ADVERTISEMENT

WHO IS THE BEST IN WEST?

I've seen Murphy and Swain play in playoffs some years ago in Whiteville. Murphy kicked Whiteville but. 3 Rd round and I liked their style play
Hard nose coach too.

I've seen Murphy and Swain play in playoffs some years ago in Whiteville. Murphy kicked Whiteville but. 3 Rd round and I liked their style play
Hard nose coach too.
Murphy has never played Whiteville in football, must have them confused with another SMC team.

Murphy did play Whiteville in the 1A baseball state championship in 2017 though.

Mt. Airy's RPI will continue to drop and will be no better than 3, could be as low as 5. Therefore, somebody besides The Granite Bears must certainly be NUMBER 1 in the West. I am sure of it.
Sorry sir. Couldn’t like, laugh, or curse at this post. RPI is the best we have right now but doesn’t always have the best team first…
But usually in the top four at the least right? 😜

Aren't you back over on the Eastern boards. You still waiting for Phil Padgett to come back and coach?
Well since he died a few years ago, don't think he's coming back to coach smart guy. But keep talking shit about a man who passed away from a brutal battle with cancer tough guy

Well since he died a few years ago, don't think he's coming back to coach smart guy. But keep talking shit about a man who passed away from a brutal battle with cancer tough guy
Oh what I'm really doing is talking shit about your wussy ass. Don't you stay over there where you belong. Are you going to change your name again and become someone else. We got enough of that over here. But I didn't talk shit about Phil Padgett. The fumanda he sweated daily was better than you.

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
Mt. Airy's RPI will continue to drop and will be no better than 3, could be as low as 5. Therefore, somebody besides The Granite Bears must certainly be NUMBER 1 in the West. I am sure of it.
While sarcastic, that is an interesting thought about seeding. If Mt. Airy were to drop to the 4th seed, they would get the 29th, 13th, 5th, and 1 seed to make it to the championship game if seeds held(rarely do be cause of how they give all conference champs a top seed). That 13th seed would likely be a WHC or SMC 2nd or 3rd place team (good team). The next game would be either a North Rowan/Draughn 5th seed or 12th seed (again a Starmount or 2nd place SMC/WHC team). Then 1 seed. While that would be a tougher path that could produce more opportunity for injuries, it would definitely be some good football games to watch, ramp up the the competition and answer this thread question definitively. I would personally like to see that.

Sorry sir. Couldn’t like, laugh, or curse at this post. RPI is the best we have right now but doesn’t always have the best team first…
But usually in the top four at the least right? 😜
I did not know that!! A poll or ranking that does not even try to identify the best actual team to be Number 1. I am shocked.
But then maybe the real objective of such a poll/ranking would be to help give HOPE to teams from weaker but equal conferences. I can understand that. I guess.

I did not know that!! A poll or ranking that does not even try to identify the best actual team to be Number 1. I am shocked.
But then maybe the real objective of such a poll/ranking would be to help give HOPE to teams from weaker but equal conferences. I can understand that. I guess.
You sir are a fun read. 👍

Rpi is meant to identify the best I believe but it fails. That's what I been screaming for 3 years.

Rpi is meant to identify the best I believe but it fails. That's what I been screaming for 3 years.
I understand your point. Doesn’t always pick SC out however if you look at most of the brackets from last couple of years seeds have held pretty close to way RPI ended up. The top four in each classification quite often is represented in SC. I like it because it takes away “eye test” from the equation. It’s just numbers without someone’s secret sauce. But others like the sauce. It’s fine either way except, like me, you don’t want to travel if you don’t have to…😂

Here's my issue. All rankings have MA sos around mid 20s. RPI has Their Owp and Oowp much closer to the top.

Reactions: thekidd12
I would suggest we go to a system where we just put the qualifying teams' names in a hat and pull them out from beginning to end. Would that not take away the problems with RPI's, smoke filled backroom selections and not worry about the "eye candy" reviews of sport writers or coaches? Or fans.

If we are not going to even try to get it correct, why not make it truly random. After all, while nobody wants to "travel", I am pretty sure the State Championship is going to be decided on the field, any field, Mt Airy does not care what Field. I am pretty sure.

And another suggestion would be to play the playoff games at a Eastern West site and at a Western West site. Say Catawba U or Lenoir Rhyne as Eastern West and maybe Mars Hill U as the West Western site. Then select Davidson or UNC Charlotte as the West Regional Championship. Do the same for the East Regional, Everybody travels but not so far until the end.

See how easy that was. All problems solved.

Here's my issue. All rankings have MA sos around mid 20s. RPI has Their Owp and Oowp much closer to the top.
And see the problem I have with rankings is SOS related. Who knows how good those teams are until after the season is over and you can see how far teams did or didn’t go? That’s the subjective part I hate about Maxpreps. And ER usually near the top of most SOS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT