ADVERTISEMENT

West Stokes vs Reidsville

You are going way back Mule...that was 1983...at s. guilford. They were leading Reidsville 9-7 and all they needed to do was kneel down..They handed off to a senior back and he was stripped of the ball by David Graves who ran the ball back for the winning TD... Reidsville won 14-9..Daryl Barnes was head coach of SG at that time and his brother Mark Barnes was an asst. coach..Ironically Mark was head coach of Reidsville 1989-1992...when he left and was replaced by Jimmy Teague...............
The Barnes' brothers are Trinity grads.

Reactions: thekidd12
Good win for the Rams against a tough physical team... Neal slap took over in second half and the Rams bowed up and showed why they are ranked 1st.....Heck of a game to watch...
Neal is the most electric player to watch in the state as far as I’m concerned. Kendre can’t be guarded and hard as crap to bring down. Cobb fights through everything. If we get any run defense the rams will be back on top.

Late in the game the ball was snapped way over Neals head. He ran back picked it up but did not panic He immediately turned and searched for an open man. He found his mark an hit him for a TD. Dude has cool! Best broken play I have seen in quite a while.
Some of those plays where Neal is scrambling for about 10 seconds I can't believe they never call lineman down field

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Dionte Neal : 11 carries, 111 yards, 3 TDs; 24 of 31 passing for 335 yards, 2 TDs
Jariel Cobb 23 carries, 178 yards, 3 TDs; 4 receptions for 37 yards
Kendre Harrison 8 receptions, 133 yards, 1 TD; 1 two-point conversion catch
Cam Jones 8 receptions, 101 yards, 1 TD
J Sharpe 3 receptions, 53 yards; 9 tackles
Kori Rhodes 8 tackles
Grady Barrett 7 of 7 PAT kicks

West Stokes
Ayden Cherry 20 carries, 205 yrds, 4 TDs
Fleming 15 carries, 93 yards, 1 TD
Sam Reeves 7 of 14 passing for 104 yards, TD
Nate Akers 4 receptions, 69 yards

TOTAL YARDS
West Stokes 402
Reidsville 654

West stokes had a good offensive line and a couple of good running backs. Good team overall.
WOW, what a game of contrasting styles and both were fun to watch. Reidsville is high flying and slinging it all over the field with athletes to burn. West Stokes is a strong, physical, smash mouth team that just shoves it down your throat. Very impressed with the Reidsville athletes per usual and Neal is special! Was most impressed with the West Stokes offensive line and running backs. Been a long time since I’ve seen a Reidsville defense shoved around and ran over like that. Again, great game by both teams and they will be a handful for anyone else in the state in 2A.

Last edited:
Dionte Neal : 11 carries, 111 yards, 3 TDs; 24 of 31 passing for 335 yards, 2 TDs
Jariel Cobb 23 carries, 178 yards, 3 TDs; 4 receptions for 37 yards
Kendre Harrison 8 receptions, 133 yards, 1 TD; 1 two-point conversion catch
Cam Jones 8 receptions, 101 yards, 1 TD
J Sharpe 3 receptions, 53 yards; 9 tackles
Kori Rhodes 8 tackles
Grady Barrett 7 of 7 PAT kicks

West Stokes
Ayden Cherry 20 carries, 205 yrds, 4 TDs
Fleming 15 carries, 93 yards, 1 TD
Sam Reeves 7 of 14 passing for 104 yards, TD
Nate Akers 4 receptions, 69 yards

TOTAL YARDS
West Stokes 402
Reidsville 654
654 total yards is very impressive especially against a good team.

Reactions: wolfpackjj78
Neal is the real deal (rhyming intentional). Cobb is a stud RB. Kendre is a national prospect. Jones and J9 or both college caliber athletes. Those 5 makes us almost impossible to guard especially w a veteran O-line. We do need to clean up discipline issues and play more physical on D for those playoff run teams we will see. Overall, W.Stokes sounds legit and we may see them again in the playoffs. I want them to rep our conference well in the playoffs!

654 total yards is very impressive especially against a good team.
Reidsville was the consensus favorite coming into the season and obviously, they still are. Everyone else was/is playing for runner up. But, if I’m the rest of the field, I feel encouraged by what West Stokes was able to do. I listened to the game on RoCo Radio, and there were times WS ran through the middle of Rams defense, as if it was a wet paper bag. I assume Cobb still plays some linebacker, but they are definitely missing the guys they lost to graduation and maybe some interior defensive linemen.

Rams offense is phenomenal. I underestimated Neal coming into the season, being that he hadn’t played quarterback since middle school. Quarterback is usually the one position you can’t take a long hiatus away from playing, but the kid has the added dimension of being just a superior athlete at the position. He’s the real deal at quarterback. I tip my hat to him making the seamless transition to quarterback, and obviously being able to throw it, in addition to being a superior athlete. Kudos to the young man.

All this said,, 41 points and 402 yards of offense to a 2A opponent, you guys aren’t scaring anyone. Offensively, yes. Defensively, no! Penalty laden game, worthy of a little of the excessive wining that I heard listening to the game, but the Refs had nothing to with your interior defense.

Last edited:
My thoughts, which are worth less than a cup of cold coffee.
1. Neal stirs the drink. Play making ability in less than perfect conditions or busted plays is like nothing I've ever seen
2. Cobb is one of the most under recruited rb's in the country.
3. Kendre is as advertised
4. Cam and J9 make big plays and are like a timex watch.
5. West running game reminded me a lot of Vandy against Alabama and East Dublin against us. Wasn't fancy, but we couldn't stop it. The guard was as advertised.
6. I wish we could kick the ball deep on kick offs. Giving a team 15 -20 yds on a team like West isn't a perfect situation.
7. West is going to be a hard out in playoffs.
Great game and great atmosphere

Some of the best catches in the game were by Neal on receiving end of shotgun snaps.
When he gets the ball in his hands, it's a highlight reel waiting to happen.

Reactions: Rammer16
Reidsville was the consensus favorite coming into the season and obviously, they still are. Everyone else was/is playing for runner up. But, if I’m the rest of the field, I feel encouraged by what West Stokes was able to do. I listened to the game on RoCo Radio, and there were times WS ran through the middle of Rams defense, as if it was a wet paper bag. I assume Cobb still plays some linebacker, but they are definitely missing the guys they lost to graduation and maybe some interior defensive linemen.

Rams offense is phenomenal. I underestimated Neal coming into the season, being that he hadn’t played quarterback since middle school. Quarterback is usually the one position you can’t take a long hiatus away from playing, but the kid has the added dimension of being just a superior athlete at the position. He’s the real deal at quarterback. I tip my hat to him making the seamless transition to quarterback, and obviously being able to throw it, in addition to being a superior athlete. Kudos to the young man.

All this said,, 41 points and 402 yards of offense to a 2A opponent, you guys aren’t scaring anyone. Offensively, yes. Defensively, no! Penalty laden game, worthy of a little of the excessive wining that I heard listening to the game, but the Refs had nothing to with your interior defense.

I underestimated the losses of widerman and Mansfield. I knew they were really good of course. This reidsville team actually reminds me more of an older Burlington Cummings team than a reidsville team, which isn’t a bad thing as they used to could out score people. Cobb doesn’t play that much defense. Because he has 100% of running duties

West is going to have to shore up their D if they want to make a deep run. All depends on the draw. Hope Fleming is okay. Major cog in the wheel of the program.

Something that got overlooked for Reidsville is that top JV receiver Derek Lyons appeared to have suffered a major injury from getting hit on the sideline when West Stokes was tackling us 5 yards out of bounds. Medical staff worked on his left leg for a long time and he was eventually carted off the field. Hoping for the best for Derek but it didn't look good.

• Wow
Reactions: Rammer16
Something that got overlooked for Reidsville is that top JV receiver Derek Lyons appeared to have suffered a major injury from getting hit on the sideline when West Stokes was tackling us 5 yards out of bounds. Medical staff worked on his left leg for a long time and he was eventually carted off the field. Hoping for the best for Derek but it didn't look good.
Was a penalty called on the play?

I underestimated the losses of widerman and Mansfield. I knew they were really good of course. This reidsville team actually reminds me more of an older Burlington Cummings team than a reidsville team, which isn’t a bad thing as they used to could out score people. Cobb doesn’t play that much defense. Because he has 100% of running duties
Seemed like Harrison didn't play much on defense second half. Cobb played more than him. All the Reidsville receivers catch everything but #8 is really good. Makes a play and acts like nothing happened. With his size I'm sure he is getting offers.

Seemed like Harrison didn't play much on defense second half. Cobb played more than him. All the Reidsville receivers catch everything but #8 is really good. Makes a play and acts like nothing happened. With his size I'm sure he is getting offers.

Yeah, but I don’t think Cobb played many snaps on defense. Harrison was cramping, but was effective. I didn’t believe west was going to be the best team we’ve played this year, but they were.

This is really the only game Reidsville has given up points. Will see how they adjust this week against Walkertown

Yeah, but I don’t think Cobb played many snaps on defense. Harrison was cramping, but was effective. I didn’t believe west was going to be the best team we’ve played this year, but they were.
#57 for West is a junior really good on the line. May be bigger than Whitt

Cherry for West played safety and running back never leaving the field. He is one tough player
He is that and Neal and Sharpe for Reidsville also never left the field.....didn't seem to affect any of those players....shows you that they all are in peak condition................all that aside...I've heard talk that Walkertown is even better than West Stokes...maybe...I'll guess we'll find out next friday....When do Walkertown and West Stokes butt heads??

Reactions: kingbluedevil
This is really the only game Reidsville has given up points. Will see how they adjust this week against Walkertown
I told anyone that would listen early in pre-season, how much Reidsville would miss Mansfield and Widerman at linebackers... you can add the name Devin Shyrock at DE to that list as well.............................

I told anyone that would listen early in pre-season, how much Reidsville would miss Mansfield and Widerman at linebackers... you can add the name Devin Shyrock at DE to that list as well.............................

You did, I’ll give you props. I actually meant to tag you were adamant about that. Skyrock was physical, but Kadence Pruitt has done pretty well and a sophomore

Last edited:
Reactions: rambbq
He is that and Neal and Sharpe for Reidsville also never left the field.....didn't seem to affect any of those players....shows you that they all are in peak condition................all that aside...I've heard talk that Walkertown is even better than West Stokes...maybe...I'll guess we'll find out next friday....When do Walkertown and West Stokes butt heads??
Last game regular season at Walkertown. Last few weeks they haven't been as impressive. Beat North Forsyth by 7 last night and NF was without their QB.

All I know about Walkertown is that they beat both Salisbury and Forest Hills both pretty good programs...Think this Ram team when on can outscore anyone...a turnover or two by Reidsville last night and it could've been a different result..................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT