ADVERTISEMENT

Who stands a chance to beat these two schools in 2017

Those home games will be packed, those schools usually bring a good fan base locally, even though West and Central have been terrible lately.

Reactions: swett2victory
Fair weather fans, same as Lexington. Tville used to be packed every Friday and traveled very well. I specifically remember when they would travel to Davie County and there would be as many fans on the away side as home, in a 1A vs 4A matchup. Granted, some of those fans may not have been from Tville, just bandwagon fans while they dominated 1A ball.

Fair weather fans, same as Lexington. Tville used to be packed every Friday and traveled very well. I specifically remember when they would travel to Davie County and there would be as many fans on the away side as home, in a 1A vs 4A matchup. Granted, some of those fans may not have been from Tville, just bandwagon fans while they dominated 1A ball.
Thats what every community wants......a fan base.
The way this is eliminated is when a team begins the "Bad record" era. Fans disappear and you never see that hype ever again - Home or abroad

Thats what every community wants......a fan base.
The way this is eliminated is when a team begins the "Bad record" era. Fans disappear and you never see that hype ever again - Home or abroad

And it usually doesn't happen over night, happens over a couple of years. I have no fact to back it, but also willing to bet that the decline starts with an administration change.

You're right, to a point. As with most schools, Thomasville has some fair weather fans. But mostly, it started with an administration change.
The former superintendent basically ran Coach Brown off by simply totally ignoring him. Since then, we have had two coaches, two superintendents and two interim superintendents. Many people tried hard to support the new coaches and administrators. But as one mistake after another was made in the system, many lifelong fans have given up hope of having an athletic program and school that reflects their values.
The whole system is spiraling downward and is unlikely to change direction any time soon.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
It truly is sad. I hope you guys can get things turned around; it starts at the top and filters down.

What is that? Never heard of it before...lol.
giphy.gif

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
What is that? Never heard of it before...lol.
Definitions of abroad:
1: beyond the boundaries of one's country : in or to a foreign country traveling abroadhopes to study abroad next yearboth at home and abroada family that came herefrom abroad [=from a foreign country] several years ago

2: over a wide area :widelywolves venturing abroad in increasing numbers

3: old-fashioned: away from one's home doesn't go walking abroad at night

There you go 72.

Hope that helped. ;)

Definitions of abroad:
1: beyond the boundaries of one's country : in or to a foreign country traveling abroadhopes to study abroad next yearboth at home and abroada family that came herefrom abroad [=from a foreign country] several years ago

There you go 72.

Hope that helped. ;)
lol
YALL KNOW WHAT i MEANT

STOP PICKING ON ME

Definitions of abroad:

There you go 72.

Hope that helped. ;)

No...."bad record era"...that's what I need the definition of. We've never heard of that in Shelby. :D

Oh...

Guess you don't go to any baseball games huh?

Baseball? This is a football forum, but since you asked...
We have never claimed to be a baseball force with our high school team.
But Shelby annually shares a top national amateur baseball stage with only two other cities, Westport and Omaha.
Shelby High also has the finest baseball complex of any high school in North Carolina.
With the hosting of the American Legion World Series, a case could be made that the best high school level baseball teams in the country play their final championship games on the Shelby High School field.
ESPN thinks so.
They broadcast them.
Not bad for a 2A town.

Baseball? This is a football forum, but since you asked...
We have never claimed to be a baseball force with our high school team.
But Shelby annually shares a top national amateur baseball stage with only two other cities, Westport and Omaha.
Shelby High also has the finest baseball complex of any high school in North Carolina.
With the hosting of the American Legion World Series, a case could be made that the best high school level baseball teams in the country play their final championship games on the Shelby High School field.
ESPN thinks so.
They broadcast them.
Not bad for a 2A town.
I KNOW it is a football forum.

You guys never come over to baseball so...

Mountain to Muhammad?

I know, I know you have a fine baseball complex. Seen it. Been there.

Just hate you guys don't perform better in springtime. Well a lot of teams would take 15 wins I guess...Heck y'all get that in football every year.

But that is combining last 3 seasons for Shelby High baseball so...

At least you have a fine complex. :cool:

Oh a lot of those players on legion teams that make it there already in college. Older Legion teams tend to be most successful.

Poston might get offers before its ova (6'2 190 Safety), Dorian Davis got alotta potential n hes taking visits,we have the younger hollifield,big bubba (6'5 350 sophomore)...I say we have 5-6 potential D1 players on defense this year

Poston might get offers before its ova (6'2 190 Safety), Dorian Davis got alotta potential n hes taking visits,we have the younger hollifield,big bubba (6'5 350 sophomore)...I say we have 5-6 potential D1 players on defense this year
I would like to see Bubba around 305 or less.

I want North to play Shelby. Rematch of 1975 wnchsaa co-champs... Shelby may beat us but it would be good football.

Right? Sometimes tiebreakers were held based on total yardage or first downs, bit it took forever to make overtime a thing...

Oh man dont get them started.....to speak of such things is blasphemy......i always felt football is a crazy sport and upsets happen i mean look at the super bowl 28-3 a couple mins left in the 3rd.....but not up here right now Shelby is already the 4A,3AA/3A 2AA/2A State Champ......everyone else is playing for 2nd
Shelby made a believer out of me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT