ADVERTISEMENT

Who can beat Mallard Creek?

Spoke to a few folks that have watched MC practice. They said the eye test is off the charts and they look scary good. I am hearing much further along at this than last year, not even close. They need to make a statement for NC in the two out of state games!!! Dominating those teams will be a positive for every team and player in NC. Go Mavs.

Heard the 2017 Mallard Creek team wont be much of a drop off from this year's team

Heard the 2017 Mallard Creek team wont be much of a drop off from this year's team
You are correct. I believe a majority of their OL is 2017 and they have the most physically impressive offensive line I have ever seen.

I loved watching him play, but if you are the #3 ranked pro-style QB recruit in the country and the returning starter of an undefeated 4AA reigning state champion...well, ummm...stay eligible? I dunno, maybe that line of thinking is just me.

I feel you hokie, but Im sure he is not the first young man to ever be lured by the temptation of women. Oh well that was 5 years ago and we still won the state championship undefeated year, so time for the butler faithful to let it go lol. It would have been interesting to see that team with him playing though. Most think 2012 was better than 2010 but I have a feeling that opinion might be a little different if Lemay played his senior year.

To really get ESPN to look at us we do need a team to be in the top 25 more than just 1 year. If Mallard Creek ends up in the top 15 nationally next year it could be a real possiblity.
I say that because I have a relative who works in the sports television industry and that came from him. The reason St Thomas, Booker T, Hoover etc are on TV is because they've been nationally ranked for years.
Plus the state doesn't allow live games to be shown on TV which will probably keep ESPN away.
Why can't nc teams be live on TV. Because of NCHSAA?

Why can't nc teams be live on TV. Because of NCHSAA?
Yes. This subject has been discussed numerous times

In the fall(NOW), though, some NCHSAA football games with be televised through an agreement between the NCHSAA and Time Warner Cable. The cable supplier is expected to request specific games be moved to Thursday to be televised. The schools will have the option of whether to move the game and be televised live or not be on television.

Time Warner Cable SportsChannel is a 24/7 network that carries distinct regional programming on different channel locations across the nation. It is the Carolinas’ home for comprehensive local sports content, including high school live games and programming, and can be found in HD on channel 323 across the state exclusively to Time Warner Cable customers.

The live stream will be available by clicking on the link below when the telecasts are available:
http://www.twcsportschannel.com/nchsaa-football-championships:

And beginning Aug. 1, 2017, every NCHSAA head coach and all paid coaches must be certified in CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and AED (automated external defibrillator).

Last edited:
Dudley Panthers are probably the only team in NC that could POSSIBLY dethrone Mallard Creek.

Wrong classification. Dudley makes the list of teams that can't possibly dethrone Mallard Creek because they won't even be in the same playoffs with them.

Dude...seriously?

Byrnes...MC lost to a Byrnes team that isn't the best team in SC this year. There are probably 3 to for teams better in 4A. MC might want to stay out of SC looking for a win. They almost lost to a 2A team in Dillon a few years ago..

lol....Marlboro took your #3 in the state 4A team to the wire and MC isn't even in the top 20 in SC...Lets see what Vance does this week...Isn't that another one of your top teams...

And you would know that how?? Because the #1 ranked team in NC lost by 2 points at a place where only 2 teams have won in 14 years?? been a couple of SC teams that have lost there over the years

lol....Marlboro took your #3 in the state 4A team to the wire and MC isn't even in the top 20 in SC...Lets see what Vance does this week...Isn't that another one of your top teams...
...and the #1 3A team in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach) just got their asses whipped by a small NC private school who is 0-2 right now against NC teams.

I would love to see more TOP NC vs SC(or even Georgia) games, and NOT SEC vs. Marlboro or South Columbus vs. Loris either. It's a shame it doesn't happen more often with most of NC's best teams in all classes being close to the SC border.

It probably won't happen, but Mallard Creek could conceivably have three losses heading into the playoffs.

Conceivably I could marry Scarlett Johansson but I don't think that's happening any more than I think MC will have 3 losses. You play a tough schedule especially on the road early in the year and you can take a loss. Gotta beat them in November and December. Good luck with that.

The week before 2A South Brunswick lost by a TD to Marlboro and had the ball inside the ten on the last play when a pass interference was called at the end of the game.
Don't think Marlboro has won against Scotland in the last five seasons including two other one TD games and two really bad blowouts. They made it to the state semi-finals but lost by three TDs to Ricnmond which was a second round exit in the 4AA playoffs.
In 2013 Myrtle Beach won the state 3A over undefeated Daniel but lost by 35 to Richmond which again was a second round playoff exit team in 4AA.
Vance lost four games last year, finishing third in their conference, but beat South Point by three TDs although the Stallions went onto beat undefeated Hartsville in the 3A title game.

It goes both ways and football math is not always very accurate.

...and the #1 3A team in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach) just got their asses whipped by a small NC private school who is 0-2 right now against NC teams.

Just to let you know, Myrtle Beach was not the #1 3A team....South Point is and they just gave Vance an Ass whooping tonight...Keep talking....lol

I would love to see more TOP NC vs SC(or even Georgia) games, and NOT SEC vs. Marlboro or South Columbus vs. Loris either. It's a shame it doesn't happen more often with most of NC's best teams in all classes being close to the SC border.

Unranked North Augusta, a SC team just beat the # 6 4A Burke County Ga team tonight...

The week before 2A South Brunswick lost by a TD to Marlboro and had the ball inside the ten on the last play when a pass interference was called at the end of the game.
Don't think Marlboro has won against Scotland in the last five seasons including two other one TD games and two really bad blowouts. They made it to the state semi-finals but lost by three TDs to Ricnmond which was a second round exit in the 4AA playoffs.
In 2013 Myrtle Beach won the state 3A over undefeated Daniel but lost by 35 to Richmond which again was a second round playoff exit team in 4AA.
Vance lost four games last year, finishing third in their conference, but beat South Point by three TDs although the Stallions went onto beat undefeated Hartsville in the 3A title game.

It goes both ways and football math is not always very accurate.

Great post and I agree with it...Just having some fun guys...

Vance lost by 7 pts .....41-34....I wouldn't call that butt whooping though. Vance probably would not go to state final unless if everything fall in line for them in playoff. Dudley did their job handling Hillside 34-13 I believe. I think Dudley and CC might meet in playoff ....that would be something else! It is still a long season to go.

If Mallard Creek play Byrnes again, they will do much better. They gotta wait till next year in Clt! I notice the best time to get Mallard Creek and Butler is early in the year. In Nov and Dec, they will roll anybody.

Vance lost by 7 pts .....41-34....I wouldn't call that butt whooping though. Vance probably would not go to state final unless if everything fall in line for them in playoff. Dudley did their job handling Hillside 34-13 I believe. I think Dudley and CC might meet in playoff ....that would be something else! It is still a long season to go.

If Mallard Creek play Byrnes again, they will do much better. They gotta wait till next year in Clt! I notice the best time to get Mallard Creek and Butler is early in the year. In Nov and Dec, they will roll anybody.

That's funny

Strebel.......I still think that Mallard Creek coaches are one of the best in the state and very comparable to other state HS staff. It is fun to see two different schools from different state to compete. It is good experience for MC to go out of state and play. Byrnes went to California last year and lost very badly. Mallard Creek is very young school and does not have a lot of money compare to Byrnes.....geez you guys flew to California. By the way, you guys play Florida team, VA team and some others.......MC is just a "kid on a new block". I have a feeling that different MC will show up next year against y'all. According to MC fans, they were pleased after delay that MC play very well and just about winning the game,

By the way, I am telling the fact, best way to get MC or Butler is early in the SEASON.... I meant to put that in instead of the year.... my bad! MC lost to Butler last year in regular season 28-27 then play Butler again in playoff......ROLLED over Butler 56-14. I wish Byrnes the best and hopefully win SC championship while MC win NC title. The season is far from over and anything could happen. Good luck and have fun watching Friday Night Lights. Nothing beat that since College and Pro football is huge in BUSINESS.

I think it should be noted that the mallard creek butler playoff game was pretty tight until butler QB and UNC commit Anthony Ratliff went down with a knee injury and didn't return.

Just to let you know, Myrtle Beach was not the #1 3A team....South Point is and they just gave Vance an Ass whooping tonight...Keep talking....lol
Sorry...#2 team then. It's about time South Pointe won a game against Vance. Vance has had their way with them up until now.

On a side note, several Mallard Creek fans went to that game and one of them was texting me updates, and they were basically of two varieties: 1) Vance is their own worst enemy in everything they do from a penalties and discipline standpoint...very sloppy and unfocused team, and 2) South Pointe's QB reminded him of Mike Vick. Fast, elusive lefty making plays all over the field.

Spoke to a few folks that have watched MC practice. They said the eye test is off the charts and they look scary good. I am hearing much further along at this than last year, not even close. They need to make a statement for NC in the two out of state games!!! Dominating those teams will be a positive for every team and player in NC. Go Mavs.
Long shot but......I'd like to see Scotland, Richmond, Jack Britt or Pinecrest play them

I have since written after the Byrnes and McDonogh games that MC is not in a good rhythm, something is not clicking. Many people that follow the team closely cannot put their finger on what the issue is or the missing ingredient but there are many theories.

Richmond, JB, and Pinecrest will get their opportunity to play MC or a team that went through their side of the bracket.

I have since written after the Byrnes and McDonogh games that MC is not in a good rhythm. Many people that follow the team closely cannot put their finger on what the issue is or the missing ingredient but there are many theories.

Richmond, JB, and Pinecrest will get their opportunity to play MC or a team that went through their side of the bracket.
Scotland was my first choice since they are nothing but a hot program in this part of the world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT