ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the TRUE Bluebloods of HS Football in NC

TVILLEDAWG2370

Nov 25, 2012
Teams that have a deep rich history of winning,not just from recent memory either,I'm talking about storied programs,Football Royalty!!!

And can any team lose their blueblood status because of prolonged losing? EX: Thomasville has struggled for several years now with a couple average teams and a couple loosening records overall,but it would take maybe 50-60 years of prolonged losing to even be .500, or is it once a blueblood always a blueblood,and can any team be added in many years to come of sustained winning for decades?...I think this could be a very small list,maybe 5-6 teams but not 10 teams IMO.

There's a difference in being considered a Blueblood Football program than just being an elite Football program.

I have several teams I'm thinking of,but I want to know who you think deserves to be called a true BLUEBLOOD Football program...GO!!!

Last edited:
You cant erase history so once a blueblood always a blueblood like in college bball its UNC,Duke,Kansas,Kentucky,UCLA....UCLA hasnt won a natl title in awhile but cant take away all thise titles under John Wooden........2A Football i would say Shelby of course Reidsville Clinton,Thomasville,and maybe throw Wallace Rose-Hill in there even through 5 of their 6 state titles were won in 1A they are 2A now

Reidsville and Shelby are one and two. You can argue which is which. Both are 1st and 2nd in all time wins and championships.

Clinton, Murphy, Thomasville, Burnsville are blue bloods. I do think you can fall from Grace. Look at Cummings. They are a shell of their former selves. Not sure they will ever recover. It doesn't take away their history but it makes it hard to keep them in the running of blue blood.

Take Notre Dame football. I don't think you can say they're still a blue blood. They were, but not now.

Last edited:
You are only as good as your last season. If you want to look at history, there is only two schools at the top of the food chain. They are Robbinsville and Independence.
Robbinsville has the most State Championships and Indy has the longest winning streak in the state by a huge margin.

You are only as good as your last season. If you want to look at history, there is only two schools at the top of the food chain. They are Robbinsville and Independence.
Robbinsville has the most State Championships and Indy has the longest winning streak in the state by a huge margin.
I beg to differ. Shelby has the most wins in all divisions and Reidsville has the most titles at 19. They're success dates back 100 years. Shelby has 17 or 18. I also stand corrected on one Robinsville. I meant to acknowledge them. Even though Independence had a lot of success it is most noted for their win streak

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Independence is most definitely not a TRUE BLUEBLOOD Football program...no history before the streak and no recent history after the streak...they had one point in time and that's it

Swain Co. is another true blueblood program

Nobody better say Mallard creek either....they would have to win for many decades to come to even be considered for this list...but they are elite

Thomasville, Selby, Reidsville, Albemarle because of Toby Webb in the 50's and Gaster in the 90's. Independence in the late 80's and 90's. Wallace Rose Hill also.

Independence is most definitely not a TRUE BLUEBLOOD Football program...no history before the streak and no recent history after the streak...they had one point in time and that's it

Swain Co. is another true blueblood program
Whoops, I said Independence. Robbinsville, Murphy, Swain County. Those Mountain Teams have been so consistent

Richmond County may only be 45 years in existence but would be on the list.

Would not put Albemarle due to the 1960's through 1980's. Terrible!

Other than the Tom Knotts era Indy has been average at best except for a few years. Can't include them.

I totally agree with Richmond Co,they might be the only 4A school in the discussion i don't think I would put WRH on this list,anyone know how good they were in the 70's 60's or earlier?... I'm not even sure how long they been playing football,but most definitely on an elite level in recent memory

IN the a Piedmont triad

Greensboro Page
Riedsville
T W Andrews
Thomasville

Catholic with 4 State Championships starting in the 70's. 2 Division II State Championships in the 80's. State Champions in 3 different classes 2A,3A,4A and close to 30 conference championships. Currently undefeated in conference since 2009.

Does Crest make the list? I know they have not been around as long as some of the others, but the numbers are pretty good.
Since 1972 (thanks to AC Reynolds site for the numbers)

386-164-4
6 State Titles
4 State Runner-ups
18 con. Championships
23 or 24 straight years of advancing to at least 2nd round of playoffs

Maybe in the elite category because of time.

So what is the line between being a Elite Program and a BlueBlood?......I would say we beling in the same category of Shelby,Reidsville,Robbinsville.....i would also add Thomasville to that list maybe even Wallace Rose-Hill

Thank you FBcapitolofNC...that's what I have been trying to get across...there's a big difference in being a blueblood program and being elite...that's why I said this list should be very short...me personally I wouldn't have WRH,Ac Reynolds,maiden,page,Andrews as bluebloods but they are GREAT PROGRAMS with tradition,you have to have a deep deep history of winning not just 10-20 years ago,I'm talking 50-60-70 years of football tradition and even longer

Last edited:
Bluebloods are teams like the

Yankees/Dodgers
Packers/Bears
Lakers/Celtics
Canadians/Redwings

I would say there are 8 college programs that are Blueblood programs they are

Nebraska
Texas
Alabama
Michigan
USC
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma

Close but not good enough

Pen St
Florida
Auburn
LSU
Tennessee
Georgia
Miami... great from 1980 till 2005 but not much before or after that

Florida State...they are dominate but they have been playing football only since 1947 about half as long as the top Blueblood programs

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Blue blood college basketball programs
Duke, UNC, KY, KS and UCLA...Stop.
College Football Blue Bloods. Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, ND ( not relative for 30 years), Florida State, USC

Reactions: thekidd12
Reidsville is 437-157-2 since 69 with 8 titles
Combined with Golden Lions era 1910-2016 723-315-38 19 titles
Coach Teague is 257-52

College Football Blue Bloods. Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, ND ( not relative for 30 years), Florida State, USC

FBCapitolofNC, Like both lists but as much as I hate to got to include Oklahoma in the football one. 7 National Championships puts them tied for 3rd in most ever.

FBCapitolofNC, Like both lists but as much as I hate to got to include Oklahoma in the football one. 7 National Championships puts them tied for 3rd in most ever.
You are correct. As much I distain Big Game Bob, they should be included and have been more relevant than ND over the last 30 years

Indiana deserves to be there in hoops!

Penn State and Florida State have been great but not sure they are bluebloods due to amount of success before the 1970's. Penn State some in the 1969's. Think Oklahoma and Texas fit the title better although Texas has been a dumpster fire recently. I think Michigan is in the mix.

Penn State and Florida State have been great but not sure they are bluebloods due to amount of success before the 1970's. Penn State some in the 1969's. Think Oklahoma and Texas fit the title better although Texas has been a dumpster fire recently. I think Michigan is in the mix.
Almost mentioned Indiana but think their last championship was in 87?

Also they have struggled to stay near the top consistently especially in the last 20 years or so.

Tennessee

After Alabama which SEC school is the most worthy for the list?

Michigan is a lot like ND. They've won one title since 1948.
SEC schools would be Florida and UT. I put them in same catagory as Clemson

gotta love how this started off as a high school thread and has morphed into a college pissing contest....lol.............................
Sometimes you got to spread the pee around...

Gets boring urinating on same trees all the time.

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT