ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the word in Hendersonville?

VeerAndShoot

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2022
Last year they were 9-3 overall and seamed like they were thriving under the new coach. So what’s going on in Bearcat country? And better yet can it be fixed?

Last edited:
Last year they were 9-3 overall and seamed like they were thriving under the new coach. So far this year they get beat by North Henderson in week 1, then last night West Henderson was all over them like Rosie O’Donnell on an all you can eat donut buffet. I mean it was ugly, the kids from West are talented but 44-0? It was like watching the fat kid at the pool drowned in the deep end, while everybody was cheering. So what’s going on in Bearcat country? And better yet can it be fixed?
Should’ve been 60+ to 0, West called off the dogs early in the 2nd half after they hit 42-0 and a running clock. I think Hendersonville only had 2 drives total where they had positive yardage, all the others ended up behind the chains. If they had 80 total yards, I’d be shocked.

Hendersonville just looks unprepared and uninspired. I know they’re very young, but they still have talent, they have a big and experienced line, a really good RB and CJ Landrum. That’s enough to win some ball games but they’re not good enough to play with a target on their back. They’re getting everyone’s best shot and West was already miles better than them this year, it was a recipe for a beat down and it wasn’t even close.

As for West, even though they lost Kachilo, I think they’re better in some areas than last year, especially defensively and in the trenches.

I watched this game the other night. From an outsider's perspective.......

It just seems that Hendo is trying to be something they're not. They were running the spread with a freshman QB. West Hendo basically blitzed/shot gaps most of the game and dared the QB to make plays. It seemed like they ran past the Hendo linemen the whole game. To me, the Hendo lineman are built to push around/lean on defenders. Not for a spread. I was impressed with Rudisill, the RB. I'm surprised they didn't run him more.

Awful special team play didn't help the Bearcats either. Losing one of their best/most impactful players before the season starts also doesn't help.

What this really show is just how important Sosebee really was. A true tell of a coaches ability is what happens a few years after he leaves.. I mean Crest was in the dumps a few years ago and this year they whip Gaffney and thump Burns.
I may be totally off (don’t think so ) but I think what Sosebee brought to the program was everything

Reactions: Football5510
What this really show is just how important Sosebee really was. A true tell of a coaches ability is what happens a few years after he leaves.. I mean Crest was in the dumps a few years ago and this year they whip Gaffney and thump Burns.
I may be totally off (don’t think so ) but I think what Sosebee brought to the program was everything
Sosebee was a really good coach but even he took advantage of a down East Henderson program after Chappell left. Gavin Gosnell as well as others were East district kids, many of whom played for Flat Rock Middle before transferring to Hendersonville. That only hurt East Henderson even more.

Hendersonville is going through some sort of transformation, whatever it is. Not sure if a pipeline has run dry, or it's youth, coaching, who truly knows?

Sosebee was a really good coach but even he took advantage of a down East Henderson program after Chappell left. Gavin Gosnell as well as others were East district kids, many of whom played for Flat Rock Middle before transferring to Hendersonville. That only hurt East Henderson even more.

Hendersonville is going through some sort of transformation, whatever it is. Not sure if a pipeline has run dry, or it's youth, coaching, who truly knows?
Think they wished they had hired Chappell now?

• Haha
Reactions: VeerAndShoot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT