ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the top teams for the 2A boys in the west?

Salisbury has double digit wins over some good programs (Robinson, Thomasville, Grimsley). Only 2 losses were close ones to private schools. Wake signee Juke Harris averaging 30+.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
CVAC looks pretty strong…it’s early though

Bandys, Lincolnton, West Caldwell, Maiden

This ought to be a fun season to watch in conference play at least.

We’ll see.
Good to see Bandys "somewhat" having a little success this early season. They have benefited from a very, very weak schedule. Patton was a solid win, but hey aren't anything to write home about. I think the CVAC is terrible in basketball this season, which will give the Trojans some much needed wins this season. Lincolnton is a one man show (which can/will be stopped) West Caldwell is down this year, and Maiden is well, Maiden. Only competition for them this year will be Lincolnton. Best of luck to the Trojans as it should be a Conference Championship for them. I don't know this but I would say the last time the boys won a conference championship would have have to be in the 90's when they were actually a basketball school. IDK that for sure but its been awhile.

Seen West Caldwell and Lincolnton both and both can be good this year… And West could be getting an additional piece to add to the puzzle but how will it affect the team they have already??

Good to see Bandys "somewhat" having a little success this early season. They have benefited from a very, very weak schedule. Patton was a solid win, but hey aren't anything to write home about. I think the CVAC is terrible in basketball this season, which will give the Trojans some much needed wins this season. Lincolnton is a one man show (which can/will be stopped) West Caldwell is down this year, and Maiden is well, Maiden. Only competition for them this year will be Lincolnton. Best of luck to the Trojans as it should be a Conference Championship for them. I don't know this but I would say the last time the boys won a conference championship would have have to be in the 90's when they were actually a basketball school. IDK that for sure but its been awhile.
I disagree. Patton is a decent squad and Maiden has won a lot of games already. Bandys is ranked highly in 2A so far.

I disagree. Patton is a decent squad and Maiden has won a lot of games already. Bandys is ranked highly in 2A so far.
Nothing to disagree with as I said Patton was a solid win...Maiden, like most a Catawba County Schools, plays a weak nonconference schedule. The only two teams Maiden has play worth a hoot is North Lincoln and Patten...both double digit losses. Bandys is ranked high because of their 8-0 record, not because they go out and play a tough schedule and win. Their conference will set them up for failure in the playoffs. I hope not, but it will. This will be a good year for Bandys to rack up some W's as its been a while since that has happened. Again, I'm rooting for the Trojans, but wish they would go play some tougher, nonconference games to see how good they really are. Best of luck.

Nothing to disagree with as I said Patton was a solid win...Maiden, like most a Catawba County Schools, plays a weak nonconference schedule. The only two teams Maiden has play worth a hoot is North Lincoln and Patten...both double digit losses. Bandys is ranked high because of their 8-0 record, not because they go out and play a tough schedule and win. Their conference will set them up for failure in the playoffs. I hope not, but it will. This will be a good year for Bandys to rack up some W's as its been a while since that has happened. Again, I'm rooting for the Trojans, but wish they would go play some tougher, nonconference games to see how good they really are. Best of luck.
I’ll always defer to you when it comes to roundball…but just wanted you to know….Maiden’s 2 losses…2 key players didn’t play. I’m not saying it would’ve mattered…I’m just simply sharing…so you are well informed as you keep us updated on your thoughts on the CVAC basketball season.

Go! Trojans!😉

I’ll always defer to you when it comes to roundball…but just wanted you to know….Maiden’s 2 losses…2 key players didn’t play. I’m not saying it would’ve mattered…I’m just simply sharing…so you are well informed as you keep us updated on your thoughts on the CVAC basketball season.

Go! Trojans!😉
Key players do make a huge difference. I hope Maiden can/will have a great year. Always fun when Maiden and Bandys are good in the round ball as well.

Key players do make a huge difference. I hope Maiden can/will have a great year. Always fun when Maiden and Bandys are good in the round ball as well.
I'll double down on what Creek said...when your best rebounder/scorer doesn't play it hurts. Those 2 kids were our height as well...makes a huge difference. I think we would have won those games.

I'll double down on what Creek said...when your best rebounder/scorer doesn't play it hurts. Those 2 kids were our height as well...makes a huge difference. I think we would have won those games.
I heard the stud defensive tackle played his heart out in their absence.

Kinda like Charles Barkley playing pasture ball!😂….he was selected as “player of the game” by the team as well.

Good stuff.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Ashbrook 72 Bandys 69

Final

Trojans played the Green Wave tough…Lincolnton did too.

Rams won 76-64 ... first loss for Farmville Central ... next up is private school power Concord Cannon, led by 6-5 four-star senior Austin Swartz, a University of Miami signeee

Cooper Flagg's team beat them by 40 Reidsville should be able to compete
Reidsville can compete and win. I don't really have a dog in the fight. Montverde Academy is on another level. MA came up here and beat PVI and plays Gonzaga next which are two of the top teams every year in the country.

Wolves defeat Bandys on the road by a score of 77-59. The Wolves will host the West Caldwell Warriors tomorrow night for a showdown between the two best teams in the conference.

Go Wolves!

Wolves defeated West Lincoln last night by a score of 61-38, with what I counted to be only 8 available players. Freshman sensation LJ Smith seems to be dealing with some sort of injury and did not play.

West Caldwell finishes second and Lincolnton finishes third with Mr. Smith on IR down the stretch. It seems that Bandys is still searching for those much needed wins…. Not too bad for a one man show!

West Caldwell finishes second and Lincolnton finishes third with Mr. Smith on IR down the stretch. It seems that Bandys is still searching for those much needed wins…. Not too bad for a one man show!
Happy with 3rd? Better be glad Lincolnton picked up all those early wins with him or it would have been a 5-6 place. Bandys placed out where they should have in a weak conference this year. I thought they had a chance early but same ole Bandys. To slow and not enough athletes. I was, however, impressed with Maiden. A couple of games here and there and they have a chance of winning it all. Should be fun to see how the CVAC fairs in playoffs but I’m not too optimistic . If they do well, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong.

I'm uncertain about Patton's chances in the postseason. They will set a school record for wins with one more victory and they should get a good seed for the playoffs, with at least three home games if they keep winning. The farthest the Panthers have ever advanced is the third round, which was a few years ago and I expect them to have good fan support at home. But I have questions about their depth and I'm not sure the pieces have come together like I expected they might earlier this year.

Coach Brittain announced his retirement effective at the end of this season, which will give them something extra to play for, so they will be dangerous. He's done really good things with that program and a private school should look to hire him to coach, if he wants to keep doing that in retirement. They're a scrappy bunch and all their losses have been close, but I will have to wait to see how the draw plays out and what matchups might be coming for them before I can start to think about how far they might advance.

I'm uncertain about Patton's chances in the postseason. They will set a school record for wins with one more victory and they should get a good seed for the playoffs, with at least three home games if they keep winning. The farthest the Panthers have ever advanced is the third round, which was a few years ago and I expect them to have good fan support at home. But I have questions about their depth and I'm not sure the pieces have come together like I expected they might earlier this year.

Coach Brittain announced his retirement effective at the end of this season, which will give them something extra to play for, so they will be dangerous. He's done really good things with that program and a private school should look to hire him to coach, if he wants to keep doing that in retirement. They're a scrappy bunch and all their losses have been close, but I will have to wait to see how the draw plays out and what matchups might be coming for them before I can start to think about how far they might advance.
I don't see them going that far. They don't have a lot of athleticism and will struggle with teams who do.

2a west Boys seeding as of today.

1. Reidsville
2. Salisbury
3. Newton Conover
4. Lincoln Charter
5. Patton
6. Randleman
7. Shelby
8. North Surry
9. Monroe
10. North Stanly
11. West Stokes
12. West Caldwell
13. Walkertown
14. PLP
15. Hendersonville
16. Surry Central
17. Lincolnton
18. Maiden
19. Trinity
20. Bandys
21. CSD
22. Morehead
23. Lexington
24. Brevard
25. East Gaston
26. East Rutherford
27. Burns
28. North Wilkes
29. East Surry
30. West Stanly
31. Forest Hills
32. Madison

I think all the champions have been determined except the Catawba Shores conference. We still don’t know if it will be Lincoln Charter or Pine Lake Prep. That conference does have a tournament and I think whoever advances the furtherest between the two will go in as a number one.

There is still a lot of basketball to be played yet!

Good luck y’all. 😉

BTW…I put Lincoln Charter as a 1 because they have a higher RPI.

I don't see them going that far. They don't have a lot of athleticism and will struggle with teams who do.
Right now, Maiden Creek has them with a second-round matchup against W. Caldwell, which would be a tough one for them. They might still overtake Lincoln Charter in RPI, which would move them up to the fourth seed and let them play Walkertown instead and then host Lincoln Charter in the third round. But after that would be the long trip to Reidsville...

Right now, Maiden Creek has them with a second-round matchup against W. Caldwell, which would be a tough one for them. They might still overtake Lincoln Charter in RPI, which would move them up to the fourth seed and let them play Walkertown instead and then host Lincoln Charter in the third round. But after that would be the long trip to Reidsville...
Walkertown will not be an easy win. They are scrappy and shoot the ball well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT