gainesville are not that high for this year. This may take a few more games to play out.

He has a lot more experience since he played last year. At times Grier looked really good but then he had a few really bad throws.

Grier looks pretty good tonight kid is a pretty good athlete. i wish him well. these kids don't owe in state schools anything. NC school might need to work harder in the recruiting game. Tonight the gators have J. Bullard, A. Mc Allister and Grier (NC kids) all making big time contributions. I'm just glad they are going somewhere and not on the streets wasting their talent.

Reactions: daviekid
Watched the game from Chapel Hill today. When they took shots of the stands there were so many empty seats I thought maybe they closed off half the stadium. Then I flipped over to Tennessee and Western Carolina and Knoxville was packed and hopping.

Don't want to hear how they should stay home when they get a chance to play in an atmosphere like that even against a terrible opponent. By the way..Mosley, Tuttle, North. They all seem to be doing well out of state.

SEC conference play is coming up. The cupcakes will end. The real test for Harris and Grier will is beginning. I haven't seen anything promising about Florida on offense that leads me to believe they are in the top half of the conference, meaning entire conference. I think the coach knows this and thats why the QB situation has yet to be decided.

Will Grier will be taking all the snaps against Tenn. this weekend. Harris is suspended for one game for breaking a team rule.

Grier took every snap last week at Kentucky and was listed as the starter for this game on Monday. This sets Harris back further.

I think Will Grier showed some poise today with the comeback and going 5 for 5 on 4th down passes. He might have won the job after this performance.

Blue and Gold I thought the same thing when I seen the place going crazy. Bullard looked good also.

If history proves true he eventually rides the bench in obscurity as most high profile NC recruits do when they leave the state.

Way to go high school coaches.

Heel Yes... Once again your spot on with your analysis. 24-29 271 yards and 4TD's as he takes down the number #3 team in the country. I kept looking for him on the bench and yet there is was dropping dimes and leading Florida to a 5-0 start in front of 100,000 Gator Fans in the Swamp.

He should definitely had stayed in state and played at Wake in front of 30,000 or Duke in front of maybe 25K today. Your plan was much better....

Reactions: nepsy7
Yeah he made the worst mistake of his life. What a dummy! LMAO! It was his decision and right now it looks like the right one. If NC schools want to keep the Grier's, and Bullard's of the world they need to pick-it up. It's that simple!

Heel Yes... Once again your spot on with your analysis. 24-29 271 yards and 4TD's as he takes down the number #3 team in the country. I kept looking for him on the bench and yet there is was dropping dimes and leading Florida to a 5-0 start in front of 100,000 Gator Fans in the Swamp.

He should definitely had stayed in state and played at Wake in front of 30,000 or Duke in front of maybe 25K today. Your plan was much better....
AMEN!!!!!!!!

Grier's father played QB at ECU and his uncle OL at NC State. Both of them were involved in his recruitment and he had lengthy discussion with the Big 4 schools and ECU. He really like Wake's staff (Grobe was still there) and what they showed him. None of the five FBS schools were on solid ground when he was selecting a college. UNC was in total disarray, NC State and Wake were in the process of a coaching change, and ECU was not on solid footing yet with their staff. Duke also had some questions but I am sure if he had selected Duke a few posters would complain because he did not go with a public school.

Go where you want to go, it is your life and decision. It is not an 18 years old job to make 50 year old cheerleaders happy about their college decision.

Last edited:
Go where you want to go, it is your life and decision. It is not an 18 years old job to make 50 year old cheerleaders happy about their college decision.

Great post!!!!

Reactions: Al4Pack
He was definitely having a good season. This was not very smart on his part.

He was definitely having a good season. This was not very smart on his part.

There could be a good reason as to why he was having a good season.

He has put on 32 lbs of muscle since enrolling in jan of 2014. Even for an athlete that is very hard to do.

a5db3f877ec571e503b4a427aba455fd.jpg

Good comparison. Adult responsible for teaching and mentoring kids putting other people at risk with his decision and a 20 year old who risks only his own health.

As usual, right on point

32 pounds in 22 months for a 19 year old that was rather skinny is not out of the question by any means. I have watched players put on more at both higher and lower weights there first year or so at school. His father and uncle are both big guys and they are all tall. He struggled to put on weight in high school.

The illegal substance has been reported as ligandrol which can be purchased in nutrition stores and on line. 365 days seems a little extreme for something we can buy at the store. Regardless, he should have cleared it with the medical staff.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Tango, that is a lot of muscle mass and as the test proved it was way more than natural.

Tango, that is a lot of muscle mass and as the test proved it was way more than natural.

He was super skinny and always has been. Have watched huge weight gains on kids their first year at school especially early enrollees. Look at the linemen, they often gain huge amounts. Some skill players do also. Very dependent on the body makeup when they get there. Grier had no where to go but up.

With the juice

There has been nothing reported regarding the use of steriods. When a student athlete fails a drug test they are given the results. The item reported as illegal by NCAA rules is a supplement you or I can go out and purchase or order through Amazon among other on line sites.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT