ADVERTISEMENT

Who stands a chance to beat these two schools in 2017

swett2victory

Aug 28, 2010
Cocoa Beach, Florida
NC-state.jpg

Who will knock out Shelby or Reidsville

----- BREAK -----

I still remember John A. Holmes beating Southwest Edgecombe 46-13. I thought S.E stood a chance, but I was wrong

Last edited:
Who will knock out Shelby or Reidsville

----- BREAK -----

I still remember John A. Holmes beating Southwest Edgecombe 46-13. I thought S.E stood a chance, but I was wrong
With South Point, North Davidson, and others moving down to the 2A ranks and barring injuries, I feel that we will be back in small 2A, where we will meet and smack Reidsville, opened-handedly style, in November. Otherwise, look out for South Point, who will be without a doubt, 2AA, and a force to be reckoned with.

I've also read things about North Davidson on here, they sound very much like a formidable opponent, too.

Last edited:
With South Point, North Davidson, and others moving down to the 2A ranks and barring injuries, I feel that we will be back in small 2A, where we will meet and smack Reidsville, opened-handedly style, in November. Otherwise, look out for South Point, who will be without a doubt, 2AA, and a force to be reckoned with.

I've also read things about North Davidson on here, they sound very much like a formidable opponent, too.

ND will be a 2AA school, playing with big 3A or small 4A numbers this year. New school, Oak Grove not going to have but 9 and 10th grade first year. ND has always had a strong 4A program so should be in the fight at the end.

Reactions: Lion Attack

Wish we would have met last year. But I agree hope we meet in november, or who knows decemberm

Reactions: Lion Attack
Wallace Rose has athletes but they need to progress to the spread if they want to beat the elites imo.

Oops, I was referring to this comment in the previous. Still proud of you, Hitman(wing)T!

Reidsville has a few holes to fill this year. But still should have a good team this year

Reidsville has a few holes to fill this year. But still should have a good team this year

What holes? I know the secondary might be a question mark,but I'd figure everything else would be just about covered, unless some guys aren't playing this year.

South Columbus Stallions will make some noise this year. Will be a player in the title race.

The east has good teams. But I think the jury is still out on whether a east team can win 2a or 2aa.

I guess we will see. Reidsville isn't a joke (not saying we make it to states)
I understand they aren't but the majority is already writing the East off before the boys have even strapped the pads on. I'm a JK fan but I'll be the first to say Wallace Rose Hill is no joke and has a legit shot to do it.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I understand they aren't but the majority is already writing the East off before the boys have even strapped the pads on. I'm a JK fan but I'll be the first to say Wallace Rose Hill is no joke and has a legit shot to do it.

You gotta understand most west guys look at our type of football played out East as obsolete/inferior......how dare we even dream of standing toe to toe with the Elites

You gotta understand most west guys look at our type of football played out East as obsolete/inferior......how dare we even dream of standing toe to toe with the Elites
Don't understand why it is looked at that way. Some of the best coaches in the state are from the east

Don't understand why it is

Partly because the style of play...most teams out east are run oriented smashmouth type teams with the exception of teams like Wallace Rose-Hill and James Kenen who strength is still the run but have thrown it alot more in the last couple years......pretty much the consensus is you cant be one dimensional and win a State Championship........So teams like Clinton,East Duplin,South Columbus,Wallace,East Bladen,Southwest Onslow,James Kenen etc etc wont get much respect or credit from guys out west despite the past/current success these teams have had

Partly because the style of play...most teams out east are run oriented smashmouth type teams with the exception of teams like Wallace Rose-Hill and James Kenen who strength is still the run but have thrown it alot more in the last couple years......pretty much the consensus is you cant be one dimensional and win a State Championship........So teams like Clinton,East Duplin,South Columbus,Wallace,East Bladen,Southwest Onslow,James Kenen etc etc wont get much respect or credit from guys out west despite the past/current success these teams have had
That's a shame. And yes it is evident teams are spreading it out a lot more around here. I guess it takes a superior team to line up and run it down the oppositions throat.

Not in the same class, just like in 2016. Decent team though

How many games did you attend just curious how you came to that conclusion?.......im sorry all bias aside that was a damn good Clinton team last year you dont finish 13-1 being decent seems like a slap in the face to a outstanding group of young men and coaches that had a great season and worked their tails off

Last edited:
How many games did you attend just curious how you came to that conclusion?.......im sorry all bias aside that was a damn good Clinton team last year you dont finish 13-1 being decent seems like a slap in the face to a outstanding group of young men and coaches that had a great season
I think personally Clinton could have given Shelby a run for their money last year. Shame NS Jax got hot when they did

That's a shame. And yes it is evident teams are spreading it out a lot more around here. I guess it takes a superior team to line up and run it down the oppositions throat.

I dont care i still love it...smashmouth football 3 yards and a cloud of dust....getting home before 10 on Friday nights......out west its only halftime lol

Reactions: swett2victory
I think personally Clinton could have given Shelby a run for their money last year. Shame NS Jax got hot when they did

Oh man dont get them started.....to speak of such things is blasphemy......i always felt football is a crazy sport and upsets happen i mean look at the super bowl 28-3 a couple mins left in the 3rd.....but not up here right now Shelby is already the 4A,3AA/3A 2AA/2A State Champ......everyone else is playing for 2nd

Reactions: DuplinCountyTiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT