ADVERTISEMENT

What does Haysville have?

The AHS bus is leaving at 10:30. The cheerleaders are not going. The ride itself is worth 14 points. I called the AHS game at Pamlico two years ago and the trip took them out of any sense of caring. When I got to the stadium, they were clowning around and actually never showed up to play. Pamlico was all business. To win...and I really think AHS can win...they need to realize it is a business trip until the last whistle. If they play decently on special teams... it can be done. AHS has a few targets and can run it ....on one side of the ball. Wish them safe travels...but, not sure how they will handle the vacation.
I agree 100%. 4.5 hours is a very long ride but in all reality it’s longer than that with stops and everything. They have to get and stayed dialed in to have a shot against Hayesville I think.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
The AHS bus is leaving at 10:30. The cheerleaders are not going. The ride itself is worth 14 points. I called the AHS game at Pamlico two years ago and the trip took them out of any sense of caring. When I got to the stadium, they were clowning around and actually never showed up to play. Pamlico was all business. To win...and I really think AHS can win...they need to realize it is a business trip until the last whistle. If they play decently on special teams... it can be done. AHS has a few targets and can run it ....on one side of the ball. Wish them safe travels...but, not sure how they will handle the vacation.
Long trips are tough on all teams. We have traveled 4+ hrs many times and it is hard to keep kids focused on the trip. Albemarle has a great QB and RB that can score at anytime. Wish safe travels to the Dogs and hope for a great game!

In 08 Hayesville Traveled to Hobbton which was a great trip players left on Thursday Morning stopped in Raleigh and had a Thursday practice at NC State Practice facility. Then went on to Hobbton that Friday I thought that was awesome how it worked out players were all focused and was treated like a business trip. Lost 19-25 I wanna say

In 09 the Jackets went even East to Princeton. Didn't do what they've done the year before but was a fun game to watch and it was a close game as well.

I really like matching up with a team you are very unfamiliar with. There is a certain suspense of not knowing what could happen. The jackets have played very well in the past against teams out of the "flat lands". I know Hayesville's elevation isn't what Robbinsville is. But could Elevation play a part in Tomorrow nights game? I am excited to see these two teams battle it out. AHS has a good team 4-7 record may not jump out at anyone but we all remember what happen in 03 @TigertownRick . Everyone coming in to watch the game. Stay warm and hope for safe travels. God bless

This Albemarle team is a Jeckel and Hyde team. .You never know which team will show up...On a good night we can play with just about anybody and on a bad night we can lose to anybody...Our biggest asset is good athletes and speed, speed, speed...Hope we can give Hayesviile a good game......

One intriguing match up here and I wish it was in Albemarle. Dogs have a lot of speed. Passing game is dangerous but not consistent. So so in lines though they have a few good DL. Should be a great game

Not sure what the temperature will be like, but I can say it’s gonna be Hawk outside and I don’t believe my Dogs are built for it. And speed won’t be a edge for Albemarle, we learned that lesson playing Murphy.

Hayesvill would be #1 or #2 in the YVC.

they might finish second but certainly not first. North Rowan is no joke.

Who said that Hayesville would finish 1st or 2nd in the YVC....Welcome back to reality. Not every team in the SMC is good. Lol.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, West Stanly isn't in the yvc, and they were 8-0 right up until their stud rb went down with an injury...
Lost 27-7 but never won a game without Poole who had scored like 25 touchdowns and averaged over 200 all purpose yards this season.The good news for West is that he is only a junior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT