ADVERTISEMENT

West Stokes vs Reidsville

You are going way back Mule...that was 1983...at s. guilford. They were leading Reidsville 9-7 and all they needed to do was kneel down..They handed off to a senior back and he was stripped of the ball by David Graves who ran the ball back for the winning TD... Reidsville won 14-9..Daryl Barnes was head coach of SG at that time and his brother Mark Barnes was an asst. coach..Ironically Mark was head coach of Reidsville 1989-1992...when he left and was replaced by Jimmy Teague...............
The Barnes' brothers are Trinity grads.

Reactions: thekidd12
Good win for the Rams against a tough physical team... Neal slap took over in second half and the Rams bowed up and showed why they are ranked 1st.....Heck of a game to watch...
Neal is the most electric player to watch in the state as far as I’m concerned. Kendre can’t be guarded and hard as crap to bring down. Cobb fights through everything. If we get any run defense the rams will be back on top.

Dionte Neal is a magician ... huge numbers in this one ... I'll post when they become official but over 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing.

Reactions: Rammer16
Late in the game the ball was snapped way over Neals head. He ran back picked it up but did not panic He immediately turned and searched for an open man. He found his mark an hit him for a TD. Dude has cool! Best broken play I have seen in quite a while.

I heard dislocated elbow for Lin. I hope it's not bad West needs him on both sides of the ball. Cherry for West and Neal for Reidsville were fun to watch.

Late in the game the ball was snapped way over Neals head. He ran back picked it up but did not panic He immediately turned and searched for an open man. He found his mark an hit him for a TD. Dude has cool! Best broken play I have seen in quite a while.
Some of those plays where Neal is scrambling for about 10 seconds I can't believe they never call lineman down field

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Dionte Neal : 11 carries, 111 yards, 3 TDs; 24 of 31 passing for 335 yards, 2 TDs
Jariel Cobb 23 carries, 178 yards, 3 TDs; 4 receptions for 37 yards
Kendre Harrison 8 receptions, 133 yards, 1 TD; 1 two-point conversion catch
Cam Jones 8 receptions, 101 yards, 1 TD
J Sharpe 3 receptions, 53 yards; 9 tackles
Kori Rhodes 8 tackles
Grady Barrett 7 of 7 PAT kicks

West Stokes
Ayden Cherry 20 carries, 205 yrds, 4 TDs
Fleming 15 carries, 93 yards, 1 TD
Sam Reeves 7 of 14 passing for 104 yards, TD
Nate Akers 4 receptions, 69 yards

TOTAL YARDS
West Stokes 402
Reidsville 654

West stokes had a good offensive line and a couple of good running backs. Good team overall.
WOW, what a game of contrasting styles and both were fun to watch. Reidsville is high flying and slinging it all over the field with athletes to burn. West Stokes is a strong, physical, smash mouth team that just shoves it down your throat. Very impressed with the Reidsville athletes per usual and Neal is special! Was most impressed with the West Stokes offensive line and running backs. Been a long time since I’ve seen a Reidsville defense shoved around and demoralized like that. Again, great game by both teams and they will be a handful for anyone else in the state in 2A.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT