ADVERTISEMENT

What does Haysville have?

They’ll play some ball with ya. Will play smash mouth type ball until they lose at the LOS play. They’ve beat the teams they should and tried against the Swain Murphy and Robbinsville.

Reactions: Gps62
Hayesville has a chance. I think we might see Andrews and Hayesville rematch

If they are weak on the line it could be a good matchup because that’s Albemarle’s weakness.Their season looks a little like ours where we beat the teams we should have beat but lost to the stronger ones.Albemarle does have some speed and hopefully they get to use it.Go Dogs!

I'm thinking about going to this game.
If not i might go to at swain/union or at Andrews vs Cherokee.
Andrews and Swain 30 minutes from my driveway. Hayesville vs Albermarle is more intriguing to me but its an hour away. I've never seen Blue Dogs in person.
Except for blue tick hounds. Lol

The games Hayesville line was weaker in were the Murphy Robbinsville and Swain games. Which I invite any 1a team to try and matchup against those lines. We will play ball down to the last second of the game. Wish Albemarle a safe journey and good luck Friday!

You guys crack me up. Yes, the Jackets line is probably just average but look who you comparing them with. Robbinsville, their line paves the way for one of the best, most diversified rushing attacks in the state. Swain, they have better size than some small NCAA teams. Murphy, again good size and probably several college recruits. Most lineups will struggle with those guys. Hopefully someday soon we will have a line that can hold their own with those guys. We do pretty well with people that aren't in the top 10 of the state.

This Albemarle team is a Jeckel and Hyde team. .You never know which team will show up...On a good night we can play with just about anybody and on a bad night we can lose to anybody...Our biggest asset is good athletes and speed, speed, speed...Hope we can give Hayesviile a good game......

Reactions: PantherPit07
Just wondering where Albemarle would have been seeded if they would have beat North Rowan, a game they should have won but a missed call late help North win the game. How about North Stanly and South Stanly drawing each other in round one in 1AA after playing each other last week.

Just wondering where Albemarle would have been seeded if they would have beat North Rowan, a game they should have won but a missed call late help North win the game. How about North Stanly and South Stanly drawing each other in round one in 1AA after playing each other last week.
I recall Swain Murphy being ranked 1 2 in the state and played in either 1st or 2nd round

They do have a ridiculously nice turf field . I think this will be an interesting marchup

Just read on another post that the Bulldogs will have a 526 mile round trip Friday.Wow!

Reactions: BK13T-$
I have seen Albemarle play and the only advantage they carry is speed and lots of it. Have not seen Hayesville play. Only assumption is Hayesville has not seen speed like the Blue Dogs bring so that could be the difference. Then again Hayesville may lineup and smash the Dogs (SMC) style for the win. I predict speed will be the difference and the Dogs score enough on special teams and big runs to win the game close.

I have seen Albemarle play and the only advantage they carry is speed and lots of it. Have not seen Hayesville play. Only assumption is Hayesville has not seen speed like the Blue Dogs bring so that could be the difference. Then again Hayesville may lineup and smash the Dogs (SMC) style for the win. I predict speed will be the difference and the Dogs score enough on special teams and big runs to win the game close.
I can promise you hayesville has seen plenty of speed. With the top rushers in wnc coming from our conference every year i think we will be just fine.

Buddy Rich, what is your opinion on West Stanly? I watched y'alls game on youtube and it looks like if Poole didnt play vs yall, you would have probably won that game. How far is Albemarle from West?

If Poole hadn’t played Albemarle would have probably won the game but that wasn’t the case. Poole is a game changer and can break a long run at any time in a game. West Stanly is about 10 miles from Albemarle. This isn’t Buddy but a good friend of his. He’s probably already in bed.

Ok...thanks....what's the deal with poole...did they shut him down or could he play

I would be very surprised if he played but I’m not that close to anyone at West.He hasn’t played in their last two games and I don’t think the coaches at West would risk further damage to Poole who is only a junior and has a bright future ahead of him.

Robbinsville has some pretty fast guys
Oh they for sure do. Faster than most. Anderson was great as a sophomore( last I saw him) but line play in the smc is what sets them apart. That’s not a knock but a compliment. When you run the ball like the smc, line play is critical.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Not sure what the temperature will be like, but I can say it’s gonna be Hawk outside and I don’t believe my Dogs are built for it. And speed won’t be a edge for Albemarle, we learned that lesson playing Murphy.

Hayesvill would be #1 or #2 in the YVC.

Does Hayesville have a radio station that broadcast their games?

Looking like a cold and rainy Friday night..This will probably favor Hayesville......

The AHS bus is leaving at 10:30. The cheerleaders are not going. The ride itself is worth 14 points. I called the AHS game at Pamlico two years ago and the trip took them out of any sense of caring. When I got to the stadium, they were clowning around and actually never showed up to play. Pamlico was all business. To win...and I really think AHS can win...they need to realize it is a business trip until the last whistle. If they play decently on special teams... it can be done. AHS has a few targets and can run it ....on one side of the ball. Wish them safe travels...but, not sure how they will handle the vacation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT