ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville @ Northeastern

I’m just curious, are any of you Whiteville posters nervous? I only ask this because I know I am. This game has been on my mind and I can’t stop thinking about it. This game has the potential to be an instant classic. I would feel more confident if it was being played in Whiteville.

NcPreps Posters coming to the game

When coming in stay straight on 17 business, don’t take the bypass.

Go about 5 miles and turn right at Hardee’s, Northeastern is behind it

Parking for visitors - turn in the very first driveway at the school. It’s at a traffic light. Follow the signs and you’ll be parking behind the school.

We have a phenomenal announcer in the press box and it’s almost like you’re listening to a college game. We just got this guy about a month ago and he is the best I’ve ever heard and very professional.

We also have an amazing sound system complete with a Dj (weather permitting)

I think we’re in for an amazing game

We played a home and home with you guys in 2012-2013. ED won both. The game in Elizabeth City wasn’t close. And we had Northeastern fans sitting on the visiting side trash talking us about winning state championships in Golf. 😆
Yeah I was there at the one at northeastern 2012 we had a freshman quarter back and running back but we still made the playoffs that year I remember that's when we started playing teams outside the area..yep we lost both games to you guys

I saw the game... NE QB was struggling... only thing they had was the RB. Northeastern RB will be shut down againt the U. NE better learn how to throw some quick slants.

Reactions: stallion4life
I saw the game... NE QB was struggling... only thing they had was the RB. Northeastern RB will be shut down againt the U. NE better learn how to throw some quick slants.

Lol. First it was the defense now its the QB. Every week it’s something

Reactions: daagoob
First time a team made Clinton play 4Q’s. Nash Central had some studs at RB. NE will test Clinton’s secondary and tackling in space.

Btw, DH04 if you read this, great broadcast. So easy to follow the game with you and coach Sawvel (SP).

Lol. First it was the defense now its the QB. Every week it’s something
I will add to this. Tonight wasn’t Tre Jone’s night. He’s played lights out all season and on this night he wasn’t at his normal. I’m sure there was a reason but in the end we came out on top against a very strong Whiteville defense. Tre Jones is only a junior and he’s the top ranked qb in all of 2a in multiple categories. He will be fine, all players have off nights at some time. These are high school kids.

I will add to this. Tonight wasn’t Tre Jone’s night. He’s played lights out all season and on this night he wasn’t at his normal. I’m sure there was a reason but in the end we came out on top against a very strong Whiteville defense. Tre Jones is only a junior and he’s the top ranked qb in all of 2a in multiple categories. He will be fine, all players have off nights at some time. These are high school kids.
Yep. That was the main ingredient for the recipe for Whiteville to pull the upset. NE found some defense when they had to, and Whiteville didn't get the job done. Well done Eagles

First time a team made Clinton play 4Q’s. Nash Central had some studs at RB. NE will test Clinton’s secondary and tackling in space.

Btw, DH04 if you read this, great broadcast. So easy to follow the game with you and coach Sawvel (SP).

Watching Clinton on NFHS is like watching a college game on game day! No other school I have watched on it is even close! I don’t care where you are from if you have watched one of their games on NFHS you know I’m telling the truth! I wish I could be at this game next week but I can’t. I’m so glad I have NFHS to fall back on next week.

Did Whiteville run the big kid much? The way folks talked he was the next coming of Jerome Bettis in short yardage situations.

• Haha
Reactions: FootballDad2023
Watching Clinton on NFHS is like watching a college game on game day! No other school I have watched on it is even close! I don’t care where you are from if you have watched one of their games on NFHS you know I’m telling the truth! I wish I could be at this game next week but I can’t. I’m so glad I have NFHS to fall back on next week.
It is pretty cool the way they have their radio synced in with the video, it truly is like watching a game on ESPN but with better announcers lol.

Yep. That was the main ingredient for the recipe for Whiteville to pull the upset. NE found some defense when they had to, and Whiteville didn't get the job done. Well done Eagles
This game was decided really on one play. It can’t get any closer than that. To say Whiteville didn’t get the job done is a harsh critique. They did everything needed to win. That draw play was just the perfect play call at the most perfect time. I really thought NE was beat until that play. Whiteville went from hero to zero on one play! That is about a tough a deal as a football fan can go through. Good people too! One gal came over and asked if I was the guy doing fb live? I’m sure she saw my West Craven hat. But it was really nice of her to come over and take the time to thank me in person for all of those that couldn’t do an 8 hour drive last night / this morning. I was a little hurt at how star struck she was with Goob when she found out he was beside me. I quickly found out I’m not the big star on here! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This game was decided really on one play. It can’t get any closer than that. To say Whiteville didn’t get the job done is a harsh critique. They did everything needed to win. That draw play was just the perfect play call at the most perfect time. I really thought NE was beat until that play. Whiteville went from hero to zero on one play! That is about a tough a deal as a football fan can go through. Good people too! One gal came over and asked if I was the guy doing fb live? I’m sure she saw my West Craven hat. But it was really nice of her to come over and take the time to thank me in person for all of those that couldn’t do an 8 hour drive last night / this morning. I was a little hurt at how star struck she was with Goob when she found out he was beside me. I quickly found out I’m not the big star on here! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Like being with a Rock Star !!!! Just Rock Stars don't drink Cherry Coke

Did Whiteville run the big kid much? The way folks talked he was the next coming of Jerome Bettis in short yardage situations.
No and I didn't understand why not because because in the first and second quarter the had short yardage and they didn't run him because he so big he going to get you 3 to 5 yards a pop

What a great game. Yep, that draw play killed us. I thought we had that game won with under 2 minutes left in the game when we scored the touchdown and kicked off to them, but it wasn't meant to be. I really enjoyed meeting Goob and Ottis last night. They were really nice. Wish NE luck next week at Clinton. By the way Ottis that lady that talked to you was my daughter in law, and the big man sitting next to me was my son. #56 that played center was their son and my grandson. They enjoyed meeting you both.

What a great game. Yep, that draw play killed us. I thought we had that game won with under 2 minutes left in the game when we scored the touchdown and kicked off to them, but it wasn't meant to be. I really enjoyed meeting Goob and Ottis last night. They were really nice. Wish NE luck next week at Clinton. By the way Ottis that lady that talked to you was my daughter in law, and the big man sitting next to me was my son. #56 that played center was their son and my grandson. They enjoyed meeting you both.
I enjoyed talking with y’all during the game. It makes the game so much more enjoyable when we can interact with some of the visiting fans. I know that’s easy to say because my team won but I have been on the other end many times before and it sucks. It makes it worse for me when the game is close at the end. I’d rather just get beat bad and then it doesn’t hurt so much. I told both of you in the stands that it sucked because one of our teams had to lose and I meant it. These were two good teams who laid it all out tonight. As for our Eagles our quarterback definitely wasn’t his usual self but I look for him to bounce back. He’s a good quarterback and one game won’t define his season. I think that Wolfpack defensive line had something to do with his play. Our offensive line has held strong all year but tonight they faced a big challenge. I’m so glad our defense showed out tonight. Those kids brought it and I credit that to our coaching staff. I had watched a lot of videos of the Wolfpack qb and I knew that kid could ball. Imo he was the best player for Whiteville and luckily for us tonight his passing was just a little off. I told everyone that this was the game to be at and it had the makings of an instant classic. However I never could’ve predicted a low scoring game in which Northeastern would win. I never in a million years would’ve thought that fg in the first half would end up deciding this game. I know I wasn’t happy when coach made the decision to attempt it. Well now we know, that’s why he’s the coach!!! Great coaching job tonight by our staff.

Reactions: Strick68 and dogs79
You didn’t even tell me my wife was watching. Thank God I didn’t say anything crazy. She was blowing the phone up trying to figure out where I was after the game. She said “I heard you tell everyone you were leaving and that was before the game ended”. 😂 I just sat in the Northeastern parking lot trying to take it all in. What a great game

You didn’t even tell me my wife was watching. Thank God I didn’t say anything crazy. She was blowing the phone up trying to figure out where I was after the game. She said “I heard you tell everyone you were leaving and that was before the game ended”. 😂 I just sat in the Northeastern parking lot trying to take it all in. What a great game
There were 601 on there. I never saw her name. I watch the plays and not my phone. Sometimes I don’t exactly hold it steady on the play because of that. But I don’t see all the names up there. If she commented to me I might would.

There were 601 on there. I never saw her name. I watch the plays and not my phone. Sometimes I don’t exactly hold it steady on the play because of that. But I don’t see all the names up there. If she commented to me I might would.
You had over 2k views when I last looked.

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT