ADVERTISEMENT

Carver Makes HC Change

LBCoach29

Feb 9, 2021
I have just received word that Carver has made a HC coaching change effective immediately. CORNELIUS HOLMES will now be the new Interim HC for the remainder of the season and possibly beyond. Funny that he wasn't even on the current football staff for this season. Odd timing for a change during the middle of the season. Administration felt it was time for a change. They stated that the former HC was losing the team along with losing games. He might have gotten a raw deal in this situation.

Yes, it is very unusual for HC change to be made at the HS level in season - barring the coach having some serious health or family issues. Sounds like a complete mess at Carver right now. It is even more odd since the Jackets seem a little better this season and have won some games and been competitive in the games they lost. So something major must have happened to cause this coaching change. I know I am a broken record, but no school has been screwed over worse than Carver with Forsyth Co's moronic open enrollment policy. There is a lot of great talent playing at other schools in the county that should be playing at Carver.

Word on the streets in Winston is that the Head Football Coach from Carver has been fired!!!! This will be the kids 3rd coach in 3 years when they hire someone. The fact that the hire this man was beyond me anyway and he didn't last two full seasons. I just want to know the real reason they let him go and I wanna know who's the next person to take the job. I don't think too many candidates will be knocking the door over to become the next Head Coach at 3545. They have a game against Corvian on Friday and that might get ugly early. Who are some names you'll will think that will put their hat in for the job.

It's really sad to say this, but it's not gonna get any better with the administration they have there.. these were the same folks who fired Griffin who was legitly the best coach they've had in terms of discipline since Wilkes. He wasn't liked by them for various reasons and they did him something awful. It's obvious they are trying to influence the program into what they want instead of what it should be naturally guided by the people who are in charge of it. No one with any backbone will want nothing to do with that.

And the timing can't be any more worse as they are more than likely moving up classes next year and they needed all the wins and improved performance they could get this year to finish out strong and build the brand up, now they've nuked the program again and have to go up in a post nuked landscape. No kid is gonna want to play there and no coach is gonna want to deal with that willingly. So beyond dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT