ADVERTISEMENT

West Stokes at Reidsville - Western 2-A regional final

one of the oddest facts.....the Reidsville QB that got ejected in the regional final football game versus Kinston in 2011...later that school year got ejected in the regional final BASKETBALL game versus?? you guessed it....Kinston............that is truly weird.....................

And we were there!:(

Reactions: rambbq
They called two touchdowns back on Kinston in the championship. Maybe that was payback
No offense, if you’re a West Stokes fan, but Kinston got hosed that game, worst called game I have ever seen, perhaps some Karma indeed. Kinston was clearly the better team, and had no business whatsoever losing that game. The Refs did them in.

Reactions: daagoob
No offense, if you’re a West Stokes fan, but Kinston got hosed that game, worst called game I have ever seen, perhaps some Karma indeed. Kinston was clearly the better team, and had no business whatsoever losing that game. The Refs did them in.

I thought Kinston was better, but I didn't feel bad for them one bit.

These schools used to be in the same conference ... I'll have to check the years.
This was an odd conference configuration:
North State 2-A (2005-2008)
McMichael
Reidsville
West Stokes
Southern Guilford
Winston-Salem Atkins
Eastern Guilford

Reactions: Slasher Killer
This was an odd conference configuration:
North State 2-A (2005-2008)
McMichael
Reidsville
West Stokes
Southern Guilford
Winston-Salem Atkins
Eastern Guilford

Was the current AD the AD back then? Because that looks like his handy (lack of) work right there.

I felt terrible for them, but I most definitely understand why you didn’t. WS couldn’t do anything with the speed of Kinston. It felt terrible watching that game, the way it was reffed, and my feelings had absolutely nothing to do with our outcome with WS.

We should have went for it on 4th and 1 in that 2011 Western Final. To this day our coaching staff regrets that. We could have easily got that first down and then run the clock out. Instead we punted it and your QB put the whole entire West Stokes team on his back and willed his way down the field to score a td and beat us with hardly any time remaining. It was just an incredible show of determination by your QB that year. He was good. Our QB tore his ACL on the first play of the game....wasn't even touched, just turned the wrong way and pop. Our backup did all he could and almost pulled it out. That was just a great Western Final.
You are exactly right. Should have went for it because Shelby had a good size line that year.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
A lot of people didn't know it but West quarterback played all year with a shoulder injury on throwing arm. His cousin came in the game to throw long pass against Shelby.

Yes with insight, requests, and influences from the coaches and ADs. That's how those Randolph County schools got rid of Reidsville.

So... was the current AD the AD back then?
I can't remember when long time AD Jones retired. I'm thinking he was still there in 2006.

Reactions: Rammer16
I love the fact that when your team loses the first thing you want to do is blame the referees! There is so many other aspects of the game that caused you to be in the situation that you are in. Stop blaming the referees and play the game with integrity and the way it's supposed to be played.

My father-in-law, who was an ACC official and who is now a commissioner in a different conference once told me, and might I add put me in my place with this statement.. for argument's sake, if a referee has a possible hundred calls he can make in any one game and if they miss two or three calls they still grade out with a 97 to 98 percentile. When you take a test or or do a certification for your job that's a A and you pass. Nobody is perfect and somebody's going to miss something here in there.

Honestly this is why we have trouble fielding referees and umpires in our high school sports today. They are tired of dealing with the parent/fan coaches and all of the complaining and heckling they get about one missed call or the one they didn't call. This is why it's a felony to touch any referee and that's a shame that our lawmakers had to pass something like that because of a game...

I love the fact that when your team loses the first thing you want to do is blame the referees! There is so many other aspects of the game that caused you to be in the situation that you are in. Stop blaming the referees and play the game with integrity and the way it's supposed to be played.

My father-in-law, who was an ACC official and who is now a commissioner in a different conference once told me, and might I add put me in my place with this statement.. for argument's sake, if a referee has a possible hundred calls he can make in any one game and if they miss two or three calls they still grade out with a 97 to 98 percentile. When you take a test or or do a certification for your job that's a A and you pass. Nobody is perfect and somebody's going to miss something here in there.

Honestly this is why we have trouble fielding referees and umpires in our high school sports today. They are tired of dealing with the parent/fan coaches and all of the complaining and heckling they get about one missed call or the one they didn't call. This is why it's a felony to touch any referee and that's a shame that our lawmakers had to pass something like that because of a game...

You’re correct. Especially in hs where they don’t have the benefit of the doubt of instant replays. We are all human, but regardless I will point something out if it is obvious.

You’re correct. Especially in hs where they don’t have the benefit of the doubt of instant replays. We are all human, but regardless I will point something out if it is obvious.
At the eastern Randolph game two weeks ago a punt bounced out of bounds and the ref walked up ten yards to spot it. The fans helped him get the spot right. A few minutes later after ER scored they were going to kickoff from the 45. Everything was corrected and they called a good game.

This!!!!!!^^^^^^^^

Reidsville should be favored by 10 points or more! BUT West Stokes is playing VERY well and feels good about their team and chances. This is a senior loaded team who is on a real roll now! Both coaching staffs know each other so there will be no surprises. Both have good skill players. Main match up will be up front!!!

One things for sure to be in the Semi Finals this Reidsville/WS board is the most boringness forum I have ever seen. Looks like WS has hardly any fans on here. Guarantee if we was playing Shelby or Lincolnton the Board would be on its 6th page by now.

One things for sure to be in the Semi Finals this Reidsville/WS board is the most boringness forum I have ever seen. Looks like WS has hardly any fans on here. Guarantee if we was playing Shelby or Lincolnton the Board would be on its 6th page by now.

I have a relative at a school other than reidsville. They have zero posters on here. Not one thread about them all year.

And they are still playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT