ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the TRUE Bluebloods of HS Football in NC

Richmond County may only be 45 years in existence but would be on the list.

Would not put Albemarle due to the 1960's through 1980's. Terrible!

Other than the Tom Knotts era Indy has been average at best except for a few years. Can't include them.
If you want to go back in history the Richmond program was built by Bill Eutsler who was Richmond's first AD and the long time head coach at Rockingham. Rockingham won its first State Championship in 1924 beating Shelby 7-0. Over the years Rockingham won several more state championships over the approximately 40 years that Eutsler coached During this time he his win record was over 750 percent. Rohanen another school that made up Richmond had at least one State title that being around 1968 when they beat Farmville 7-0 .

If you want to go back in history the Richmond program was built by Bill Eutsler who was Richmond's first AD and the long time head coach at Rockingham. Rockingham won its first State Championship in 1924 beating Shelby 7-0. Over the years Rockingham won several more state championships over the approximately 40 years that Eutsler coached During this time he his win record was over 750 percent. Rohanen another school that made up Richmond had at least one State title that being around 1968 when they beat Farmville 7-0 .

Rockingham 1924, 1962, 1963, 1964
Rohanen 1968
Richmond 1978, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1997, 1998, 2008

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Rockingham 1924, 1962, 1963, 1964
Rohanen 1968
Richmond 1978, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1997, 1998, 2008
You left out the 1959 Rockingham state championship. Rockingham defeated Morehead High School 20-6. Rockingham was led by High School all-American Ron Tuthill. Tuthill later played for UNC and was captain of their Gator Bowl team his senior year.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Robbinsville has 14. One factor should be how long a school has played football divided by there state titles. This will give you a average. Going by thus I think Robbinsville averages a title every 3.5 to 4 years. This number is higher than any other school in history. Also we are 14-2 in ships. That is tops in state.

Robbinsville has 14. One factor should be how long a school has played football divided by there state titles. This will give you a average. Going by thus I think Robbinsville averages a title every 3.5 to 4 years. This number is higher than any other school in history. Also we are 14-2 in ships. That is tops in state.

Gotta bring you back to earth for a minute.....you need to include this...

*Only one title in the last 25 years. May sound good but Robbinsville did have a nearly 25 year hiatus from championship play.

Yale and Princeton have won more college football national championships than any other school and average winning one every 5.5 years. Neither has won one in 70 years but that average sure does sound good.

There is only one high school in the state that has not only played in, at a minimum, back-to-back state title games in the past six decades; 1968/69, 1974/75/76, 1986/87/88, 1997/98, 2004/05/06/07, 2013/14/15/16 but has also won the Championship in each of the past six decades, 1968, 70/72/75/76, 86/87, 98, 2005/06, and 2013/14/15/16. No other high school football program in the state has even played in one title game in each of the five past decades.

The definition of True blueblood.....www.shelbyhighfootball.com

Last edited:
Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Let me bring you back to reality. Half of ur titles were not state titles. Just like our 65 title. But our 65 title carries more weight than the 7 u got playing in a different league. Oh btw. Can you read. We was talking about all time. Averages always tell the truth. Don't be mad or hating.
Facts are.
1. Robbinsville wins one every 3 or 4 years averaged.
2. All 14 titles were won playing for the state of north carolina. Not a small portion of n.c.
3. Robbinsville has a better winning percentage than anyone with 10 or more state titles.
These 3 things should put a end to any of it.
#The RobbinsvilleBlackKnights.
Ps. This year we became the first football team to be considered a football dynasty in the WNC hall of fame.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Also didn't Reidsville change names years ago?

They tried to change robbinsville to graham county back in the 90s. If that would of happened we would have only 1 state title as graham co. and 13 as robbinsville.

Let me bring you back to reality. Half of ur titles were not state titles. Just like our 65 title. But our 65 title carries more weight than the 7 u got playing in a different league. Oh btw. Can you read. We was talking about all time. Averages always tell the truth. Don't be mad or hating.
Facts are.
1. Robbinsville wins one every 3 or 4 years averaged.
2. All 14 titles were won playing for the state of north carolina.
3. Robbinsville has a better winning percentage than anyone with 10 or more state titles.
These 3 things should put a end to any of it.
#The RobbinsvilleBlackKnights.
Ps. This year we became the first football team to be considered a football dynasty in the WNC hall of fame.

No one is mad or hating.....we don't have to....lol.

If you say our WNCHSAA titles are not "state" titles then neither were your's or anyone's prior to 1977...the year there was one unified governing body except for the ones from 1913-1928 when there was one open division. Prior to 1977 the NCHSAA winner never had to play the other associations winners...so who is deemed the true champion? Either they all count or none of them do.

Hmmmm...no comment on the Princeton and Yale issue. But according to you averages tell the truth so Princeton and Yale are the best college football programs ever and they win a title every 5-6 years. But again, it's been 70 years since they won a title and most came in the 1800s.

No comment on the fact that you only won 1 in the last 25 years.

I'm by no means dissing Robbinsville....you guys have a great history. And you would even be one of the few in NC to fall under the term dynasty. But to say you are the best.....well.....that just isn't true.

1a played state titles before the other classes. I think it was 68 or 69 when 1a started back playing the eastern champs. So only one of our titles wasnt a true state title. 65 is not on our scoreboard with the others. We dont count it and we dont count yours.

Our 65 is a regional just like half of yours.
Our 69 and the early 70 titles was state titles. We played the eastern champs. So ur wrong about that.
If we are talking history we win. We've just not been around as long as others.

% wise = #1Robbinsville !!!
Most nchsaa state titles. #2.Robbinsville .
Nchsaa state title win percentage. 14-2. Robbinsville #1.

What's that gotta do with it? That's all that you can say. Can a school with 350 kids beat Shelby or Reidsville. Wow.

Have fun guys.

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
Must be nice to be able to argue over THE BEST program. It would be nice just to be in the conversation. Shelby, Reidsville, Robbinsville all have unbelievable numbers that few others can even fathom. This is taking nothing away from the rest of the SMC or any of the others mentioned. Good luck to each program and continued success.

I dont think who can beat who is a topic for this thread, each has done it in their own size class which is what you would should compare each against.

As to who has the best numbers, well I have an opinion, but it is just that an opinion so I will leave it as mine. Heck, I'm pretty much jealous of all you all.

Sorry for the ramblings of this old man.

Out of the Mountains Reynolds, Asheville, Tuscola, Pisgah, Franklin and Brevard could all make cases

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
It all goes back to the following... Reidsville is 2nd in all time wins and 1st in State Titles. Shelby is 1st in all time wins and 2nd in all time state titles. If I'm not mistaken, if Shelby wins 2 more, they will hold No 1 in both. Reidsville is 50 or so wins behind

In North Carolina:

Shelby 785 Wins...305 Losses....50 Ties......winning pctg. of 71.0%
Reidsville 722 Wins...317 Losses...38 Ties...winning pctg. of 68.8%
Mount Airy 704 Wins...318 Losses...34 Ties...winning pctg. of 68.2%

No other school has 700 or more wins...

Interesting fact.....Reidsville and Mount Airy who used to be in the same conference have played each other 43 times..
Reidsville winning 25 times....Mount Airy 15.......and there were 3 Ties.................

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Right? There's a lot of difference between winning one or a couple of titles compared to winning titles and competing for titles year after year for decades...

I totally agree with Richmond Co,they might be the only 4A school in the discussion i don't think I would put WRH on this list,anyone know how good they were in the 70's 60's or earlier?... I'm not even sure how long they been playing football,but most definitely on an elite level in recent memory
WRH was very good in the 50's and 60's also you got to add Edenton/Holmes to the list based on history they played Holmes quite often back in the 60's some good games back then I heard.

Does Crest make the list? I know they have not been around as long as some of the others, but the numbers are pretty good.
Since 1972 (thanks to AC Reynolds site for the numbers)

386-164-4
6 State Titles
4 State Runner-ups
18 con. Championships
23 or 24 straight years of advancing to at least 2nd round of playoffs

Maybe in the elite category because of time.

THE MIGHTY RED RAIDERS, "beating Crest like Shelby wishes they could since 1969!"

Couldn't resist, smashmouth. :)

Reactions: HardCorps82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT