ADVERTISEMENT

Western NC

Just a quick shout out and moment of prayer for some of you guys that live up there and post here. Pray everyone is OK along with their families. Looks like absolute horror up there.

When you get communication back, please let us know how you are doing.
I've got family up in Ashe County. Hope they're ok today. Haven't heard yet. Just saw video of the mainstreet down in Boone and it looks like a river. Lake Lure dam is also on the verge of giving way. Crazy situation. 🙏

I've got family up in Ashe County. Hope they're ok today. Haven't heard yet. Just saw video of the mainstreet down in Boone and it looks like a river. Lake Lure dam is also on the verge of giving way. Crazy situation. 🙏
Prayers for your folks in Ashe. We made it home to Davidson County from Fleetwood this afternoon. Power was still out and probably will be for multiple days. The main roads (221, 421) were okay. Some of 194 impassable. Anywhere near the New River was trouble.
Some friends of ours had two large campers under shelter about 100 yards from the river. The shelters are standing but the campers are gone downriver. A store in Lansing washed away. Those are just two of the many stories of what people are enduring. And west of us was much worse.
The irony is that Asheville and west were hit by the hurricane. Ashe and Watauga damage was done before the hurricane even got to South Carolina.
This is the Hurricane Hazel of our generation for western North Carolina.

I have family that lives in Wilkesboro and up in Asheville/ Weaverville area. I know they got hit hard and it’s bad. Prayers for all.

Prayers to all the communities effected by Helene. The devestation is unbelievable. I have friends and family up there all over the place. Hope the federal government gets assistance and support there ASAP. Like yesterday would have been good.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Asheville looks like New Orleans did after Hurricane Katrina. It has been a complete disgrace of a recovery effort thus far too. It will take a decade to get Buncombe county back to what it was infrastructure wise

• Sad
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Asheville looks like New Orleans did after Hurricane Katrina. It has been a complete disgrace of a recovery effort thus far too. It will take a decade to get Buncombe county back to what it was infrastructure wise

Recovery in the mountains is much much different than flat areas. People are trying as best they can I'm sure. Nothing is going to be perfect. We've never dealt with anything like this in our lifetime in that area.

Is the game at Erwin still being played tomorrow?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT