ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth VS North Davidson for a share of CPC Title

crazyduke3

Mar 28, 2010
This is what, the 3rd time in 4 seasons that these two have met for CPC title? I know we have some dedicated West Fo fans. A win is an outright CPC title for the Titans

Game in clemmons will be a HUGE gate like it usually is. Thoughts? Lots of implications between the CPC title and playoff seeding.

After seeing how ND has played on defense lately I think it's safe to say that West will be a big favorite to win this game.

21 points to Glenn
27 points to Tabor
40 points in loss to Reagan
28 points to Davie
14 points to RJR
26 Points to Parkland

With that being said I'm going with West Forsyth

West Forsyth-38
ND-14

Well, West is definitely the heavy favorite. We started off the season well but seem to have regressed. Hopefully the tradition of the rivalry rings true and it will be a good ole slobberknocker, not decided til the end of the game. This is for the CPC!

Either way, I don't really expect much out of the CPC in the playoffs this year. West and Reagan will go 4AA and probably get lit up by one of the better Charlotte schools in the second or third round. In the meantime if North gets out of the first round of 4A ball we will probably run into Charlotte Catholic or Dudley, and that could be an ugly bloodletting.

[QUOTE="BlackKnightNut, post: 224378, member: 2772" ole slobberknocker, not decided til the end of the game..[/QUOTE]

As dumb as it is, I never get tired of hearing Slobberknocker, lol. Especially in football.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
West has to avoid beating themselves. They have some serious talent but they can beat themselves (twice this year) It's senior night. West has a chance to go 6-0 in conference play. That would be two outright CPC Titles in three years both 6-0. Reagan won last year with a 6-0 record, West the year before... so N. Davidson should be hungry because it's been awhile.

West Forsyth Jr. offensive lineman about to get a Div. 1 offer soon! That would be 5 players with D-1 offers on this team. #73 Isaiah Jones 6'5 308lbs. He's getting a lot of looks, making some visits(Duke) and the West line is clicking. A true mauler.

I sure miss Hunter Hoots on North Davidson... That dude is/was a football player, he killed West Forsyth every year it seems. Is he playing at Guilford College? Hard to replace that cat.

Hunter was truly one of the greats to play for ND at linebacker. As clutch of a player on defense as ND has ever seen. I believe Guliford is correct I think.

Can't believe it's Slade's last game against North (most likely). Feels like he's been around for 9 years now!

Slade ... What can you say, the guy is really great at every position on the field and I will miss him...A win should give him the "CPC Player of the Year" as he has been runner-up since his Soph. Season. He has about 30 or 35 TD's this year Rushing, Passing & Receiving. Some really really long game breakers.

Congrats Black Knights!, sadly I have to admit I didn't give them a shot tonight, stayed in instead!, They proved Me wrong, hate I missed it....Anyone there with insight, please share!

Does this mean they will have to have a draw for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place between N.Davidson, W.Forsyth, and Reagan?

If Reagan goes 4AA, like some say could happen, West Forsyth will get the #1 seed over Reagan because of the head to head matchup. If Reagan stays at the 4A level, they will get the #1 seed over North Davidson because of the head to head. If Reagan goes 4AA North will get the #1 seed from the CPC for the 4A playoffs.

If Reagan goes 4AA, like some say could happen, West Forsyth will get the #1 seed over Reagan because of the head to head matchup. If Reagan stays at the 4A level, they will get the #1 seed over North Davidson because of the head to head. If Reagan goes 4AA North will get the #1 seed from the CPC for the 4A playoffs.
That's not quite how it works. It's the conferences' jobs to break ties and report the official standings of record to the NCHSAA (with no ties). All of this happens before the brackets are ever constructed, so someone at the CPC has already determined who is #1, #2, #3 and #4 in the conference before the NCHSAA ever sees it. Most conferences draw straws if head-to-head results don't give a clear finishing order.

All the NCHSAA does is take a look at any teams that have the same conference record as the official champ of record and also awards those teams #1 seeds if they go into different divisions than the official champ of record (or any other higher finishing team in the conference) did.

ProBro posted that West won the draw, with ND #2 and Reagan #3. That means that West will be seeded with the #1s in 4AA, ND will be seeded with the #1s in 4A, and Reagan will be seeded with the #3s in whichever division they go into. In this case, Reagan can't get seeded with the #1s because either West or ND finished ahead of them in the official standings and one or the other of them are also in the same division.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. Thanks for that info hokie. Hey, I'm just glad North drew the 2!!!!

The only way ND doesn't get a #1 here is if Reagan stays small and wins the draw, which didn't happen. ND will be seeded with the #1s, so they're all good to go.

That was an extremely exciting game for everyone involved. Those kids (both teams) played their butts off! Very proud of my Black Knights, way to step up and play with a sense of urgency. Saw more emotion out of them tonight then any other time this season. Great win!!

Whoohoo! I just got home from work to see the great news! Like I said before, the West rivalry is unpredictable, and the Black Knights got it done! So happy, wish I coulda been there!

Fellas, Kicked Off already knows this but you can listen to the replay of last night's game here:
http://mixlr.com/knights-sports-network/showreel/
And how about the young Black Knight kicker Chris Dunn! 7 touchbacks vs West, he now has 14 over the last three weeks.
Joe Butts also became the all-time single season passing leader. As a team, the Black Knights surpassed the 2014 version's 2555 passing yards (now have 2622yds).
Coming into this season North was the ONLY CPC team to have double digit wins in each of its last three seasons..make it 4 in a row.
West is now 15-3 over the last 2 seasons inside the Central Piedmont with the two of loses coming to North..the other of course was to Reagan in 2014.
As far as the series goes North has won 5 of the last 6 with 4 of the last 5 meetings being decided by 7pts or less.

Reactions: NDAnnouncer
Great ALL AROUND game. That was awesome getting to celebrate on the field with the team, coaches, parents, fans, etc. The only way this one could have been better was if it was in Welcome. Last but not least and should have been brought up earlier, great job by the coaches. That was a complete team victory. Let's string this thing out into December!!

On the road for work this weekend just some quick thoughts....

1st and most importantly, this is why the kids play and big mouths who know nothing ( ME) don't matter!

2. Very proud of those kids, very much. Coach said after the game, they don't know just how special it is to win the CPC. He's right.

3. Mark Holcomb is truly as good as it gets. He may not be Art Briles, but reminds me a lot of Jimmy Johnson who coached the cowboys. The players truly love him and take to his instruction.

ND should get to drop the loss and count as undefeated right?

On the road for work this weekend just some quick thoughts....

1st and most importantly, this is why the kids play and big mouths who know nothing ( ME) don't matter!

2. Very proud of those kids, very much. Coach said after the game, they don't know just how special it is to win the CPC. He's right.

3. Mark Holcomb is truly as good as it gets. He may not be Art Briles, but reminds me a lot of Jimmy Johnson who coached the cowboys. The players truly love him and take to his instruction.

ND should get to drop the loss and count as undefeated right?

No because it was conference - can't be dropped

Keep trying, eventually it's bound to happen for ya. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...

I don't know that much about ND

But statistically West should have killed ND.
MaxPreps, Carolina Varsity and everyone else I know picked West over ND

Nd, is The same team that almost lost to parkland and lost to Reagan.

Last night was an upset. Statistically at least.

I don't know that much about ND

But statistically West should have killed ND.
MaxPreps, Carolina Varsity and everyone else I know picked West over ND

Nd, is The same team that almost lost to parkland and lost to Reagan.

Last night was an upset. Statistically at least.

And that's why you don't predict football based on comparitive scores, especially when it comes to a rivalry game.

Seeing some weird things in the prliminary brackets, I know Reagan beat North, but thought they drew ahead of them for playoff seeding?, got North as a 7 seed, RR as a 5 in the 4a west?, is the a mistake, or someone with more knowledge can explain

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT