ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcat and other Richlands faithful

TD Pass

Nov 27, 2008
I saw something tonight that made me proud of the Wildcats and as I East Duplin fan, you will probably never hear me say that again lol.

Anyways, I got off late from work and knew I wouldn't make it for the East Duplin game before kickoff, so me and a buddy decided to head to Deep Run and watch Richlands take on South Lenoir. It was a beating in favor of Richlands. I think the finally score was 33-0. Things even got a little chippy before the game was over. After the game was over, the players and coaches shook hands and they both huddled on opposing sides of tbe field. Richlands finished their speech first and headed for the buses. As South Lenoir finished their huddle and headed for the locker room, 10 to 15 Wildcats met them and talked with them and praised them for playing hard.

This gives me hope in high school football. After dragging a team all night long, the Wildcats had the willingness to meet up with South Lenoir players and compliment them and shake their hands once again even though they weren't required to. I'm not sure what the Wildcat coaching staff is doing, but they are doing it right and other teams could learn from it. That degree of sportsmanship at this level of play just blew my mind. You don't often see moments like that.

Kudos to the Richlands coaching staff. I'm proud of what yall are instilling in those young men.

Last edited:
Richlands has a lock on how it feels to be on the loosing end of games. I get what your saying and it was great sportsmanship that was displayed, but come in it's Richlands, and I can promise that Jacksonville,white oak,Havelock, and who ever else is in that conference will not be talking after the game about how hard they played. Good job Richlands in showing class. I know they are hoping someone shows them that courtesy very soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT