ADVERTISEMENT

Wheatmore vs West Davidson

PrepFanNC

Oct 10, 2017
Wheatmore 36
West Davidson 27

Did anyone attend on Monday night?

This was way closer than I had anticipated.

Was Wheatmore off, are they down?
Or (shocker), is West on the way up?

Very surprised myself. Maybe WD is better than expected? Maybe Wheatmore is alil overrated?

I wasn't at the game but I did see West and Wheatmore at a scrimmage a couple of weeks ago and this is my take on it. Wheatmore lost a lot of seniors and size from last years team so they have an overall smaller team but still some athletic kids. They still had their QB back from last year so they still have a pretty good passing game and West struggled last year defending the pass. West has a lot of seniors this year and also from what I saw has pretty good size and likes to run the ball. My guess is Wheatmore struggled to stop West running the ball and West struggled to stop the Wheatmore passing game so it was a high scoring, close game with neither team able to stop the other consistently.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I seen some clips from the Friday portion of the game and honestly it looked like an even game. Wheatmore had the better athletic talent but I felt West played them on the line very good and hard and it evened out. They even had some long completed passes.

Wheatmore's gonna be younger but they should have a decent year and play everyone solid. West will have better talent and be in more games this year but it's hard to say if they will win 3 games or more because their schedule's pretty hard with their conference being so jam packed. They shoulda be 1A in the YVC.. they could finish in the top 3 and 4 there easily every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT