ADVERTISEMENT

What is the status of the West Craven Havelock game?

Hon dines we have a lot of wire down just across the river from Havelock in Pamlico county. I'm a lineman with Tideland EMC. We got a mess so I would think Havelock is bad as well. Either way its a finish im sure i'll miss. :(

Reactions: Hon Dines
Hon dines we have a lot of wire down just across the river from Havelock in Pamlico county. I'm a lineman with Tideland EMC. We got a mess so I would think Havelock is bad as well. Either way its a finish im sure i'll miss. :(
thx...I'm guessing the game want be played this week?

JDNews said Tuesday but given the conditions who knows. Several places are still without power.

JDNews said Tuesday but given the conditions who knows. Several places are still without power.

Right now it is tenativly scheduled for Tuesday, but I just saw on TV that Craven County Schools are closed Tuesday. So I guess we're in a waiting mode.

On another note, Jim Bob Bryant was highlighted on NFL live today being honored as the I beleive it was the NFL High School Coach of the week

Right now it is tenativly scheduled for Tuesday, but I just saw on TV that Craven County Schools are closed Tuesday. So I guess we're in a waiting mode.

On another note, Jim Bob Bryant was highlighted on NFL live today being honored as the I beleive it was the NFL High School Coach of the week

Wow huge honor to recieve an award like that. He has done so well you just feel that one day he is going to get a shot to move up.

A shot to move up to SC and six figures. I see that as a better option than a smallwe college assistants job. Very few high school coaches get an assistants job at a big time school.

Is Jim Bob in is 20th year in the NC system?

I have family that live near springdale Arkansas. Thier boys played for Gus Malzahn and Eliah Drinkwitz ( NC State OC) in Springdale. They won several State Championships. It can happen.

Just in: West Craven at Havelock football game will be resumed at 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 24. W. Craven leads Havelock 7-0 at halftime

I have family that live near springdale Arkansas. Thier boys played for Gus Malzahn and Eliah Drinkwitz ( NC State OC) in Springdale. They won several State Championships. It can happen.

No doubt it can be and has been done but going straight to a full position assistant coach at a big time school is not very common. I would like to see more get the opportunity though.

As one who did it told me, "the football part was great but there was so much more than football and it was a lot different than when I played."

I know the Springdale story well. Saw them play in person after Malzah left. He had previously been at Shiloh Christian HS. Rode his last class to Arkansas as the OC then to Tulsa and Auburn. Took HC job st Arkansas State for a year. His predecessor was Hugh Freeze who went from a Tennessee high school to an admin position at Ole Miss, then a position coach, before being HC at a small college.

In NC Tom Knotts and Ken Browning took (full) assistant coaching positions at ACC schools. There may have been more? i know some in SC that have went to big time schools as "analysts" (Jason Richardson Notthwestern to Clemson) and coaches that have staff positions as liaisons (Jason Tudryn Carrboro to UNC / Harold Robinson formerly at ECU) and recruiting positions but are not full assistants.

Bobby Bentley ran a program at Byrnes that was as close to a college program for a high school that you will see in the Carolinas. He went from there to the HC position at his alma mater Presbyterian during their move from D2 to FCS. He is now RB coach at South Carolina after an analyst position for Malzahn at Auburn.

If anyone knows of others would like to do s list. All levels such Bruce Hardin going from Brown to The Citadel.

West Craven moving gear from field house with help from North Carolina National Guard.
14670737_10210584748312789_7453215484592731971_n.jpg

Can you discuss what is going on with Sharpe?

Don't really have the facts, hearing rumors but hope to know a little more after tonights JV game
Otis,
You coming to the game on Monday, if so what time do you think you will get there. like to meet up with you before the game and we can talk then.

Otis,
You coming to the game on Monday, if so what time do you think you will get there. like to meet up with you before the game and we can talk then.

I plan to get there early. Shoot me an e-mail to otis4411 at yahoo.com just correct the address with @ and I'll give you my cell number. I'll be in the end zone by the scoreboard with the guys working the end zone camera.

It's public news confirmed by the Havelock coaching staff....
Yea I heard at first he had gone to Greensboro. He enrolled at East Carteret yesterday. Personally ( and I have no idea why he left) I think he is making a mistake. You'll have good days and you'll have bad days. You can't always take off in life when things don't go as you would like. I have a daughter at West Craven playing volleyball. Things have certainly not been going good for them this year. It's a learning experience.

I plan to get there early. Shoot me an e-mail to otis4411 at yahoo.com just correct the address with @ and I'll give you my cell number. I'll be in the end zone by the scoreboard with the guys working the end zone camera.
I'll be in the booth, I usually get there around 5:30 to do scoreboard checks and sound checks, so I'll just come down to where you are and meet you.
Glad you all are getting dry again.

I didn't mean it as that is why he left, just that he is now with his old coach.
I wasn't sure if you thought that. I don't know Caleb King but my understanding is that he is out of town and found out from his principle. If I was the starting running back for an undefeated high school team like Havelock and I'm going against another undefeated team in my conference you couldn't keep me away. I'd play with a broke arm. Thats why I mentioned it just being weird. Good opportunity for the sophomore moving up.

I wasn't sure if you thought that. I don't know Caleb King but my understanding is that he is out of town and found out from his principle. If I was the starting running back for an undefeated high school team like Havelock and I'm going against another undefeated team in my conference you couldn't keep me away. I'd play with a broke arm. Thats why I mentioned it just being weird. Good opportunity for the sophomore moving up.

It is very strange to say the least. You start to wonder what would've happened if they had Bowman, Joyner and now Sharpe for all 4 years.

They got lots of talent coming up in that program. They won't miss a beat. I want to run a water line from Havelock to Vanceboro and see what they got in the water over there.

They got lots of talent coming up in that program. They won't miss a beat. I want to run a water line from Havelock to Vanceboro and see what they got in the water over there.
I remember the years we wished the same thing in Havelock about the West Craven program. We used come up and watch West in the playoffs for the years we didn't make it.

I've heard coaches say that talent seems to run in cycles every 10 years or so.

I've seen a drop in talent at the middle schools in Havelock the past few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT