ADVERTISEMENT

Western Alamance over Northern Guilford

WAFootballer

Sep 26, 2014
Western Alamance fought through the rain and sloppy conditions to defeat the Nighthawks of Northern Guilford Monday night 36-21. Awesome offensive game from QB Tre McCollum, RB Darius 'pooh pooh' Pinnix, WR/ RB/ Return guy Jake Christman (only a sophomore) as well as all the guys to dominate the line of scrimmage. Other than a couple big plays in the 1st half, a dominant performance on D! Northern may be in for a long 2nd half of the season!

McCollum, Pinnix, and the Warrior Defense were stellar. OL also paved the way for over 400 rushing yards for WA.

EA @ NG will be an interesting matchup on Friday.

Reactions: WAFootballer
My opinion is without 7 for Northern they got their work cut out for them ahead. EA will have no problem with them and they can thank WA for that. For the second year in a row, we take out one of their better players before they play EA. Last year it was the RB with an ankle and this year it is their star receiver and Safety.

Isn't funny all the arrogant Northern Guilford fans on here are deathly silent lol! Have fun going .500 this year!! Better hit that recruiting trail hard the next couple years!!

Reactions: footsoldier
I've got Ea by at least 7. How bad is 7 hurt? Northern still has Morehead to worry about too, Northern probably wins if they are healthy against Morehead. Northern still will probably finish 3rd in the conference

I've got Ea by at least 7. How bad is 7 hurt? Northern still has Morehead to worry about too, Northern probably wins if they are healthy against Morehead. Northern still will probably finish 3rd in the conference
I understand he broke his ankle early in the 4th but that is not confirmed. Just what I have been told. He wasn't a factor last night anyway and I'm sure the rain had a lot to do with that. One catch on the night and he fumbled that right back to us. Very one dimensional without him. No real threats in the passing game and all you have to do is bottle 3 up. 15 carries for 34 yards last night. I think a 3rd place finish would be a great year for them. They will be lucky to get that!

I'm hearing a lot of crickets from the Northern Guilford fans. I'm sure they are in shock that their recruits didn't win the game last night. Karma has slapped NG right over their collective faces. Their behavior last year before the state championship game was an absolute disgrace.

NG will finish 3rd or 4th in conference. They will get beaten again this Friday against Eastern. I'm sure we will hear the litany of excuses from the NG fans. They sure do love to talk when they win, but when they lose?

Crickets.

We aren't taking NG for granted. They are still a very good football team. Hope we come to play. Lamot got a little banged up last week. Hope he's OK and ready for Fri. Should be a good game.

Nice win for the Warriors last night!

Reactions: lisamac00
I'm hearing a lot of crickets from the Northern Guilford fans. I'm sure they are in shock that their recruits didn't win the game last night. Karma has slapped NG right over their collective faces. Their behavior last year before the state championship game was an absolute disgrace.

NG will finish 3rd or 4th in conference. They will get beaten again this Friday against Eastern. I'm sure we will hear the litany of excuses from the NG fans. They sure do love to talk when they win, but when they lose?

Crickets.
I doubt you hear one word from them Northern Guilford fans! They have tucked their tail and run lol! As much smack as they have talked I probably would keep my mouth closed as well lol!

We may finish 3rd but you won't finish 1st. You will remain EA's sidepiece! You beat us its a big deal. We beat you its just business as usual. Talk about no class, you on here boasting about taking out a player for EA for the second year! WOW, showing your real colors. Not only was that comment classless, you are talking about a kid that has nothing to do with you or this board. That's a new low....even for you...whomever you are.
Good win WA. Hats off to all the players. The rest of you well, lets see if you got what it takes to bring home some gold in the playoffs. If history is any measure, I doubt it, but guess what, I hope for the region, you can follow our lead and get it done. After all we have set the standard for performance in State 3AA championship games for this area! Can your school follow our lead? I will be watching.

Western has won states before. They won in 2007 And were close several times. Easterns been close but has been runner up a couple of times. I'm sure no one is still going to want to play Northern in the playoffs, especially if they are fully healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSO-Triple5
I doubt you hear one word from them Northern Guilford fans! They have tucked their tail and run lol! As much smack as they have talked I probably would keep my mouth closed as well lol!

LMAO!!! Whenever they lose, they have to rationalize their anger in some form or fashion. With two losses and another 2 or 3 left, I bet their recruiter will get canned.

Your recruiting obsession shows that you must always place a reason on why we win or lose. Its old even for you. News flash ....reasonable people believe that the system will catch cheaters. Your disappointment is that we have not been caught but you fail to rationalize that in the form of us not cheating! For the umteenth time, no school in this area is more scrutinized by GCS and the schools administration like NG. So to me its sad that some people want to address the many days and nights they have had to live with our beating their schools with an idea that we are cheating. We are not.

Quit crying. NG sucks! end of story, if by some miracle NG makes it to the ship, you will be embarrassed. I just hope its Crest that does it.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Your recruiting obsession shows that you must always place a reason on why we win or lose. Its old even for you. News flash ....reasonable people believe that the system will catch cheaters. Your disappointment is that we have not been caught but you fail to rationalize that in the form of us not cheating! For the umteenth time, no school in this area is more scrutinized by GCS and the schools administration like NG. So to me its sad that some people want to address the many days and nights they have had to live with our beating their schools with an idea that we are cheating. We are not.
Believe what you want dude! I know it has happened from insiders within the administration that I will not name on here for obvious reasons. Yes you are right they have been cleaning it up, hence that's why the playing field has somewhat been leveled up. It's about time.

As far as the comment goes about hurting kids before the Eastern Alamance game, you took that way out of context and maybe that is my fault for not choosing my words more carefully. I apologize for that. I did not mean to advocate in anyway that kids getting hurt in anyway was a good thing. Just stating that Northern had two players get hurt the last 2 years in the Western game right before they played Eastern. Poor choice of words by me I guess. I do feel bad for #7. He is a really good player and have a lot of respect for his game. Northern will miss him badly. I wish him a speedy recovery!

As far as following your lead into the playoffs? No thanks! We have a pretty good track record ourselves with 4 straight championship appearances in the mid 2000's. Plus we have always done it with dignity, honor, and class win or loose. You folks can not claim the same!

We may finish 3rd but you won't finish 1st. You will remain EA's sidepiece! You beat us its a big deal. We beat you its just business as usual. Talk about no class, you on here boasting about taking out a player for EA for the second year! WOW, showing your real colors. Not only was that comment classless, you are talking about a kid that has nothing to do with you or this board. That's a new low....even for you...whomever you are.
Good win WA. Hats off to all the players. The rest of you well, lets see if you got what it takes to bring home some gold in the playoffs. If history is any measure, I doubt it, but guess what, I hope for the region, you can follow our lead and get it done. After all we have set the standard for performance in State 3AA championship games for this area! Can your school follow our lead? I will be watching.
And as far as being EA sidepiece as you say, go do your homework dude! They beat us last year on the last play of the game and in the playoffs the year before. Outside of that we have dominated them. They are a bitter rival no doubt but the one thing I will say good about them is they have done things the right way!

Believe what you want dude! I know it has happened from insiders within the administration that I will not name on here for obvious reasons. Yes you are right they have been cleaning it up, hence that's why the playing field has somewhat been leveled up. It's about time.

As far as the comment goes about hurting kids before the Eastern Alamance game, you took that way out of context and maybe that is my fault for not choosing my words more carefully. I apologize for that. I did not mean to advocate in anyway that kids getting hurt in anyway was a good thing. Just stating that Northern had two players get hurt the last 2 years in the Western game right before they played Eastern. Poor choice of words by me I guess. I do feel bad for #7. He is a really good player and have a lot of respect for his game. Northern will miss him badly. I wish him a speedy recovery!

As far as following your lead into the playoffs? No thanks! We have a pretty good track record ourselves with 4 straight championship appearances in the mid 2000's. Plus we have always done it with dignity, honor, and class win or loose. You folks can not claim the same!

Yep, dignity, honor and class. That's the way to go, and Western Alamance does it right. The Warriors don't have blood on their hands like Northern Guilford does. NG holds such contempt for the rules that they really should be removed from the Association. Their behavior is absolutely deplorable, making sexually inappropriate comments while on the field of Carter Finley Stadium. No respect for anything, including themselves. They recruit like crazy for all sports.

Only a moron would misconstrue your comments about the NG injury. Those of us that have a brain totally understood that WAfootballer was merely reflectiong on how WA unwittingly helped their biggest rival, EA.

I also like Eastern Alamance. Like Western, EA plays with dignity, honor, and class.

Last edited:
Gosh I just love these inter-conf. rivalries......really miss it....we don;t have it anymore in our awful conf (Mid-state 2A)......except with Cummings and they have been down the last few years....Good luck to all you guys....and even the bottom feeders in your conf are getting better....Morehead especially..........................

See what I am saying lol! Northern thinks they are high and mighty. What they don't understand is NO ONE around the state respects them at all! They have no one to blame but themselves!

The Northern Guilford Kool-Aid and the big fat slice of humble pie that Western Alamance fed them last night hasn't been very good for their tummies...LOL.

If you don't think Northern Guilford is scrutinized by James Bondo and his Downtown Greensboro Double Naught Squad, then perhaps a head first dive in one of them aluminum Shat Houses that are strategically placed around western Alamance County, making the air pungent as an uncleaned, regurgitated in holding cell in Elon, or a five legged Congoranial, a native of western New Mexico, spearing its prey with a seventy five foot long tongue. Speaking of tongues, stick yours up a goat's ass, WAFootballer until its head caves in.
P.S. Good win for the Warriors.
P.S.S. What's the all time record betwix these two institutions ?

Pretty funny to hear GSO-Triple5 call somebody illiterate lol! Like what the heck does his dribble even mean? You have the past when you guys got away with any and everything, no arguments. But boy have the tides changed lol! Have fun moving forward in the future!

Reactions: wahswarriordad
Quit crying. NG sucks! end of story, if by some miracle NG makes it to the ship, you will be embarrassed. I just hope its Crest that does it.
Keep hoping because you have gotten you arse whipped two times when all the chips are on the line. We own you in the Ship, and there is nothing you can do about it but hope and lick your butt rash.

You are right, your words were not well chosen but I understand your point. Second, you are right again, you have done a good job playing for second. Keep up the good work. Last, you know what people tell you who have the same axe to grind as you. Anyone that knows the program, the players and the families know they have all those qualities and more. The fact of the matter is that its human nature to want those that are successful to fall from grace. Happens in america all the time. We are just thankful to be successful and we embrace whatever you guys throw at us because that is how we are made and why so many dislike us. Its funny to most of us..we laugh at it all the time.

People hate us just like they hate the Patriots. We have alot in common with them....we win championships and we get accused of cheating all the time. When we finally do lose its a big deal to alot of people. Yep, lots of similarities...I guess thats what champions have to face. Also, did I mention that the NG JV whipped the WA JV in football last week. I really dont pay attention too much to JV but others on here have made such remarks about of impending doom I just thought I would mention it.

People hate us just like they hate the Patriots. We have alot in common with them....we win championships and we get accused of cheating all the time. When we finally do lose its a big deal to alot of people. Yep, lots of similarities...I guess thats what champions have to face. Also, did I mention that the NG JV whipped the WA JV in football last week. I really dont pay attention too much to JV but others on here have made such remarks about of impending doom I just thought I would mention it.
Look everyone knows what has happened in the past. I wouldn't want to admit it either at my school either, but what other school starts off brand new and is immediately successful? Doesn't happen. Even with that said I am not making assumptions, but stating facts about what has happened in the past. I would love to get on here and spill my sources from within the administration but out of respect for them I would not do that to them. Let's just say the basketball team got busted and the football team narrowly escaped. Kudo's to Roscoe for knowing how to get around the rules. The basketball coach wasn't quite as smart lol! But who really cares its the past and nothing can happen about that now. I agree, Northern is watched closely now and hence that is why they are back to an even playing field with everybody.

As far as the JV's it was hardly a whipping at 14-10. I know western had at least 1 if not 2 td's called back. That's football so no whining here, but my point is that is not a whipping. A whipping is 49-8 job our JV's gave you guys last year. However, just so you know, our 6 best sophmores including the QB (playing WR & RB), RB (playing LB), another LB, safety, and 2 offensive lineman all started and played the whole game Monday night on varsity and have all year. So let's not compare JV. Put those 6 down on JV and that game would have been over by the end of quarter 1 like last year.

In all seriousness though how is #7 for you guys? Is he done for the year? I really do hate to see that in all seriousness. He was a very fun player to watch and seems like a good kid.

Last edited:
And just to expand on the JV point that YOU brought up, we will be just as strong next year or even stronger on the varsity level. On offense the entire offensive line will be back with the exception of LT as we start 2 juniors #50 and #58 and 2 sophomores #72 and #74, our starting RB #3 is just a junior, our FB #44 is a sophomore, our back up RB #21 who starts at DE is a junior, our QB #2 is a senior but will be replaced by #5 (soph) who starts in the slot this year on varsity and is faster and a better runner than #2, so all we got to do is replace #10 at receiver and we have many options there. Defensively we loose a little more but both our DE's #3 and #21 are juniors, 2 LB's #22 and #44 are sophomores, and one of our safeties #19 is a sophomore. We do have to replace the rest of our secondary but that won't be a problem.

So let's not start talking JV dude!

Reactions: wahswarriordad
Keep hoping because you have gotten you arse whipped two times when all the chips are on the line. We own you in the Ship, and there is nothing you can do about it but hope and lick your butt rash.

The purple queers are done. Last time you met Crest you didn't even make it to the ship. I hope Crest and NG get another chance this year. Ship or no Ship, Roscoe will get sent home with his tail between his legs. What's funny is you know it too. The only reason NG won state last year was because they didn't play Crest. You know that's true too.

The purple queers are done. Last time you met Crest you didn't even make it to the ship. I hope Crest and NG get another chance this year. Ship or no Ship, Roscoe will get sent home with his tail between his legs. What's funny is you know it too. The only reason NG won state last year was because they didn't play Crest. You know that's true too.
2 words for you Crest91 - FREEDOM PATRIOTS

Thats your problem. If you had more people in the school you could play up to 3AA! Also, in order to beat us you had to be at home and you called back two of our TD's and you beat Thomas not Roscoe. Big difference in coaching style and experience.

And just to expand on the JV point that YOU brought up, we will be just as strong next year or even stronger on the varsity level. On offense the entire offensive line will be back with the exception of LT as we start 2 juniors #50 and #58 and 2 sophomores #72 and #74, our starting RB #3 is just a junior, our FB #44 is a sophomore, our back up RB #21 who starts at DE is a junior, our QB #2 is a senior but will be replaced by #5 (soph) who starts in the slot this year on varsity and is faster and a better runner than #2, so all we got to do is replace #10 at receiver and we have many options there. Defensively we loose a little more but both our DE's #3 and #21 are juniors, 2 LB's #22 and #44 are sophomores, and one of our safeties #19 is a sophomore. We do have to replace the rest of our secondary but that won't be a problem.

So let's not start talking JV dude!
Hey don't make excuses! We have alot of players playing Varsity because we are young that would be playing on JV as well. It was no whipping I agree but a Win is a Win!

The thing is Northern has been really blessed with a ton of move in talent. So much move in talent that the building blocks of the program (the JV) has been ignored for years. Now that the move in have slowed down and the JVs haven't been properly developed Northern will be down IMO for a few years. On top of that I think this will be Roscoe's last year again. Then when the new Head Coach comes in it will be a total rebuild project.

The thing is Northern has been really blessed with a ton of move in talent. So much move in talent that the building blocks of the program (the JV) has been ignored for years. Now that the move in have slowed down and the JVs haven't been properly developed Northern will be down IMO for a few years. On top of that I think this will be Roscoe's last year again. Then when the new Head Coach comes in it will be a total rebuild project.
That is the post of the year! Well said and I couldn't agree more! I have no inside knowledge but I would be shocked if Roscoe is back next year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT