ADVERTISEMENT

What time do brackets come out?

Latest start time is 1pm today for makeup games.
So probably after 6 pm may be as late as 8 pm. This is hard work for those guys and gals in Raleigh if they meet there. could be an internet meeting. They want waist a Saturday night so look for quick use of MaxPreps Poll that want be updated until after today's games if those teams can make the playoffs and if not they go with what they have.

I wouldn't have Mitchell at #1 ether but remember that out of the 3 Maxpreps , NC Prep and Simmons , Maxpreps is a computer algorithm it doesn't look at pass accomplishments or a schools that are traditional powers. Just the numbers it's giving scores, strength of schedule etc no one but them really knows all of the formula which is why it wouldn't be used anymore in the playoffs. But the computer isn't influenced by human bias and in some cases that helps and in some leaving out the human factors hurt like I assume they don't look at like a human would say if a team is high rank but you found out that their QB or best RB etc is hurt or out for the season will obviously influence were you rank them.

So probably after 6 pm may be as late as 8 pm. This is hard work for those guys and gals in Raleigh if they meet there. could be an internet meeting. They want waist a Saturday night so look for quick use of MaxPreps Poll that want be updated until after today's games.
Maxpreps has nothing to do with it this year.

Maxpreps has nothing to do with it this year.
They're just using conference finishes this season which is why I was expecting the brackets to come out a little quicker. Nchsaa has dropped Maxpreps from on out starting in the fall they will use their own Ratings Percentage Index 30 percent on a team’s winning percentage, 40 percent on that team’s opponent’s winning percentage and 30 percent on the the winning percentage of the opponents of a team’s opponents, they didn't like that they didn't know the whole Maxpreps formula.

I went to the nfhs network to just see how far along the game is because it was listed as a scheduled game but they're not broadcasting it , you just see a picture of Parklands gymnasium
Dear heavens I worry about myself sometimes, I'm crazy that was the Louisburg game the Parkland / Ben Smith game is on they're in the 3rd with 7:29 left

Looks like we're waiting for the end of a game between 3A 0-5 Parkland and 0-6 Ben Smith which is the only game starting @ 1pm out of the 12 games today.

Sad thing is if it was 1a game that game would be to make the playoffs since like 64 of 72 teams make it. Lol most seasons not this spring obviously

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
The Parkland/ Ben Smith game is over. So I believe that's the last game and as mentioned before corrections supposed to have been in by 3pm so hopefully they'll announce the brackets pretty soon.

Reactions: BK13T-$
The Parkland/ Ben Smith game is over. So I believe that's the last game and as mentioned before corrections supposed to have been in by 3pm so hopefully they'll announce the brackets pretty soon.
You would think they are done all joking aside since no me or those games had any impact.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Sad thing is if it was 1a game that game would be to make the playoffs since like 64 of 72 teams make it. Lol most seasons not this spring obviously
Maybe less teams in the fall season with records that bad though it will still be 64 teams but going from 72 to 107 and just one championship which I don't care for I like the small and big considering the side difference in some schools. I believe if they were going to one championship then they should have added a 5A using 20% formula. But it is what it is.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Maybe less teams in the fall season with records that bad though it will still be 64 teams but going from 72 to 107 and just one championship which I don't care for I like the small and big considering the side difference in some schools. I believe if they were going to one championship then they should have added a 5A using 20% formula. But it is what it is.
I know some people think that taking away the subdivisions is intended to show the wisdom of adding a class (or two). I kind of like the idea of three classes for alignment—so not as many weird outliers with nightmare travel— but two divisions in each class for playoffs. Or, to put it another way, six classes, but group the bottom two, middle two, and top two together for purposes of conferences.

They are going from 72 to 107 teams? S**t there goes my Trojans making the playoffs every year lol
Highschool OT article...
"Each of the four classifications will be split evenly in 25 percent sections. In the west, each classification will have 54 teams. In the east, each classification will have 52 teams, except the 1A classification where there will be 53 teams."

Highschool OT article...
"Each of the four classifications will be split evenly in 25 percent sections. In the west, each classification will have 54 teams. In the east, each classification will have 52 teams, except the 1A classification where there will be 53 teams."
Good stuff there are quite a few teams like the little Smokey that don't play football so it won't be 107

I know some people think that taking away the subdivisions is intended to show the wisdom of adding a class (or two). I kind of like the idea of three classes for alignment—so not as many weird outliers with nightmare travel— but two divisions in each class for playoffs. Or, to put it another way, six classes, but group the bottom two, middle two, and top two together for purposes of conferences.
I don't think of adding two not enough schools but a 5A with 20% gives something like what 1A is now around 72 or so schools. They claim that they're doing it the way they are that it does reduce travel. Polk was Mitchell's longest conference game 70 miles. Polk is gone and added one more team to the conference now you have Draughn 73 miles and Rosman 95 miles.

Good stuff there are quite a few teams like the little Smokey that don't play football so it won't be 107
By my count 1A will have 30-35 non football schools. So not a lot of difference between having 20% of the football playing schools and 25% of total schools. Except no subdivision.

By my count 1A will have 30-35 non football schools. So not a lot of difference between having 20% of the football playing schools and 25% of total schools. Except no subdivision.
You can check on my count especially in the east some schools I'm not familiar with I looked a couple up to see if they played football. I came up with 39 west and 37 east who does play football , total 76 so actually not much difference

First round games
1AA
East
1 West Columbus
8 Pamlico Co.

4 Rosewood
5 Northside-Pinetown

3 Bear Grass Charter
6 Perquimans

2 Northampton Co.
7 North Duplin
West